NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wendell Carter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

So in what was already a crappy two game week we have a best case scenario for one game from him this week?  Amazing.

Edit: Also has the worst playoff schedule being on the ONLY 3-3-3 team.  Yum.  Not even sure how excited I am to own him at this point.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plans to play next Thursday (first game back from the ASB)

Can we please stay on topic guys, last I checked this the WCJ thread . No one gives a flying fook about Wood or Doumbouya . Cluttering up this place for no reason , take it to their respective threads

As mentioned, I'm not sure the coaching situation is great here. WCJr played 13 minutes in a game last season and Boylen said "You learn by sitting too." Yes WCJr wasn't playing great that game, but I

Bulls’ medics are one of the worst teams in nba, you can see how they ruined Rose and Noah’s careers.  They probably don’t know how to treat their injured players in a proper way so they could only push back their return dates.  This sucks.

Edited by PascalSiakam
1 hour ago, alwaysstressed said:

Anyone that watches Bulls games, can you please share on how effective this kid is? His numbers and highlights dont tell the whole story to me. 

Does he get touches on Offense? Does he have a knack for rebounding? Will he get right to producing double doubles again? 

not sure how long you’ve been following basketball, or even fantasy B-ball. But he really reminds me of a young Carlos Boozer.

solid Pts/Rebs on good %’s ... he’s also good for about a stl and blk on average each night.

i wouldn’t expect the double double (pts/rebs) to start ... but that’s what he will do once you to speed.

sucks the bulls playoff schedule is garbage ... but he’s a very fantasy friendly asset when healthy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wendell Carter Jr. said he plans to talk to the Bulls after the season about moving to power forward.

"I’ve been playing the four all of my life," WCJ said. "Even when I was at Duke, me and Marvin [Bagley] were kind of interchangeable at the four, so I don’t know. It’s definitely a conversation I’m going to bring up, but as of right now, I’m just trying to make it work with where I’m at.’’ Carter is a bit undersized at 6-9 but his 7-5 wingspan and athleticism helps him compensate. He still gets overmatched at times against bigger centers like his last matchup with Mitchell Robinson, and while coach Jim Boylen said he'd look into his request, he said he just wants him to be "healthy and get him into a rhythm" for the time being.

1 minute ago, RLDN106 said:

Wendell Carter Jr. said he plans to talk to the Bulls after the season about moving to power forward.

"I’ve been playing the four all of my life," WCJ said. "Even when I was at Duke, me and Marvin [Bagley] were kind of interchangeable at the four, so I don’t know. It’s definitely a conversation I’m going to bring up, but as of right now, I’m just trying to make it work with where I’m at.’’ Carter is a bit undersized at 6-9 but his 7-5 wingspan and athleticism helps him compensate. He still gets overmatched at times against bigger centers like his last matchup with Mitchell Robinson, and while coach Jim Boylen said he'd look into his request, he said he just wants him to be "healthy and get him into a rhythm" for the time being.

I would want a team change if we're being blunt. But one step at a time.

• Haha 2

Did just enough to justify giving him more time on the roster, especially with three more games this week.  Not sure how much confidence I have in his rebounding at this point, but at least he's trending up slightly overall, and the coach seemed to save his minutes to make sure he was able to close out the game without playing too long.

• Thanks 1