NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Victor Oladipo 2019-2020 Outlook

johnval1362

26 minutes ago, 80version said:

2nd round value is out of the question with Indy's current roster comp.  This isn't 2017/18 where the team's next highest scorer is Bojan with 14 ppg.  Owners ought to be happy if he can achieve top-60 post-ASB once he's settled into mins in the high 20's.  His FT% is suspect for a guard and he won't be the only reliable source of scoring this year.  

True, also his value will be tied to his %. He regressed last season in both fg and ft % compared to his 17/18 breakout season.

6 hours ago, 80version said:

2nd round value is out of the question with Indy's current roster comp.  This isn't 2017/18 where the team's next highest scorer is Bojan with 14 ppg.  Owners ought to be happy if he can achieve top-60 post-ASB once he's settled into mins in the high 20's.  His FT% is suspect for a guard and he won't be the only reliable source of scoring this year.  

Theres little reason to think his %s don't have potential to rise to his season 2 years ago. Last years stats were a small sample size and he wasn't all that healthy even when on the court. Small sample size for games played. He was also sharing the court with more of a ball hog in Collison. Brogdon will be a better fit and he's a much more willing/better passer than collison so he could create some space and get dipo some open looks. They won't be able to double team dipo or play extra heavy on him since the other guys can get it done.

I'm not saying he's gonna hit 2nd round value but saying it is his ceiling and saying that's what he's gonna do are 2 different things. His value was also highly tied to his stocks that year and he didn't pull that off last year either. He didn't look right when playing and looked rusty. It's possible he comes back without any rust and really took the time for a complete recovery. I'd predict he puts up around top 50 per game value but him avg 47% fg 78ft% 20 pts 5 rbs 5ast 2 3s 2 steals and .8 blks with 2.5 to isnt out of the question. Probably not going to happen but with so much offensive/defensive help around him, but its possible to expect his better looks and more successful assists to lead to increased efficiency and the defensive pressure to lead to stocks. His points won't be substantial. My main concern is how often they simply just toss the ball to sabonis and let him do his thing. He has a very wide range of ceiling and floor and is still in his prime. I'm not counting my chickens though. 

• Like 1

Victor Oladipo (knee) said his timetable to return is "loose as a goose" and he'll know when he's ready to return.

He said he's just taking it one day at a time and he's doing what's best for his knee. Oladipo has been playing 5-on-5 and said his next step will be to play in games, but he did say it's about playing in the next 15 years. Oladipo does sound like he's getting closer and he's been going through 5-on-5 for weeks now, but he still doesn't have a firm target date.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JrsKars said:

Victor Oladipo (knee) said his timetable to return is "loose as a goose" and he'll know when he's ready to return.

He said he's just taking it one day at a time and he's doing what's best for his knee. Oladipo has been playing 5-on-5 and said his next step will be to play in games, but he did say it's about playing in the next 15 years. Oladipo does sound like he's getting closer and he's been going through 5-on-5 for weeks now, but he still doesn't have a firm target date.

So how long you think he is still out?

2-3 weeks?

On 12/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, JrsKars said:

What does "loose as a goose" even mean? 

Coach Nate McMillan said Victor Oladipo (knee) still has hurdles to clear before playing in games.

"I don’t see him coming back anytime in the near future," McMillan said. Oladipo is going through some full practices, but even Oladipo said that he's going to be very careful on setting a target date. Things can change quickly on when he returns, so he's still worth stashing.

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Coach Nate McMillan said Victor Oladipo (knee) still has hurdles to clear before playing in games.

"I don’t see him coming back anytime in the near future," McMillan said. Oladipo is going through some full practices, but even Oladipo said that he's going to be very careful on setting a target date. Things can change quickly on when he returns, so he's still worth stashing.

Took a risk having dropped him a few weeks ago (due to Hayward's injury) and it's looking like that was the right choice. Maybe I can scoop him up again when the new owner drops him after seeing this news lol