Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matthew Stafford 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s basically free because he sucks.  As someone who is forced to watch Stafford s--- the bed week after week, it’s not hard fo believe that no one wants to draft him. He’s not good. Calvin John

Besides last season while he played through back fractures and did not have Golladay, Marvin Jones, or kerryon for the final 5 games, in what planet can you say this? How can you back this up at all?

“Pardon me stewardess, but I speak Jive” - June Cleaver, Airplane (1978)

He’s basically free because he sucks. 

As someone who is forced to watch Stafford s--- the bed week after week, it’s not hard fo believe that no one wants to draft him. He’s not good. Calvin Johnson made him looked decent because CJ was a stud on his own. 

 

Stafford sucks and if you draft him, good riddance. 

 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897db4d5382380cb7b823

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

He’s basically free because he sucks. 

As someone who is forced to watch Stafford s--- the bed week after week, it’s not hard fo believe that no one wants to draft him. He’s not good. Calvin Johnson made him looked decent because CJ was a stud on his own. 

 

Stafford sucks and if you draft him, good riddance. 

 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897db4d5382380cb7b823

 

 

He had some of his best seasons without Calvin and played through back fractures last season but okay.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 11:47 PM, oresteszero said:

He’s basically free because he sucks. 

As someone who is forced to watch Stafford s--- the bed week after week, it’s not hard fo believe that no one wants to draft him. He’s not good. Calvin Johnson made him looked decent because CJ was a stud on his own. 

 

Stafford sucks and if you draft him, good riddance. 

 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897db4d5382380cb7b823

 

Besides last season while he played through back fractures and did not have Golladay, Marvin Jones, or kerryon for the final 5 games, in what planet can you say this? How can you back this up at all? Between 2011-2017, here are where he has finished:

2017: QB7

2016: QB7

2015: QB9 

2014: QB15

2013: QB7

2012: QB10

If the offensive skill players can stay healthy, now that he has the best TE core and RB core he’s ever played with, top 15 is not out of question whatsoever.. he is basically free. I don’t understand how people can just post things so cluelessly 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stafford is a gunslinger and I had him on my team last season as my #2 QB and played him during my starters bye week and he did fine. For that I think he is OK. As your teams starter, I don't think you will go very far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CawCaw said:

Stafford is a gunslinger and I had him on my team last season as my #2 QB and played him during my starters bye week and he did fine. For that I think he is OK. As your teams starter, I don't think you will go very far.

He looked real smooth last night. I think he creeps back into the top 10 again this year. I love the weapons around him. He's not just going to sit back and hand the ball off. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I missed out on Mahomes, Watson and ARod in 2 of my 3 leagues (Got Watson in one) and ended up with Cam and Wilson.  I know its only one week, but Stafford put up some pretty nice stats, so I picked him up in all 3 leagues.  I will probably roll with Cam and Wilson one more week and if Stafford outscores them in week 2, I will make the switch.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TTo34 said:

On this train.  For at least a week.  Please save me from my Scam disaster.

I expected the Detroit offense to be pretty good this year; I hadn't expected Stafford to profit most from this. It's definitely interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baldy8 said:

I had to pick him up this week but not thrilled about it. I had both Brees and Ben Roethlisberger and he's the best available on my waiver wire. I picked up Dalton too but I like Staffords matchup better.

This is the exact same pair that I grabbed.  My thinking is I'll play Stafford for potentially the next 2 weeks (@PHI, KC - should be a shootout), and then run with Dalton after as his schedule and game scripts suggest they should be throwing quite a bit.  I'm not particularly thrilled either, but you know, as they say...

tumblr_norizhE8c21shjo9mo8_250.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TTo34 said:

This is the exact same pair that I grabbed.  My thinking is I'll play Stafford for potentially the next 2 weeks (@PHI, KC - should be a shootout), and then run with Dalton after as his schedule and game scripts suggest they should be throwing quite a bit.  I'm not particularly thrilled either, but you know, as they say...

tumblr_norizhE8c21shjo9mo8_250.gif

Lol yup. Dalton gets Arizona at home in 3 weeks I think and he should put up some stats

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anything to see here? As a Winston owner I’m terrified to play him against the Rams in LA (this also starts a stretch of 6 weeks without a home game for TB). Haven’t watched the lions much but Golladay/Jones/Amendola/Hockenson is a pretty formidable group of pass catchers. At home against KC who will put up a ton of points in the dome, especially if Slay can’t go which seems likely. Could this be a throwback Stafford/Lions game where he throws the ball 50 times?

Edited by Olliemets
Link to post
Share on other sites

Holding Stafford for the moment as a backup/bye week QB to Dak. However I’m mulling a drop for Kyle Allen. Anyone feel Allen is the better choice over Stafford as a regular starter should Dak go down? 
 

Also, Dak’s weeks 12-15 are scary, Stafford’s are almost as bad. Allen’s look pretty good. 

Edited by jadakid
Link to post
Share on other sites

last time 'Homie played in a dome he chucked for 600/6 .... that was college, of course, but - friggin' track meet coming up for the Chiefs on that indoor fast surface 🤑 (also, Slay looking doubtful).

unlike his uninspiring outing vs a bad Iggles secondary last week (also hurt by a special teams score by Detroit), Chiefs gonna put up a ton of points (unlike Philly) ... can't play close to the vest vs those beasts. 

Marvin pulled a Lazarus last week, Kenny G is lethal ... Hock and 'Dola and CarryOn and wunderkind Ty can keep it honest underneath ... and don't gimme this "ball control to keep 'Homie off the field" gahhhhrbaaahhhhge ... this has all the makings of a 41-27 kinda gig - Staff gonna rack sum up. 

HOLLA 🇨🇦

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

last time 'Homie played in a dome he chucked for 600/6 .... that was college, of course, but - friggin' track meet coming up for the Chiefs on that indoor fast surface 🤑 (also, Slay looking doubtful).

unlike his uninspiring outing vs a bad Iggles secondary last week (also hurt by a special teams score by Detroit), Chiefs gonna put up a ton of points (unlike Philly) ... can't play close to the vest vs those beasts. 

Marvin pulled a Lazarus last week, Kenny G is lethal ... Hock and 'Dola and CarryOn and wunderkind Ty can keep it honest underneath ... and don't gimme this "ball control to keep 'Homie off the field" gahhhhrbaaahhhhge ... this has all the makings of a 41-27 kinda gig - Staff gonna rack sum up. 

HOLLA 🇨🇦

I'm not sure what this says, but I do agree. I'm heavily favoring Stafford over Jones as a streamer right now 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...