NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

AirForceOne

This dude has the vibes of a league winner. Why do I think so? It's just a gut feeling. Maybe because his name is so random that many don't even know that there's another D Williams in the KC backfield. I luv it!

The 2 guys in front of him are already dinged up, while the rookie has made too many mistakes in limited playing time and is clearly behind. Best offense in the league. Darrel has proven he can catch, has good power/size for short yardage and is a great pass protector. I'm all in!

• Like 2

I'm not saying there's nothing to see here, but he's a very ordinary talent. Only way he becomes a league winner is if both DWill and McCoy are out come fantasy playoffs. Ran a plus 4.7 40 and was the third best RB on his team in college. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm not saying there's nothing to see here, but he's a very ordinary talent. Only way he becomes a league winner is if both DWill and McCoy are out come fantasy playoffs. Ran a plus 4.7 40 and was the third best RB on his team in college. 

3rd best behind Fournette and Guice.

He ran a 4.7 40 but was clocked at 21 MPH on Sunday v Baltimore. He is also 5'11" 225 lbs. So he is moving some size on that formidable frame at that speed.

There is lots to see here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

He ran a 4.7 40 but was clocked at 21 MPH on Sunday v Baltimore. He is also 5'11" 225 lbs. So he is moving some size on that formidable frame at that speed.

Yeah, I was going to say watch his long run vs Baltimore and tell me the dude doesn’t have wheels. It’s all the more scary w that frame and power.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

But like, there's a reason he's buried on the chart right?

Damien needed to start hot and stay hot to have a lock on the job. Shady is the reason currently that I myself am still on the fence. Honestly, I definitely thought Darwin would get some run though and maybe he still will. This backfield is a mess and everyone knows it. Way too much potential to leave alone though if one guy stays healthy and gets a majority of the snaps.

19 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

0-60 speed doesn't matter as much as the torque (burst)...

This cat definitely has the burst.

• Like 1

He looks great, did a nice job in pass protection and looked very fluid running routes of the backfield, and I anticipate him having stand alone flex value in ppr. The league winner talk is a little premature, I am stoked to own him, but shady has looked great and until he’s unable to play is clearly the guy. 

All I see is every poster in this thread building up excitement and trying to convince themselves they have the ultimate league winner.

This is how fantasy players loose their games.  By getting cute and starting players based on their gut feeling inspired by self built up emotions.

Lets take off the pink glasses and see it for what it is.  We dont have any factual data or scenarios to work off to jump to conclusions.  Give time for player to emerge. 

With that said, start him as a boom or bust type :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

All I see is every poster in this thread building up excitement and trying to convince themselves they have the ultimate league winner.

This is how fantasy players loose their games.  By getting cute and starting players based on their gut feeling inspired by self built up emotions.

Lets take off the pink glasses and see it for what it is.  We dont have any factual data or scenarios to work off to jump to conclusions.  Give time for player to emerge. 

With that said, start him as a boom or bust type :)

I think he’s locked into 8-10 touches and obviously if shady aggravates his injury could be quite a bit more work. One thing I’m slightly concerned about is if the Chiefs roll on the Lions the game script might not be ideal. It looks like based on a very small sample he’s their 3rd down/COP/2 minute drill guy and if they get up big and quickly he might not see a lot of work.