NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

AirForceOne

Picked him up. The Darwin Thompson hype train needs to shift to here, logically speaking. If people were hyped for him, why not this guy? Because Darrell hasn't taken his shirt off?

He got the chance and really rewarded Reid with really important plays. Super easy to see Damian Williams Wally pipped since he can't stay on the field.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Picked him up. The Darwin Thompson hype train needs to shift to here, logically speaking. If people were hyped for him, why not this guy? Because Darrell hasn't taken his shirt off?

He got the chance and really rewarded Reid with really important plays. Super easy to see Damian Williams Wally pipped since he can't stay on the field.

I am here... but the candles are shorter... Shady played well.

::peeks in::

hello?

so, we gathering up in here after deboarding the Darwinian Diesel like a buncha hobos?

meh. 

a career special teams ham n' egger, eh?  look, i s'pose this offense could facilitate me snaggin' a c-note and a tug, but - jury's out for now  

will reconvene after waiver run this evening - i need a piece of the S.S. 'Homie, especially wif my 'Reek on ice. 

🤔

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

::peeks in::

hello?

so, we gathering up in here after deboarding the Darwinian Diesel like a buncha hobos?

meh. 

a career special teams ham n' egger, eh?  look, i s'pose this offense could facilitate me snaggin' a c-note and a tug, but - jury's out for now  

will reconvene after waiver run this evening - i need a piece of the S.S. 'Homie, especially wif my 'Reek on ice. 

🤔

Hello there...fancy meeting you here AGAIN

• Haha 2

I don't see any possibility of a healthy McCoy standing on the sidelines while Darrel is in a bellcow role.  That's just laughable.

I do think that Darrel may be able to take Damien's role, but if that happens I would expect McCoy to be getting like 70% of the work in the backfield.  I don't see McCoy splitting work evenly with Darrel Williams.  This is a Hall of Fame running back vs. a guy we all thought was the 4th string RB a week ago.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I don't see any possibility of a healthy McCoy standing on the sidelines while Darrel is in a bellcow role.  That's just laughable.

I do think that Darrel may be able to take Damien's role, but if that happens I would expect McCoy to be getting like 70% of the work in the backfield.  I don't see McCoy splitting work evenly with Darrel Williams.  This is a Hall of Fame running back vs. a guy we all thought was the 4th string RB a week ago.

You own McCoy, we get it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Week 3 Chiefs snap %

Darrel Williams: 54%

Lesean McCoy: 38%

Darwin Thompson: 7%

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

If McCoy was fully healthy and five years younger than he currently is, I would agree with your take 60% of the time, every time.

• Haha 1

I agree that a healthy McCoy is the primary back on this team. There’s a good chance that he doesn’t have many healthy weeks this season though. Darrel has a lot of upside if he overtakes Damien, which he may already have. 

53 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If McCoy was fully healthy and five years younger than he currently is, I would agree with your take 60% of the time, every time.

My comment was based upon McCoy being fully healthy.  Obviously if he is hurt then someone will play over him.

As for the 5 years younger, I'll just say this.  In the last decade, no RB has ever been able to take a starting job from McCoy.  Yes he is older but he is still effective.  What basis do we think Darrel Williams will be the guy to jump him?  Because he looked good in the 4th quarter against a tired defense, in a game that KC had a big lead?

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

My comment was based upon McCoy being fully healthy.  Obviously if he is hurt then someone will play over him.

As for the 5 years younger, I'll just say this.  In the last decade, no RB has ever been able to take a starting job from McCoy.  Yes he is older but he is still effective.  What basis do we think Darrel Williams will be the guy to jump him?  Because he looked good in the 4th quarter against a tired defense, in a game that KC had a big lead?

no but your initial assumption that McCoy stays fully healthy is optimistic at best, he has shown signs the last couple years of wear and tear, and has already injured and then re-tweaked his ankle so that's about all the basis I need to take a flier on a potential heavy usage RB that plays with Patrick Mahomes and is schemed to success by Andy Reid. 

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

no but your initial assumption that McCoy stays fully healthy is optimistic at best, he has shown signs the last couple years of wear and tear, and has already injured and then re-tweaked his ankle so that's about all the basis I need to take a flier on a potential heavy usage RB that plays with Patrick Mahomes and is schemed to success by Andy Reid. 

And this is totally fair.  If you believe McCoy won't survive the season, then you should absolutely picking up Damien, Darrel, and Darwin.  I'm just saying this - McCoy has a sprained ankle, and it's not even a high ankle sprain.  NFL players play on that all the time.  Mixon just had one and he not only played, but he was off the injury report the following week.  Another week of rehab should put McCoy in better shape than he was in on Sunday.