Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I wouldn't. If that were the case you would think they would be mixing him in more right now. 

Not really. They are splitting the reps enough between Gurley and Brown to need have much need for a 3rd RB. Henderson currently only subs in if either Gurley or Brown are tired. And neither will need much rest with their current split of touches.

I wouldn't expect the Rams to deviate from their current split to lean more heavily on Brown if Gurley were to go down. They would do the same split or probably lean on both more equally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to get in on this as I'm seeing a lot of discussion here and in the Waiver Wire thread that IMO doesn't focus on the important part of the picture here.  To me, the value of Brown is not goal l

Knee bone is connected to the ...you know the rest of that song

1 hour ago, Skip23 said:

Is it okay to drop him? He doesn’t gets enough carries to be able to start.  I don’t believe in handcuffs because they waste a roster spot. I also think Gurley is much less likely to get injured now that his workload has lessened.

I would be really curious to hear who is on your bench and who you’d be dropping him 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of picking up whoever has been a hot pickup. There’s a quote McVay said after Week 2 he might give Gurley 20+ carries certain games and start giving less carries to Brown.  It looks like Brown is becoming more of a possible handcuff.

Edited by Skip23
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

I was thinking of picking up Robinson.  There’s a quote McVay said after Week 2 he might give Gurley 20+ carries certain games and start giving less carries to Brown.  It looks like Brown is becoming more of a handcuff. 

Brown is easily a top 5 handcuff. If you can’t see the value in that or simply don’t believe in handcuffing in general drop away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whips02 said:

We still feel the same going forward? Stash away? Bye weeks have begun...

 

I dropped him. Don't have Gurley. 10 teamer with 5 bench slots, so there's been more interesting players on the waiver wire and it's clear the Rams are trying to limit Gurley in the early portion of the season

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another complete dud. I know Gurley has looked decent, but I really thought they'd be giving Brown more chances to split time.

I think if you don't own Gurley, he's definitely droppable. Bye weeks and injuries are piling up, it's hard to hold onto this guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Another complete dud. I know Gurley has looked decent, but I really thought they'd be giving Brown more chances to split time.

I think if you don't own Gurley, he's definitely droppable. Bye weeks and injuries are piling up, it's hard to hold onto this guy.

Depends how deep your benches are I guess. Still arguably the one of the top cuffs with Mattison

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I can definitely see moving on if it's a shallow league and/or short bench but he's got huge late season upside if Gurley were to miss some games. I'm holding in my deep league although I am disappointed he doesn't have any stand alone flex value to help during byes/injuries(I thought he would)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

Another complete dud. I know Gurley has looked decent, but I really thought they'd be giving Brown more chances to split time.

I think if you don't own Gurley, he's definitely droppable. Bye weeks and injuries are piling up, it's hard to hold onto this guy.

 

I agree.  I'm sorry, but he looks like a complete JAG to me.  I get keeping Gurley fresh but If I were coaching I'd be working Henderson in more.  That kid could add some juice to the backfield.

I don't see Brown as much more than a Gurley handcuff at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

I agree.  I'm sorry, but he looks like a complete JAG to me.  I get keeping Gurley fresh but If I were coaching I'd be working Henderson in more.  That kid could add some juice to the backfield.

I don't see Brown as much more than a Gurley handcuff at this point. 

Yeah, it's not looking good. A guy in my league blew major FAAB on him and he doesn't have Gurley. I guess he was looking for a lottery ticket. At this point it may be one that never gets cashed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s been getting dropped in a few of my leagues. I guess the allure of being the Week 1 waiver wire darling has started to wear off.

My question to his owners is, would you still spend a relatively high waiver claim (let’s say 1-4) to pick him up today? I feel like his intrinsic value is essentially the same as it was back in Week 1 - a valuable handcuff in a high powered offense with a starting RB who may start to see a snap count once the season wears on. The only real difference seems to be that people thought he may have some stand-alone flex value, which doesn’t appear to be the case.

All my leagues are fairly deep (12 team, 8 bench spots) so I definitely would have some room to hold onto him. Just checking to see a month later whether people still think he’s worth that type of high claim priority?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely expected a LITTLE more production out of him...

But I'm keeping him on my bench as a lotto ticket. We all saw what CJA did last year in the FF playoffs. [...] Much like the Cheifs offense....you want any RB in this system. 

A lot can happen to Gurley's knees between now and week 13.

By now, everyone's lineups should be set in terms of starters...so you're just looking for bye fillers and depth....but if your starters don'g go down, then that bench spot is worth a lotto ticket, imo. 

 

I Would be worried if Henderson started getting more involved though.

 

 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDE said:

He’s been getting dropped in a few of my leagues. I guess the allure of being the Week 1 waiver wire darling has started to wear off.

My question to his owners is, would you still spend a relatively high waiver claim (let’s say 1-4) to pick him up today? I feel like his intrinsic value is essentially the same as it was back in Week 1 - a valuable handcuff in a high powered offense with a starting RB who may start to see a snap count once the season wears on. The only real difference seems to be that people thought he may have some stand-alone flex value, which doesn’t appear to be the case.

All my leagues are fairly deep (12 team, 8 bench spots) so I definitely would have some room to hold onto him. Just checking to see a month later whether people still think he’s worth that type of high claim priority?

 

I'm in a deep league and am very thin at RB, so I'm one of those that spent a big chunk of FAAB on him after week 1. The part I bolded is pretty much 100% correct IMO. I expected some standalone value, like bye week or injury flex filler and that didn't happen but his major appeal to me was upside in the event of Gurley missing games. Whether he's worth a high waiver claim, that's team/league dependent I suppose. He was to me, but if you have good RB depth and/or short benches maybe not. 

Edited by owenmills
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...