Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019-20 Sleepers and and Busts


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

Ayton will get ZERO minutes at PF, I don't know where this is coming from. He is one of the few remaining real Centers in the NBA today

 

well the GM said it, "This year we have — from Frank Kaminsky, Dario Saric, Cheick Diallo — we can play Deandre at power forward if we need to with Aron Baynes as our center,” Jones said. “We have a lot of depth at that position.”

then Ayton signed off on it, "Ahh! I heard the word! That's college back all over again. That's my born-and-raised position is the power forward. It's a great look. It's a big lineup too so I'm excited to start if that happens."

so I'll take the over zero minutes at PF. Would be an absolutely horrible move but it's the Suns so totally expecting it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sleepers and Break Out Candidates for Fantasy Basketball in 2019-2020   Here are my initial breakout candidates and sleepers for 2019-2020. D – Dynasty target: Some of these players mig

But with worse FG, almost double the TO and a little over half his STL, other than that, really Otto-like, right?

They've been doing this for the last 4-5 years, and a lot of this is spurred by Gallagher. He gets hyped on every single sleeper, he says you must take him 4-5 rounds higher if you want to get him, an

11 hours ago, n3gative said:

 

well the GM said it, "This year we have — from Frank Kaminsky, Dario Saric, Cheick Diallo — we can play Deandre at power forward if we need to with Aron Baynes as our center,” Jones said. “We have a lot of depth at that position.”

then Ayton signed off on it, "Ahh! I heard the word! That's college back all over again. That's my born-and-raised position is the power forward. It's a great look. It's a big lineup too so I'm excited to start if that happens."

so I'll take the over zero minutes at PF. Would be an absolutely horrible move but it's the Suns so totally expecting it.

I didn't say it'll happen for sure, but Ayton is the centerpiece of Suns future so if he wanna try to play PF I think he'll play PF sometimes..
Definetely too much depth in that position, I'm not so high on Saric
Keep an eye on Diallo, just because is the only player on that group capable to produce in limited minutes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 4:49 AM, LosingEffort said:

I didn't say it'll happen for sure, but Ayton is the centerpiece of Suns future so if he wanna try to play PF I think he'll play PF sometimes..
Definetely too much depth in that position, I'm not so high on Saric
Keep an eye on Diallo, just because is the only player on that group capable to produce in limited minutes 

 

I actually heard they really like Kaminsky...

 

Suns gonna Suns...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here's one that I don't think has been mentioned yet and he's not even listed on ESPN.  Nicolo Melli.  No one is touting anywhere.  I haven't seen or heard his name on any of the podcasts, he's in zero sleeper articles, and he will go undrafted in all but the deepest of leagues (they need to list him first lol).  

 

I would predict he has a pathway to 20+ min a game as the ONLY big on NO that can stretch the floor and shoot the 3.  I don't know what stats might translate for him other than 3's, but if you're in a deep league and need valuable bench players that contribute, I think he can make 2 threes / game and chip in a couple of boards and other random stats.  Maybe top 150 if he hits and gets over 25 min / night, probably sneaks in the top 200 at the least imo.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying these guys are sleepers,  but I expect them to have a way better season than last year.

Gary Harris- so disappointing last year. A lot of people may avoid but he can be last years Gallinari this year.

Draymond Green- took a back seat to several elite players. Those players are gone or hurt I can easily see him averaging close to a triple double this year. Efficiency should be through the roof. 

Dario Saric- I feel he is finally on the right team to produce. He will play the 4 and possibly the 5 when the Suns go small. 

Enes Kanter- Can only go up from here. Got screwed in NY. I can see Brad Stevens using him to his fullest.  Double double monster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Deep League Alert 

 

Devonte Graham.  Only played 14 min / night.  Good assist to TO ratio, makes the right plays, low usage so FG % won't hurt you, shot 3 well in college (41%), shot 33% this Summer League on 8 attempts / game, so there's room for growth there - and he did make 0.7 last year so over 1 / game is very realistic in more minutes or improved %.  

 

In 20 min / night this year I can see something like 7-8 points, 4-5 assists, 1 three, 1 steal, maybe 1 TO.  Totally worth it in deep leagues if you're hunting for assists late and the DJ Augustin's and Tyus Jones of the world are gone.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Deep League Alert 

 

Devonte Graham.  Only played 14 min / night.  Good assist to TO ratio, makes the right plays, low usage so FG % won't hurt you, shot 3 well in college (41%), shot 33% this Summer League on 8 attempts / game, so there's room for growth there - and he did make 0.7 last year so over 1 / game is very realistic in more minutes or improved %.  

