Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Oluwadare "Dare" Ogunbowale 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, whoopsie said:

What I take from this is not that Dare is good but that Jones and Barber are so bad they need this guy, who's been bouncing around the league for awhile, to help them out. The TB running game is going to be so bad.

 The upside definitely isn't great but the risk is extremely low because he's probably free (in fact I may not even consider him except for deeper leagues since his upside does seem fairly bleak). He doesn't seem like any sort of special talent but it doesn't take much to look better than Barber last year and the hope he gets dump off passes underneath is probably more attractive than any potential carries. Arian's squeezed some decent numbers out of Ellington so maybe there is an outside shot he can do similar with this dude. 

Edited by Jaw1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At this moment, Mr. Ogunbowale is looking like the #3 RB in what may be the least inspiring backfield in recent memory.  "Dare" is an UDFA out of Wisconsin who spent his rookie year playing special te

I'm a Wisconsin Badger fan, so I've followed this guy's career. He's one of those players who has over-achieved at every level and definitely someone you root for. He walked on at Wisconsin as a corne

I really don't understand why the #3 running back on Tampa Bay has been getting added en masse all week

On 8/27/2019 at 9:06 PM, pushaZ said:

I say he gets more fantasy points than Barber and Jones combined for a rock solid RB32 finish

 

He got 8 carries in a game where you generally only give 8 carries to borderline roster players. He managed 9 yards on those carries. Not to mention being fairly ineffective in the other games. Granted the Oline isn't good and hasn't given Jones/Barber much more but all I hear from Arians is that it is between Jones/Barber. 

We do hear some noise from beat reporters that seem to love Dare, but the guy's averaged like 2 yards per carry in the preseason. Not sure Jones/barber are any good but what have we seen from Dare that suggests he sucks less? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

 

He got 8 carries in a game where you generally only give 8 carries to borderline roster players. He managed 9 yards on those carries. Not to mention being fairly ineffective in the other games. Granted the Oline isn't good and hasn't given Jones/Barber much more but all I hear from Arians is that it is between Jones/Barber. 

We do hear some noise from beat reporters that seem to love Dare, but the guy's averaged like 2 yards per carry in the preseason. Not sure Jones/barber are any good but what have we seen from Dare that suggests he sucks less? 

Yeah already changed my mind he sucks lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

TB's defense is pretty shoddy, playing NO, ATL, & CAR I can see a lot of passing going on

OGBEWAN could be a decent PPR flex play

I think Ellington is going to end up being their 3rd down back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

I really don't understand why the #3 running back on Tampa Bay has been getting added en masse all week

Nor do I. It isn't even an appealing backfield to begin with. At least Barber is a value in the 110-120 pick range. But the others are shots in the dark in very deep leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, devaster said:

Nor do I. It isn't even an appealing backfield to begin with. At least Barber is a value in the 110-120 pick range. But the others are shots in the dark in very deep leagues.

Lol, agreed. I have Barber and Jones rostered and I hate it. I’m just hoping one of them turns out to give me a flex option or bye week filler. In PPR though, Dare could have value if the rumors are true about him taking over 3rd down duties.

Edited by FitzMagic
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Lol, agreed. I have Barber and Jones rostered and I hate it. I’m just hoping one of them turns out to give me a flex option or bye week filler. In PPR though, Dare could have value if the rumors are true about him taking over 3rd down duties.

Considering his work in the 4th preseason game I think he is more likely to be cut or at least behind Ellington.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

True dat, but Bruce just about or did more in one night then the rest of the Tampa backs have done all pre-season, but yes against scrubs.  My take is Ellington is the odd man out.  I'm a Bruce believer, if you couldn't tell.

PD

 

Rushing yards in the pre-season are generally  meaningless. Rushing  yards in the 2nd half of the final pre-season game are usually the last rushing yards these players ever accumulate in their careers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, devaster said:

Nor do I. It isn't even an appealing backfield to begin with. At least Barber is a value in the 110-120 pick range. But the others are shots in the dark in very deep leagues.

 

That's really it. I'm considering adding him at the end of my bench in one league, but it is a very deep league where you have to stash long shots and hope for lightning in a bottle. And my RBs are weak. He should probably be on the wire in most standard leagues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, miasma16 said:

I really don't understand why the #3 running back on Tampa Bay has been getting added en masse all week

He's not the #3 back. He's the 3rd down back. Which means he's on the field. Two average to below average RBs to compete with. On a team with a poor oline that has to pass a lot. If you don't think that is enough to warrant a late round pick or free agent add I don't know what to tell you. He's a solid dart throw to see how things play out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yanksman said:

He's not the #3 back. He's the 3rd down back. Which means he's on the field. Two average to below average RBs to compete with. On a team with a poor oline that has to pass a lot. If you don't think that is enough to warrant a late round pick or free agent add I don't know what to tell you. He's a solid dart throw to see how things play out.

Is he though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, devaster said:

Is he though?

 

Well RoJo sure as Hades isn’t.  He would be perfect as a 3rd down RB except for sucking at blocking and sucking at catching the football.

 

Ellington is a 30 yr old 6 year vet playing in the 2nd half of the 4th PS game.  That kind of makes a statement.  Anderson has been nonexistent in the PS.

 

Dare is almost the 3rd down RB by default, if his play during the PS hadn’t been so solid.  He’s in the running for being the best RB on the roster right now.  I know - kind of like being the tallest midget and all, but someone has to get the work at RB and TB ought to be throwing a ton.

 

No one is looking at this kid as a league winner.  But he could be a nice bye week type of guy, with maybe some upside to a RB2 if things were to break right.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard pass on this guy.  Rosters are fairly thin in my leagues and this guy isn't the type I'd use one up on at this point in the fantasy season.  He could work his way to fantasy relevancy, but the ceiling just isn't there imo.  Not right now.  If you have bigger benches then fire away I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

TB is probably the worst backfield situation in the NFL. I’m vested in two of them at the moment just to see if one can emerge.

 

This to me is the strategy with the TB backfield.  Get into it really, really cheap and see if one of the JAGs gets more run than the others.  I think we have three or four bums here competing for scraps but if one gets volume they could offer back-end RB2 production for virtually no price.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...