NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

AirForceOne

Darrel is their most complete back. I don't care what anyone says.

Hits the hold hard and physical. Can also catch Mahomes bullet passes like Hunt used to. Can wear the defense down to kill the clock. And their best blocker.

Every game he has paired with only McCoy, he has pounded a TD.

Hope he gets a chance.

Edited by austin316

11 hours ago, austin316 said:

Darrel is their most complete back. I don't care what anyone says.

Hits the hold hard and physical. Can also catch Mahomes bullet passes like Hunt used to. Can wear the defense down to kill the clock. And their best blocker.

Every game he has paired with only McCoy, he has pounded a TD.

Hope he gets a chance.

Jack of all trades but master of none. McCoy and Damien are better runners and Damien is probably a better receiver. The only edge Darrel seems to have is in pass pro which is why he's still used even when the other two are healthy. 

If Damien is out Darrel has midrange RB2 upside but zero floor. If McCoy is out then Darrel is zero floor and low ceiling. If both are playing he's useless and if both are out he's a plug and play RB2.

1 minute ago, munde53 said:

Jack of all trades but master of none. McCoy and Damien are better runners and Damien is probably a better receiver. The only edge Darrel seems to have is in pass pro which is why he's still used even when the other two are healthy. 

If Damien is out Darrel has midrange RB2 upside but zero floor. If McCoy is out then Darrel is zero floor and low ceiling. If both are playing he's useless and if both are out he's a plug and play RB2.

If Damien is out, is Darrell a better play than McCoy?

I’m a Damien and McCoy owner. Darrel is still on the WW and I’m awaiting news on Damien.

McCoy wasn’t in the concussion protocol, so I would think he plays and I can’t start both McCoy and Darrel (I probably wouldn’t start either). I owned Darrel earlier in the year, and benefited from the games he played.

This KC backfield has taken up too much roster space this year.

Edited by Heizz

18 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Reid clarified on Monday that was incorrect information, and McCoy isn’t in concussion protocol.

Unless he’s lying or something happens at practice this week, LeSean will be playing.

He said McCoy wasn't in the protocol, but he obviously did get hurt. Not sure what the injury was, but whatever it was could keep him out this week as well. 

7 minutes ago, jccouger said:

He said McCoy wasn't in the protocol, but he obviously did get hurt. Not sure what the injury was, but whatever it was could keep him out this week as well. 

I think it’s safe to say either one or both of Damieb/Mccoy are injured and likely out this week or more since they just signed Mcguire to the practice squad. That is always the biggest clues to injuries when teams sign players

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atdharris said:

I suppose it may be worth a flier to pick up Darrell over someone like Rashaad Penny in case Damien is out for multiple weeks. 

I think he’s the sneakiest and definitely cheapest pickup of the week while most people are burning claims and faab on Penny/Snell/Mccoy.

1 hour ago, Silkk1211 said:

I think he’s the sneakiest and definitely cheapest pickup of the week while most people are burning claims and faab on Penny/Snell/Mccoy.

I adore sneaky and cheap FA pickups.  Perhaps a little too much.  But Darrell may be a good one this week v. Oakland.

10 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

For McCoy, last game McCoy was getting the majority of touches before mahommes threw a hospital ball injuring McCoy. I think it is McCoy that gets more run with this news as long as he is 100%.

Every time that Damian has missed, Darrell has been a top-20 option...

Also, Raiders are getting BLASTED by receiving backs...just check out the game logs. Chiefs are favored by -10 at home...with a 52 over under...do the math. Darrell is an excellent start this weekend. McCoy is one fumble away from banishment. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1