 

In 20 min / night this year I can see something like 7-8 points, 4-5 assists, 1 three, 1 steal, maybe 1 TO.  Totally worth it in deep leagues if you're hunting for assists late and the DJ Augustin's and Tyus Jones of the world are gone.  

Best pg on that roster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

What's his NBA position?

just won summer league mvp, and ppl are high on him. didnt' even get drafted. i was about to, but I thought he was only really good for blocks. Seems to have an all around game and ppl believe he may carve out a bigger role as the season goes on. Seems to have good bball iq

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gorgeous George said:

So he'll be behind JJJ and Crowder?

I like him a lot, but touting him as Summer League MVP is worthless.  Remember 2 time summer league MVP Josh Selby?

What's the point in the grizzlies playing Crowder? He should be on the trade block. The big question is whether Clarke gets minutes at the 3, he'll definitely back up the 4 and hopefully they play him with jjj at the 5

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

So he'll be behind JJJ and Crowder?

I like him a lot, but touting him as Summer League MVP is worthless.  Remember 2 time summer league MVP Josh Selby?

lol Selbys PER in college 11.7. the final year for clarke was 37.2 and he also avgd 3.2bpg. i just checked Anthony davis's 4.7bpg per was 35.1. don't sleep on good work ethic, bball iq. coach will be able to slot him in if this is the case

he can share the floor with JJJ i am pretty sure.  especially over the likes of jae crowder lol. the coach has already committed to the young morant jjj and why not clarke?

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a-rob said:

Add Taurean Prince to sleepers list. he has been the talk of the Nets camp of how good his shooting has been. Clear path to starter minutes. Can average 15ppg with 2+ 3pm without hurting you anywhere. Otto-like numbers that can be acquired very late if people sleep on him

 But with worse FG, almost double the TO and a little over half his STL, other than that, really Otto-like, right?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

 But with worse FG, almost double the TO and a little over half his STL, other than that, really Otto-like, right?

The steals & FG definitely make Otto unique. Better comp would be to Josh Richardson with less assts.

The hope is that with Kyrie & Levert as playmakers and multiple shooting threats he'll be able to up that FG%.

Projecting 14/5/2, 2.2 3s, 1.1 stl, 0.5 Blk on 45% / 84%

If he hits that then he's definitely worth drafting, top 80 upside and he's often going undrafted

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chaiway said:

The steals & FG definitely make Otto unique. Better comp would be to Josh Richardson with less assts.

The hope is that with Kyrie & Levert as playmakers and multiple shooting threats he'll be able to up that FG%.

Projecting 14/5/2, 2.2 3s, 1.1 stl, 0.5 Blk on 45% / 84%

If he hits that then he's definitely worth drafting, top 80 upside and he's often going undrafted

 

People will s--- on you for the OPJ comparison, but I agree with the projections for the most part. Hopefully Prince realizes that this season is his last shot at showcasing himself as a starting talent in the NBA and he capitalizes on it. Opportunity in any fantasy sport is key.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to throw a name out of left field.. Justin Anderson.

When the Mavs first drafted him I was really intrigued. I started doing deep deep research into him as a prospect. He's got a lot of tantalizing physical tools, he would come into games and have some monster put back dunks and blocks, but he's never seemed to able to get his jumper right. He had a slight shoulder hitch where he pocketed it and pushed forward and it resulted in a lot of misses and a low arc.

I have memories of him getting a ton of open jumpshots on the Mavs and just bricking time and again..

I've been watching him in some Rico Hines runs over the past week and his jumper looks really really smooth.. he's still only 25 and today he was starting for the Wizards at SF. 

Not a great line today against the Knicks, but he got 19 minutes as the starter, 9 points, 3 boards, 1 assist and 2 3's. He's someone I'm closely monitoring. This Wizards roster is so barebones, he could really carve out some value if he gets a 25 mpg starter role nightly. He has sneaky 1 / 1 / 1 potential and you can get him in the last round, essentially someone who could replicate a Miles Bridges type line with perhaps worse FG%. But he'd really need to have a remarkable turnaround in the shooting department, given his age and the fact he hasn't gotten a chance for a few years now, the opportunity is ripe for him to showcase.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 11:55 AM, a-rob said:

Add Taurean Prince to sleepers list. he has been the talk of the Nets camp of how good his shooting has been. Clear path to starter minutes. Can average 15ppg with 2+ 3pm without hurting you anywhere. Otto-like numbers that can be acquired very late if people sleep on him

 

It's funny I'm getting him like 12th round in mocks and I'm just laughing. Guys are picking no names or rookies, and here I have a stable player who could get you top 80-90 value with a very strong all around line and because it's ho-hum he's dropping. I'll easily take a stable role end of the bench guy who contributes, that's how you get a solid winning roster composition while other people carousel their 3 bench spots looking for the right pickup to turn out.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...