NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's averaging 12 points with 5 or 6 boards 2 3s and in-between 2-3 stocks per game. Just like he has pretty much every season of his career. Look up his per season stats. This is exactly what he's always been. Whether people like it or not is kind of irrelevant. We've already known who he is as a fantasy asset for several years.

his blocks steals and threes are all down

and i thought he was overrated last year too

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I AM AN IDIOT.

The ten rules of the lord 1: I am the Lord who resides in Houston 2: Thou shall draft no other players before me 3: Thou shall make many threes 4: Thou shalt not ever doubt thy Lor

Ok, here’s some analysis.  There’s this thing called defense and he’s pretty good at it.  Defense generally translates into these things called stocks.  But there’s a lot of variance in stocks so he’s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sixers11 said:

Lol easily 100 players over Roco. 

He's ranked 57 on the year in 9 cat and that can only go way up if he's traded to a better situation.  

did you not read my entire post?

i don’t care where he’s “ranked”.. rankings have ricky rubio at 83. do you value covington over rubio? lol

you’ll find 12-5-1 with a couple threes or better on the waiver wire at least 4-5 times by years end..

stop valuing players based on rankings and watch as your fantasy profile rises. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lol @ top 50 and lmao @ top 40.....

this is why u can never take rankings seriously ... i can easily name u 100 players i’d take over him, and i don’t care what the rankings say. he’s just not as good as advertised. period. 

Banish COBBLEPOT from this thread. Take your negativity somewhere else. You know thy Lord gets tired during the holidays. He cannot always give what you ask, he will answer your prayers when you are ready. You’re clearly not prepared for the blessings he brings forth in thine 2020.

Sidenote: Why did you draft him then? Experienced Covington owners know how annoying he is to own but you take the good with the bad I guess.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i don’t care where he’s “ranked”.. rankings have ricky rubio at 83. do you value covington over rubio? lol

you’ll find 12-5-1 with a couple threes or better on the waiver wire at least 4-5 times by years end..

Rubio is ranked 58 in 9 cat.

Saying you don't care about rankings is like saying you dont care that 2+2=4 and that you think it equals 5. The rankings are the rankings. Now if you're punting a category you can adjust your rankings accordingly.  

Also, out of the 9 major categories Rubio is better than Covington in 1 category,  so yes I value Covington more. Especially if he's traded, and even more so is I value assists the least of the 9 categories.  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Preach. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, sixers11 said:

Rubio is ranked 58 in 9 cat.

Saying you don't care about rankings is like saying you dont care that 2+2=4 and that you think it equals 5. The rankings are the rankings. Now if you're punting a category you can adjust your rankings accordingly.  

Also, out of the 9 major categories Rubio is better than Covington in 1 category,  so yes I value Covington more. Especially if he's traded, and even more so is I value assists the least of the 9 categories.  

you rank covington over rubio

thats all i needed to hear 

6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

There has been some trade rumors which I dont get. He's on a good contract.

The fact that he is on a good contract is why he would probably have alot of interest around the league. Minnesota is headed straight to the lottery and could probably get a decent haul for Convington.