Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook


AirForceOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, phisouza33 said:

Than why tell us about your Wednesday evening roster move? 

 

Why not? It adds perspective to the conversation that he's replacing a starting WR projected to get 12 points providing nothing changes.

Why would it makes more sense to post if I said I refused to change things even if something about one of their situations changes?  Or if I said, I'm making no changes until the very last second on Sunday? Your question makes no sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Or you could just wait until Sunday and see how the week goes? 

 

Does this actually help you to use the strategy of never making any roster line-up changes until Sunday morning? To each his own I guess. Frankly, I just don't see any advantage in waiting to move players around unless maybe you're trying to keep your opponent guessing? Is that it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

 

Does this actually help you to use the strategy of never making any roster line-up changes until Sunday morning? To each his own I guess. Frankly, I just don't see any advantage in waiting to move players around unless maybe you're trying to keep your opponent guessing? Is that it?

Well you might be waiting to see gameday inactives...

Also some leagues charge a small fee for every transaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

When Hunt was kicked off the team last year, Ware immediately stepped in and put up points. When Ware got Hurt Damien Williams immediately stepped in and put up points. When McCoy and Damien Williams were hurt last week, guess what, Darrel Williams immediately stepped in and put up points. It's not complicated. Don't overcomplicate it. You want part of this offense. Darrel is a lottery ticket that can pay off with a championship. If you have any space whatsoever on your team, you roster him - especially if you had Saquon or any RB that is currently struggling. McCoy and Damien are already banged up. Perhaps, most importantly, Reid trusted Darrel on 3rd and 9 with the game on the line. That speaks volumes, people.

 

Might be all true.

But I keep asking myself....If they trusted Darrell so much, why did they go out and get McCoy in the first place?  Seems to me they were in pretty good shape with Damien, Darrell and Darwin.

Either way though, I agree that Darrell looks good.  The guy is a man child out there and has shown he's capable of playing all 3 downs.  He's probably much more of the Chiefs future than McCoy is.

I guess I'd never make it as a coach in the NFL.  There are plenty of guys I see out there and constantly wonder why they don't get more opportunities.  I look at the Chiefs...They'd rather screw around with a 31 year old has been in McCoy and a career backup in Damien Williams than give two promising youngsters in Darrell and Darwin more chances.  I mean, those two could be like thunder and lightening out there if you ask me. 

All that said though, I still feel like Darrell will probably get tossed back into the third spot in the rotation when Damien is healthy.  It's pretty obvious Reid has a man crush on McCoy.  Darrell's only chance could be unseating Damien for the passing down/COP role which maybe could happen.  But most likely Damien goes back into that role or Damien and Darrell split the role.

It's just going to be a weekly dart throw trying to guess which guy to play IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

 

Might be all true.

But I keep asking myself....If they trusted Darrell so much, why did they go out and get McCoy in the first place?  Seems to me they were in pretty good shape with Damien, Darrell and Darwin.

Either way though, I agree that Darrell looks good.  The guy is a man child out there and has shown he's capable of playing all 3 downs.  He's probably much more of the Chiefs future than McCoy is.

I guess I'd never make it as a coach in the NFL.  There are plenty of guys I see out there and constantly wonder why they don't get more opportunities.  I look at the Chiefs...They'd rather screw around with a 31 year old has been in McCoy and a career backup in Damien Williams than give two promising youngsters in Darrell and Darwin more chances.  I mean, those two could be like thunder and lightening out there if you ask me. 

All that said though, I still feel like Darrell will probably get tossed back into the third spot in the rotation when Damien is healthy.  It's pretty obvious Reid has a man crush on McCoy.  Darrell's only chance could be unseating Damien for the passing down/COP role which maybe could happen.  But most likely Damien goes back into that role or Damien and Darrell split the role.

It's just going to be a weekly dart throw trying to guess which guy to play IMO.

 

Given the emphasis on compensatory picks, the Chiefs' signing of Carlos Hyde kind of set them up for the McCoy signing.  Hyde, having been cut by JAX, wouldn't count in the +/- tally in an attempt to gain a compensatory pick - if they were aiming for one.  Basically, they could worry about other FA signings that would count in the +/- tally without having one additional signing.  When Hyde was cut, if they wanted to add a player, well, there wasn't a lot to choose from.  McCoy was by far the best of the bunch.

I don't mean to say McCoy isn't good or is inadequate - just guessing on how the Chiefs' strategy led to the McCoy signing.

I also think that you might be putting too much weight on Damien, Darrel and Darwin.  We don't really know if Darwin is good or not - maybe the Chiefs do, but we have virtually nothing to work with.  The Chiefs have had more time with Darrel to know if he has some talent, but not a lot of in-game time to make that assessment.  Damien has a five-game stretch of success to his name.  That's it.  For a team with Super Bowl aspirations now, there's an element of risk there.

No surprise they would add depth when the opportunity presented itself.

Edited by rschroeder1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Just dropped Burkhead for him. I want a piece of this offense one way or another, especially with Damien trending down, and McCoy banged up. I'm tempted to start him, anyone else?

Starting him over Aaron Jones at the moment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Just dropped Burkhead for him. I want a piece of this offense one way or another, especially with Damien trending down, and McCoy banged up. I'm tempted to start him, anyone else?

 

Starting him over Royce Freeman.It sounds like Damien won't play, and McCoy can't handle a full workload.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Just dropped Burkhead for him. I want a piece of this offense one way or another, especially with Damien trending down, and McCoy banged up. I'm tempted to start him, anyone else?

no way, Williams is a solid add, but Burkhead is a great guy to have on your roster

A) he gets alot of work already

b) there is a good chance with Develin out, Burkhead continues to get more and more of Michel's work (as evidenced by last week)

c) hes the direct handcuff to both white and michel 

d) with Edelman always banged up, Brown gone, Gordon banged up a little bit, Burkhead and White will both be on the field alot

e) Patriots offense is more complete with Michel on the sideline

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

no way, Williams is a solid add, but Burkhead is a great guy to have on your roster

A) he gets alot of work already

b) there is a good chance with Develin out, Burkhead continues to get more and more of Michel's work (as evidenced by last week)

c) hes the direct handcuff to both white and michel 

d) with Edelman always banged up, Brown gone, Gordon banged up a little bit, Burkhead and White will both be on the field alot

e) Patriots offense is more complete with Michel on the sideline

Burkhead is great if he stays healthy and he hasn't been for most of his carreer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...