NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Victor Oladipo 2019-2020 Outlook

johnval1362

Dipo will be back. He's essentially my best trade deadline acquisition. What I traded to get him was an end of the bench player who I didn't need to make the playoffs. Will it have cost me a few wins? Maybe but I don't give a f--- it he comes back and delivers top 75 numbers by the playoffs.

Edited by Spyplane

11 minutes ago, brosephd said:

LFG boys! Jan 29. Pacers gonna be looking good for the East.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1214984786982375424?s=20

From that video, he looks nervous. Perhaps he's nervous that he won't be the same or that the recovery didn't happen the way he thought it would. But he's a mentally strong person and a alpha personality. He'll get through it.

Edited by StephonMarburysVaseline

Just now, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

From that video, he looks nervous. Perhaps he's nervous that he won't be the same or that the recovery didn't happen the way he thought it would. But he's mentally strong person and a alpha personality. He'll get through it.

Wow, just wow. Are you a professional at reading body language or something??

Very glad to hear a return target date for Dipo,  Obviously he did not rush back so I have high hopes that he will be the same player he was before the quad injury.

2 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

Wow, just wow. Are you a professional at reading body language or something??

Very glad to hear a return target date for Dipo,  Obviously he did not rush back so I have high hopes that he will be the same player he was before the quad injury.

It's pretty apparent that he's nervous. But the reasons for that were just my own speculations. I hope he's ready to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he won't see more than 22 min for a week or two and will get you 14 4 4 and a steal with 1.5 3s. In about 2 weeks I think he will be fully up to speed and would guess 18 4 5 1.8 3s 1.7 steals, .6 blocks, 74 ft% and I think he is going to surprise a lot of people with good fg% near 47% because of the spacing and talent around him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnval1362 said:

I think he won't see more than 22 min for a week or two and will get you 14 4 4 and a steal with 1.5 3s. In about 2 weeks I think he will be fully up to speed and would guess 18 4 5 1.8 3s 1.7 steals, .6 blocks, 74 ft% and I think he is going to surprise a lot of people with good fg% near 47% because of the spacing and talent around him. 

Why do you estimate his ft% to be so low? 

4 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

Why do you estimate his ft% to be so low? 

His last 3 seasons are .73, .80, .75 so this is in range.

Has anyone seen reports of him as full participant in practice?  I know days off for practice are rare during the season but just curious.  The 29th is approaching.

17 hours ago, pokolo said:

i wonder how his return will effect Brodgon's remaining season out look

Brogdon’s efficiency will be much better. Won’t have to be relied upon as a scorer with the emergence of TJ Warren, Sabonis playing well, and obviously the return of Dipo.

Expect a dip in scoring & uptick everywhere else.