NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

AirForceOne

12 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Damian Williams got hurt and Shady's fumbling woes continue. The bye week will probably stop the hype train from hitting full stride but this guy should get scooped up once again as a wait and see approach if you have the roster space

He's not going to overtake Damien or Shady on the depth chart without injuries. He needs extended injuries to one or both of them to be a fantasy asset.

23 minutes ago, munde53 said:

He's not going to overtake Damien or Shady on the depth chart without injuries. He needs extended injuries to one or both of them to be a fantasy asset.

I dont think any Chiefs RB will be a fantasy asset this season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Any news on workload moving forward?  

news seems to get cut off during bye weeks.  likely wont learn anything until a fews days before week 13 matchup.  

Darrel appears to be capable to handle a full workload, so I don't understand why they wouldn't just rest veteran and Fumblitis victim McCoy, and their "starting RB" Damien, and let Darrel put his skills on display for a 1 game.  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

news seems to get cut off during bye weeks.  likely wont learn anything until a fews days before week 13 matchup.  

Darrel appears to be capable to handle a full workload, so I don't understand why they wouldn't just rest veteran and Fumblitis victim McCoy, and their "starting RB" Damien, and let Darrel put his skills on display for a 1 game.  

Yeah, easy pickup late week. Only 6% owned in Yahoo. Maybe we will hear something by the weekend.

11 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Dropped Armstead this morning for a Darrel flyer. If Damien misses time I feel Darrel will benefit the most. Worst case, he's dropped going into playoffs. Best case, we have a flex ready for a championship run.

Hope your not a Fournette owner.  

Elijah McGuire is probable not actually going to play.  But he will provide some depth.  Right now Reid has a broken Damien Williams, a fumbling McCoy, dependable Darrell Williams, not ready for prime time Darwin Thompson, and very little else.

17 minutes ago, Deke said:

Chiefs want to limit McCoy’s reps, so as a Damien and Darrel owner, I prefer Damien to be out. Darrel will out touch McCoy 

Full disclosure I am a shady owner. However, last game they seemed to prefer McCoy until mahommes threw a hospital ball that gave him a concussion (or whatever). After that Williams took over. Am I wrong, watch most of the game since I own Kelce.

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Full disclosure I am a shady owner. However, last game they seemed to prefer McCoy until mahommes threw a hospital ball that gave him a concussion (or whatever). After that Williams took over. Am I wrong, watch most of the game since I own Kelce.

Somewhat but take into account he also fumbled on that same play which is what had him inactive the week prior. He may possibly be banged up and coaches probably don’t fully trust him with his fumbling issues.