NBC Sports Edge Forums

Did the 3rd Round Blunder Kill Me? WHIR

Well.. so I took some big chances in my draft.... and I messed up in the 3rd round I took the wrong player and even worse the player I took was Melvin Gordon who will mostly not play at all....Anyways if you can rate my team on a scale 1 - 10 that'd be appreciated...

8 Team 1pt Full PPR 4pt QB Tds (I had 6th pick for reference)

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Ezekiel Elliot (Confident he'll play if he doesn't he's not eligible for FA)
RB: Todd Gurley
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: DJ Moore
TE: Travis Kelce
Flex: Chris Carson
DEF: Vikings

Bench:

RB Josh Jacobs
RB Melvin Gordon
RB Austin Ekler
 WR DeSean Jackson
WR Marvin Jones
WR Josh Gordon

I WAS going for Kerryon Johnson when I made that Melvin Gordon pick... I did NOT mean to take him... just for FYI So if you could rate my team 1 - 10, and also did I screw myself with that Melvin Gordon pick? I feel like I may have. WHIR

Edited by Jlec93

I don't think you screwed yourself. You made up for it by drafting Ekeler with Gordon. 

If I were you i'd try to trade either Gurley or Ekeler and Gordon for a better WR1 option like Evans or AB.

Also i'd try and get a backup quarterback off waivers because of injury concerns with Wentz

8/10. Thanks for the help on mine

I think it's a solid team. In a full point PPR with 3 WR slots I'd be a little concerned with your WRs though. Probably would've felt more comfortable with one instead of Gurley since you have so much RB depth.

Having Gordon/Ekeler is fine with me. Josh Gordon was a great pick late. Just lacking a true WR1 in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Jlec93 said:

and I messed up in the 3rd round I took the wrong player and even worse the player I took was Melvin Gordon who will mostly not play at all....

1 bad draft pick can't kill your season. Draft is maybe 25% of the season, and a 3rd round for a guy who if he plays is an outright stud sounds absolutely fair to me.

It looks like a solid team, and if the Gordon pick pays off you'll look like a genius. No complaints.