NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matthew Stafford 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Gootz said:

Sounds like a coin flip he suits up. I've already went ahead and dropped Prater for Boswell as a result of this. Adjust your rosters or at the very least, have a back up plan in place just in case Stafford sits out.

Since it was reported by Rapoport, you have to think he would likely have better odds of playing.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s basically free because he sucks.  As someone who is forced to watch Stafford s--- the bed week after week, it’s not hard fo believe that no one wants to draft him. He’s not good. Calvin John

Besides last season while he played through back fractures and did not have Golladay, Marvin Jones, or kerryon for the final 5 games, in what planet can you say this? How can you back this up at all?

“Pardon me stewardess, but I speak Jive” - June Cleaver, Airplane (1978)

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Possibly better than 50/50, but even if he does play, he could be hindered by his injuries. Since I'm playing to even make playoffs at this point, I'm weighing the risk/reward a little differently than if I were in the position where I had a high probability of making them. Better to gather as much information as you can, then make an educated decision rather than cross your fingers and hope for the best.

14 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I'm in a 2 qb league and could use another qb for depth.  If Stafford sits, is David Blough the guy or is it Jeff Driskel?

With that, Stafford's streak of 136 straight starts is set to come to a halt, which means that Jeff Driskel is slated to start at QB for the Lions on Sunday.

58 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Is this the injury Carr had and Romo had and missed one week? If so, Stafford will miss one week. How effective he’ll be upon return is anyone’s guess.

I'm not sure we know for sure but I saw Dr Chao speculating that this could be the case.

Just bums me out as he's been balling.  This kills the whole Detroit offense.

Hopefully he's back in the next week or two.  It doesn't seem like it's a season ender from what I'm seeing but who knows.

Just now, DaGreatest said:

At this point, they’ll probably just wait until the inactives are publicized lol.

yes, I don’t think the team has officially ruled him out yet, that report comes at like 10:30? I think yahoo waits for the official reports.

15 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Yahoo still hasn't tagged him with an O tag?

NFL.com platform sucks  if your player has the O , you cannot put him in the reserve spot. Those are designated 

The RESERVE slot is a Custom League roster position option that allows an injured or suspended player to be kept on a team but not count as a bench spot (though they still count against position limits). Players are eligible for the Reserved slot if they are officially labeled by their NFL team as:

• IR: Injured Reserve
  • NON: Non Football Related Injured Reserve
  • SUS: Suspended
  • PUP: Physically Unable to Perform
  • EXE: Exempt

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

NFL.com platform sucks  if your player has the O , you cannot put him in the reserve spot. Those are designated 

The RESERVE slot is a Custom League roster position option that allows an injured or suspended player to be kept on a team but not count as a bench spot (though they still count against position limits). Players are eligible for the Reserved slot if they are officially labeled by their NFL team as:

• IR: Injured Reserve
  • NON: Non Football Related Injured Reserve
  • SUS: Suspended
  • PUP: Physically Unable to Perform
  • EXE: Exempt

I've never used NFL.com before, that sucks. As of right now, Yahoo finally tagged him as Out.