Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

LeBron James 2019-2020 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2020 season will be locked on 2020-10-14. Please finish any 2020 discussions here, and take any 2021 outlook discussions to the 2021 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as of Aug 19, 2019 the correct answer is Kawhi. We will agree to disagree...

Presumably every player is fired up AF bc their livelihood and legacy relies on it.  Unfortunately, basketball is a skill sport, and I don’t think being fired up is a category in 9 cat. 

Ah, now I see where all these absurd takes are coming from...

He has 2 different free throw routines/shots. He is making a bunch when he is really slow on the release and almost hesitates to pull the ball up into shooting position. Then there is a quicker release that looks smoother and more natural but he just clanks them for whatever reason. Hopefully he settles into the slower version. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

his ft shooting isn't bad and looks like he is improved/focused on it. easy pts that he needs to make and looks like he really wants to win

 

GSW sucks and Durant is back in the East....its easier road now....of course he's focused.

Easy Path Bron.

 

Back to fantasy.  I wouldn't mind having him on my roster

Edited by DLG10
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ginocan said:

He put up numbers that unheard of for someone playing in their 16th season. Legendary. 

 

I agree but 16 years NOW is not the same as 16 years in the previous eras.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

He has 2 different free throw routines/shots. He is making a bunch when he is really slow on the release and almost hesitates to pull the ball up into shooting position. Then there is a quicker release that looks smoother and more natural but he just clanks them for whatever reason. Hopefully he settles into the slower version. 

I’ve noticed this also. He did say he will improve this year. I’m hoping he can make that routine stick and shoot 75+

Link to post
Share on other sites

LeBron Grey Beard James. 
 

He looks like he have aged so much. But his plays still beastly. 
 

unbelievably amazing. He’s on a mission for another MVP. He’s on a mission for another Finals MVP. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him at pick 9 in my draft and I've been very pleased. Kinda glad I got such a low pick because I was gunning for Curry if I had pick 3-6. Just hope he can stay healthy this season and doesn't load manage too much towards the end of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

What do y’all make of this? BS? Upgrade LeBron’s stock?

 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28039216/lebron-james-load-management-not-hurt-playing

Can still be "load managed" during a game lol but 20 min of Lebron on the court is better than like 75% of players so i'll take it if it's true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to LeBron James 2019-2020 Outlook
2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet or not but seeing as he more or less is the point guard of this team - why doesnt he have the PG status (at least on Yahoo he doesnt). 

Just in case anyone else was curious....Here's my conversation with Yahoo customer support. 
 
Trevor

What can I do for you today Mike?

9:16:35 AM
Me

I'm curious as to why LeBron James doesn't have PG status in fantasy basketball? He starts/plays the point guard position EVERY SINGLE GAME. Thanks for any information.

9:17:04 AM
Trevor

So it is actually being talked about to have Lebron added the PG eligibility. However I do not know when that change will go into effect. That rests on the engineers shoulders to implement.

9:19:02 AM
Me

hmm. ok. it just seems silly that the best player in the sport plays a specific position 99% of each game but doesnt have that position listed as an eligible position. im wondering what the debate could possibly be about when discussing whether or not to make the change.

9:23:40 AM
Trevor

I understand. At the end of the day I am not able to make that change. All I can do is pass the feedback along about Lebron, to the engineers responsible for making those changes. I can tell you that we receive contacts daily about Lebron so I would assume a change will be made just do not have time frame for you.

9:25:04 AM
Me

gotcha. ok thanks trevor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:
Just in case anyone else was curious....Here's my conversation with Yahoo customer support. 
 
Trevor

What can I do for you today Mike?

9:16:35 AM
Me

I'm curious as to why LeBron James doesn't have PG status in fantasy basketball? He starts/plays the point guard position EVERY SINGLE GAME. Thanks for any information.

9:17:04 AM
Trevor

So it is actually being talked about to have Lebron added the PG eligibility. However I do not know when that change will go into effect. That rests on the engineers shoulders to implement.

9:19:02 AM
Me

hmm. ok. it just seems silly that the best player in the sport plays a specific position 99% of each game but doesnt have that position listed as an eligible position. im wondering what the debate could possibly be about when discussing whether or not to make the change.

9:23:40 AM
Trevor

I understand. At the end of the day I am not able to make that change. All I can do is pass the feedback along about Lebron, to the engineers responsible for making those changes. I can tell you that we receive contacts daily about Lebron so I would assume a change will be made just do not have time frame for you.

9:25:04 AM
Me

gotcha. ok thanks trevor.

 

I hope you don't talk to all people who work in the service industry like that, that was pretty cringe to read through.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

really? what was so cringe worthy? thought i was to the point (and respectful)

Because you're asking him a follow question to something he has no control over. He told you it's up to the engineers and you're asking about why there is a debate. That doesn't concern him.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiskerFrisker said:

Because you're asking him a follow question to something he has no control over. He told you it's up to the engineers and you're asking about why there is a debate. That doesn't concern him.

not going to fill up this thread with nonsense but i was legitimately curious as to if he knew what the debate is about. only way i could have been more courteous is by offering trevor a blowie which wasn't about to happen. lets just agree to disagree and move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...