NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2019-2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2020 season will be locked on 2020-10-14. Please finish any 2020 discussions here, and take any 2021 outlook discussions to the 2021 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as of Aug 19, 2019 the correct answer is Kawhi. We will agree to disagree...

Presumably every player is fired up AF bc their livelihood and legacy relies on it.  Unfortunately, basketball is a skill sport, and I don’t think being fired up is a category in 9 cat. 

Ah, now I see where all these absurd takes are coming from...

On 10/23/2019 at 1:30 AM, HK-47 said:

Well Kawhi is one of the best defenders in the NBA so that was clearly a factor.

Gonna say Hornets are defensive juggernauts too?  Guy just decided to stop scoring so he can look like a point guard or something.  

14 minutes ago, Steele2786 said:

Gonna say Hornets are defensive juggernauts too?  Guy just decided to stop scoring so he can look like a point guard or something.  

Lol no you're being ridiculous. I was talking about that game and Kawhi was clearly bothering him, especially in the 4th...and that was the direct comment I responded to. Not sure your point here man you didn't say anything when he scored 32 last game. Funny how that works....

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Well AD is absolutely unstoppable atm so Lebron knows when to back down.  I’m assuming he take over as primary scorer were he required to.  

No man Lebron must try to score a ton every single game. Even though he is averaging 25 points the first 2 games it's clear he doesn't care about scoring anymore. Deferring to AD even though he is ballin is unacceptable. 

Edited by HK-47
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

No man Lebron must try to score a ton every single game. Even though he is averaging 25 points the first 2 games it's clear he doesn't care about scoring anymore. Deferring to AD even though he is ballin is unacceptable. 

Not gonna lie, LeBron even though hes averaging 25 looks passive as f---. He is definitely trying to be a pass first player and getting others involved then when they dont hit he tries to take over while still looking to pass to an open man. Its the same tired criticism people at espn always say. If he had that michael jordan or kobe mentality he would average at bare minimum 30 points easily.

12 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Not gonna lie, LeBron even though hes averaging 25 looks passive as f---. He is definitely trying to be a pass first player and getting others involved then when they dont hit he tries to take over while still looking to pass to an open man. Its the same tired criticism people at espn always say. If he had that michael jordan or kobe mentality he would average at bare minimum 30 points easily.

Really don't care...lol. People want him to be something he isn't. Scored 32 last game but not good enough because he's passing more this game. Always something. Just gotta accept who he is....or just stay mad. Whatever works for you guys.

Edited by HK-47
9 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Exactly.  Couldn’t care less what his average is, he clearly brought it in the last game.  It’s the fact he has the ability to score at will, but defers touches to danny green and avery bradley.

This thread isn’t about real life it’s about fantasy.  And when your first rounder turns into a beta scorer it’s annoying.

4 minutes ago, Steele2786 said:

Exactly.  Couldn’t care less what his average is, he clearly brought it in the last game.  It’s the fact he has the ability to score at will, but defers touches to danny green and avery bradley.

This thread isn’t about real life it’s about fantasy.  And when your first rounder turns into a beta scorer it’s annoying.

So far it seems like what it's really about is you only coming around when he doesn't score as much as you want. Just trade him.

Edited by HK-47
3 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Really don't care...lol. People want him to be something he isn't. Scored 32 last game but not good enough. Y'all gotta get over it. 

Dude lebron is amazing and top 5 player of all time. No one can complain about his production but we all fantasize and drool if he had that MJ or Kobe mentality. Obviously after 17 years no one can expect anything like that or him to turn into that MJ/Kobe type but in an alternate universe he would in his prime probably average 40 points per game thats how dominant he could be.

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I dont own lebron james in any league this year either. Just saying he looks like he really wants to be a point guard instead of being the man.

Yeah but if you have that opinion in a forum about lebron james you’re crying. Best not say anything

3 minutes ago, Steele2786 said:

Yeah but if you have that opinion in a forum about lebron james you’re crying. Best not say anything

Cant cry when i could care less what he does fantasy wise. Lebron do you just putting my take on a player i like. He will be great fellas just not miami heat great. 

he was probably saving his energy for 2nd half just incase. got to the rim at will 2nd half. love what he offers. lbj/simmons combo is dirty especially if lbj ups his dimes. took lbj over joker and would do it again. (as long as lbj doesn't rest in h2h playoffs)

Will LeBron ever get the PG position on Yahoo? Kinda ridiculous that Cam Reddish has 3 positions Including PG but LeBron doesn’t have PG. Pretty obvious to see he’s playing that position most of the game. Simmons has it, makes no sense for LeBron not to. 

18 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Will LeBron ever get the PG position on Yahoo? Kinda ridiculous that Cam Reddish has 3 positions Including PG but LeBron doesn’t have PG. Pretty obvious to see he’s playing that position most of the game. Simmons has it, makes no sense for LeBron not to. 

I think it goes by official game position so even though we all know hes the point guard if they list him as starting SF then it doesnt count. Ben Simmons must have been officially listed as a starting PG in some games. Then again im just assuming I can be dead wrong.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:44 PM, HK-47 said:

Lol no you're being ridiculous. I was talking about that game and Kawhi was clearly bothering him, especially in the 4th...and that was the direct comment I responded to. Not sure your point here man you didn't say anything when he scored 32 last game. Funny how that works....

*puts foot in mouth tonight 

This is why I chose LeBron in the first round (6th overall). He is primed for a great year and simply cannot be compared with anyone. He is almost 35 years old. Barring a freak injury, I see him playing 65+ games this year and returning top 10 value - fits perfectly for my punt FT% and TO build really. LeBron is the GOAT.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to LeBron James 2019-2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic