NBC Sports EDGE Forums

John Brown 2019 Outlook

wendellrott

25 minutes ago, altmin said:

And appears to be his ceiling as well.

I almost sat him this week because I didn't think there'd be enough volume. And this game basically unfolded how I thought it would. Haskins isn't NFL ready and Redskins run defense is like bottom 3 in the league, setting up for a Buffalo defense and RB day. There was almost no reason for them to need to pass this game.

Undoubtedly better days ahead.

Edited by street sharks

• 2 weeks later...

Projection: 17 pts (0.5 PPR)

Research: During the Wednesday weekly press conference, Bills head coach Sean McDermott was asked about the offensive play calling and in specific the run to pass ratio, which the team has been criticized about as of late for being too pass heavy. During their Week 10 loss against the Browns, the Bills threw the ball on 41 of their 62 plays, which equates to 66% of the time. However, the head coach responded by saying “it comes down to winning games, so if we have to throw it 100 times to win that game, then that is what I want us to do”. Based on that response, it does not appear that John Brown fantasy owners should worry about the Bills caving into the outside pressure of running the ball more this week against the Dolphins. The Dolphins are ranked 19th against the pass and should be a favorable matchup for John Brown, who had 11 targets last week against the Browns. Expect Brown to have a productive game in the WR1 category range.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

his floor this year has been 4 catches and 50 yards. He’s reached that every game. 9 pts ppr minimum is every week start. Flirting with top end WR2 numbers. Probably only 12-14 WRs I would take over him.

I know and I've been starting him all year but his schedule has been cake. Denver, dallas, Baltimore, Pitt, NE. Yikes

Not saying you shouldn't start him but just make sure you have other options just in case. 

Just now, yanksman said:

I know and I've been starting him all year but his schedule has been cake. Denver, dallas, Baltimore, Pitt, NE. Yikes

Not saying you shouldn't start him but just make sure you have other options just in case. 

hopefully game script will help

Cousins just threw all over Denver. 

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

yeah schedule isn’t good but all of those look like pass friendly (at worst neutral) game flows at least. He was under the radar to begin the year but he’s a weekly start for me. I can’t possibly bench him for anyone else, matchups be damned haha

1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

Smokey,

I've always believed in you. I owned you in fantasy when you were with the Cardinals, the Ravens and now the Bills. I believe in you. Keep ballin'...you are the man.

Yep, nice to see him stay healthy and shine consistently finally.  Always had moments in other spots but it was always something or another preventing him from shining, whether QB situation or health.  Hope he can keep it up because he's the man.

people need to pump the brakes. 2 0ut of 3 of his highest scoring games of the season have been against Miami and the other the jets. He has only scored more than 20pts in a week in 2 of those games. He is a nice flex but not a plug and play wr1 on a Bills team focused onclock killing and runnning and letting their defense dominate.

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

people need to pump the brakes. 2 0ut of 3 of his highest scoring games of the season have been against Miami and the other the jets. He has only scored more than 20pts in a week in 2 of those games. He is a nice flex but not a plug and play wr1 on a Bills team focused onclock killing and runnning and letting their defense dominate.

#14 WR overall in my 1/2 ppr league, not bad for a round 12 pick, but you do you.

Edited by altmin