Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dallas Goedert 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only way Goedert's situation could get any more perfect is if I benched him.

Play the waivers approves waiver looters post. Now go grab this guy off waivers

Josh Oliver

Full steam ahead. No Jeffrey. No Jackson. Hoodie will likely take Ertz out the game. 85% snaps and great TE1 production on tap.

Edited by nonstopfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrow still pointing up? Definitely a beastly TD last week, 6 - 7 targets seem to be steady. Seems like a top-10 option right now, better than streaming. There's other targets like Griffin and Hollister out there, but wondering how this guy fares considering this offense and receivers seem to be in shambles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Arrow still pointing up? Definitely a beastly TD last week, 6 - 7 targets seem to be steady. Seems like a top-10 option right now, better than streaming. There's other targets like Griffin and Hollister out there, but wondering how this guy fares considering this offense and receivers seem to be in shambles. 

Need a bye TE and this guy stands out for me, but TBH I don't like the fact that Jeffrey will be returning. I think that will drain some of his targets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Arrow still pointing up? Definitely a beastly TD last week, 6 - 7 targets seem to be steady. Seems like a top-10 option right now, better than streaming. There's other targets like Griffin and Hollister out there, but wondering how this guy fares considering this offense and receivers seem to be in shambles. 

I think so. Great schedule down the stretch and his usage has been consistent for weeks now

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Jeffery and Agholor trending in right direction and perhaps will play? 

Lots of places I'm seeing him as TE#6 this week, but to me that seems high.  I would agree like up above Griffin and Hollister seem like they might have more targets and/or slightly higher ceiling.  Are we getting too excited about the TE2 in Philly?  Or is it merely that he's on the field as much as Ertz and has gotten 4-6 targets a game enough for us to trust?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CooL said:

So Jeffery and Agholor trending in right direction and perhaps will play? 

Lots of places I'm seeing him as TE#6 this week, but to me that seems high.  I would agree like up above Griffin and Hollister seem like they might have more targets and/or slightly higher ceiling.  Are we getting too excited about the TE2 in Philly?  Or is it merely that he's on the field as much as Ertz and has gotten 4-6 targets a game enough for us to trust?

 

Agholor sucks and Jeffery is always banged up. Goedert is a must own especially for people with TE issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

He’s the second option in this passing attack and he’s getting a lot of redzone looks. He’s really good too. 

I'm not saying you're wrong by any means, but he doesn't jump out at me. Ertz looks like the far greater talent IMO. But ultimately for fantasy that doesn't matter, and the production has certainly been there. My concern is we see TD regression and he falls back into that Fant, Fells, Gesicki category, particularly once the receivers get healthy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This feels like a situation like when Gronk and Hernandez were on the pats. Except ertz isn’t gronk and goedart isn’t Hernandez. So it’s a situation similar but with obviously less upside. I think if your really scrambling for TE you could do much worst but I would much rather roll the dice on a Hollister or fant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not saying you're wrong by any means, but he doesn't jump out at me. Ertz looks like the far greater talent IMO.

Interesting take about the talent comparison between both TE's by Philadelphia Inquirer during a Preseason write-up. https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-dallas-goedert-zach-ertz-tight-end-blocker-20190805.html

Quote

"There’s no reason to question whether Ertz is among the best active tight ends in professional football. But the more you watch the Eagles practice, and the more you watch second-year tight end Dallas Goedert display his combination of blocking strength and receiving skill, the more another question does arise: Is Zach Ertz the second-best tight end on the Eagles?"

OK, it seems a little premature, but not necessarily. Ertz is a phenomenally talented receiver for his size; an imposing but slippery route-runner; and a favorite of quarterback Carson Wentz. The Eagles often like to use him as a big slot receiver, spread slightly from the offensive line, and good luck to the defensive back or linebacker who gets that assignment. Goedert, however, brings even more physicality to the field, and is a trench warrior when called upon to pass-protect or run-block, neither of which is an Ertz specialty. He’s also got good speed and soft hands, and poses the same problems for defenders.
 

Ironically, at the end of the Eagles and Pats game, Goedert and Ertz ran the same post play in the final minute of the game. Goedert got hit hard and dropped the ball while Ertz got the reception on the very next play. I find it funny because, they literally ran the same route and they looked the same in doing so. You take the number off, you would not know the difference.

 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

My concern is we see TD regression and he falls back into that Fant, Fells, Gesicki category, particularly once the receivers get healthy. 

Great points, but those are the points why Goedert is such an attractive option. Due to the injuries at WR, the Eagles are employing more two TE sets. Sure, that can change, but given the Eagles schedule, Goedert is a great option in the short term.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Could have had a better line if not for that fumble...

 Yeah but this team needs WR help big time as Wentz has regressed to just locking into ertz. Defenses will allow that because it's not an explosive play but a time killing play. Don't think he needs to step up but goedert stunk it up in half PPR but I can't say it was a great week for tight ends...Jared cook looks like the highest scorer FFS

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Ertz heating up and eventually demand more double teams and a favorable schedule on the horizon. I see some positive games for Goedert. 8 targets yesterday was good but he needs to hold on to the ball this is the second time he fumbled carelessly. 

Edited by dynst1988
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dynst1988 said:

With Ertz heating up and eventually demand more double teams and a favorable schedule on the horizon. I see some positive games for Goedert. 8 targets yesterday was good but he needs to hold on to the ball this is the second time he fumbled carelessly. 

Eh I wouldn’t call that a careless fumble. It’s not like he was just running free and someone punched the ball out. I think that was just more of an impressive defensive play then Goedert being careless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Gross line but should be started with confidence at miami? 7 half ppr points would'nt have been terrible without the fumble

 

I'll be starting him but will monitor Alshon's availability. Could open up more space for Goedert or limit him big time. Will have to wait and see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 receptions were nice.  Paltry yards were not.  Fumble is what it was.

His air yards are pretty pathetic when compared to Ertz.  I would have thought with all the WR injuries and inexperience, that the Iggles would take advantage of his athleticism and send him downfield more.  Doesn't appear to be the case.  Somehow though, all the sites still tout this guy as a top 12 play.  I'm getting less enthusiastic about holding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, CooL said:

7 receptions were nice.  Paltry yards were not.  Fumble is what it was.

His air yards are pretty pathetic when compared to Ertz.  I would have thought with all the WR injuries and inexperience, that the Iggles would take advantage of his athleticism and send him downfield more.  Doesn't appear to be the case.  Somehow though, all the sites still tout this guy as a top 12 play.  I'm getting less enthusiastic about holding.

I hope you didn't drop yet bro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...