NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Is this a workable trade of picks?

Bandito

I hope this isn't too confusing, but time is of the essence. 

12 team PPR.  Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex.  Minimum of eight keepers.  You can keep more if you give back picks, starting with your first available.  My likely keepers: Rodgers, Barkley, Kerryon, Guice, AB, Woods, Samuel, Ertz.   My current picks: 2.1, 2.3, 2.9, 3.3, 4.8, 5.3, 5.11, 6.3.

Another owner is looking at keeping 10-11 players, meaning he'll have to forego his first 2-3 picks.  He then asked if I'd be interested in his 1.3 and 1.9 (originally he got those from ME! :lol:) since he won't be able to cut down far enough to use them, other than as his 'keeper buybacks'.  He hasn't had any luck trading them for players.  For the record, he and I have a long record of trades we're both happy with, so I want to make a deal that's advantageous to me WITHOUT hosing him.  And I'd like to get something done ASAP before someone else comes in and snipes me.

His current picks are 1.3, 1.9, 3.11, 4.11, 6.11, 7.11, 8.4, 8.11.

Would something along the lines of MY 3.3, 4.8, 5.3, 5.11 and maybe my second rounder in 2020 for HIS 1.3, 1.9, 8.4, 8.11 and, let's say, his 2020 fifth rounder be something that would fly?

I'd end up with 1.3, 1.9, 2.1, 2.3, 2.9, 6.3, 8.4, 8.11 and two fifths next year, but no second.  But I get five picks in the first two rounds.

If he keeps two, he'd burn the 3.3 and 3.11 for keepers, have 4.8, 4.11, 5.3, 5.11, 6.11 and 7.1, along with two seconds next season.  He'd be falling back from 3.11 to 4.8 for his first pick, but it allows him to move his usable draft picks up in rounds 5-7 as well as adding the second 2nd rounder next season.

Sorry for writing a tome.  Thoughts?

Edited by Bandito

Wow, a lot of information. 😜 After looking at it, I would make your offer. This guy obviously has 10 very good players, so him not drafting until later is more than likely okay for him. And no issues of giving up your 2nd rd next year, cause if you have a good team, you wont need to draft that rd anyways. Or you can try to flip a player for  2nd rd pick. Thanks for mine and good luck!!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I’d say go for it of he’s willing, sounds a little collusion-y as an outside observer but you know your league better than we do. Thanks for the help with mine.

So far, since the start of the month, 20 picks have changed hands.  Usually each year at least three teams will hold their entire roster and not draft.  But they'll move earlier round picks for later ones provided there's something in it for them.

• Like 1

Based on your league, it sounds like there is a pretty sharp drop off in talent after the first few picks in the draft based on the few good players that don't get kept.  1.3 is likely a very valuable pick, and I think would be worth making the trade for.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bandito said:

Sorry for writing a tome.  Thoughts?

4fd.gif

I read the book and I'd say... yes. Go for it. I'd love those extra firsts, especially given you don't have them right now.

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

sounds a little collusion-y as an outside observer

That is actually not a bad comment. Your league mates could object to the back and forth trading. I also don't fully understand how your answer to Smeeze resolves that?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That is actually not a bad comment. Your league mates could object to the back and forth trading. I also don't fully understand how your answer to Smeeze resolves that?

Initially, he traded me the 1.9 for Jordan Howard when I went into 'sell' mode last season.  Then I sent it back to him with the 1.3 in a package deal where I ended up getting Ertz and Woods.  So this would be the third time the 1.9 moved, and the second time for the 1.3, but both previous deals also involved players.