NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vernon Davis 2019 Outlook

Redskins' Jeremy Sprinkle: Shines without Reed on field
July 30, 2019 10:08 AM ET | by RotoWire Staff

Sprinkle stayed busy during Sunday's practice, with fellow tight end Jordan Reed getting the day off, Ryan Fowler of the Redskins' official site reports.

Sprinkle reportedly was a favorite target of all the Washington quarterbacks, most notably catching a pair of touchdowns from rookie Dwayne Haskins. The 2017 fifth-round pick is third on the depth chart, behind one player with an extensive injury history (Reed) and another who is 35 years old (Vernon Davis). It won't come as any surprise if Sprinkle is a legitimate piece in the Washington passing game at some point during the upcoming season.

• 3 weeks later...

Death, taxes, and whoever is starting for Washington at tight end being on the fantasy radar.

Davis had 4 catches, 7 targets, 59 yards and that 48-yard score today. He should at least be on watchlists if you're in need of a tight end, especially since every other tight end that beat him out in targets is owned in most leagues.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Sivaro said:

Reed looks to be out again in this weeks matchup.  The Giants are easy pickings.

This week he fills my bye week filler slot  ( Kittle)   it was either him or Fant

McLauren possibly out as well now.  Seems like a decent shot.

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, this guy right here said:
Redskins' Jeremy Sprinkle: Shines without Reed on field
July 30, 2019 10:08 AM ET | by RotoWire Staff

Sprinkle stayed busy during Sunday's practice, with fellow tight end Jordan Reed getting the day off, Ryan Fowler of the Redskins' official site reports.

Sprinkle reportedly was a favorite target of all the Washington quarterbacks, most notably catching a pair of touchdowns from rookie Dwayne Haskins. The 2017 fifth-round pick is third on the depth chart, behind one player with an extensive injury history (Reed) and another who is 35 years old (Vernon Davis). It won't come as any surprise if Sprinkle is a legitimate piece in the Washington passing game at some point during the upcoming season.

With a name like that, Sprinkle is not happening in 2019.:D

Here we go Vernon!!!

Sincerely,
Kittle owner

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

If I get 7-8 points in .5 PPR from Vernon this week, I will be happy. That's the best you can hope for from this desolate TE wasteland. McLaurin out may open a couple opportunities this week.

I was hoping the same, but it never happened. Got to drop this cat now and hope for someone else till Herndon returns.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Davis (concussion) is participating in practice Wednesday, Ben Standig of The Athletic reports.

Davis' presence at practice doesn't necessarily indicate that he's cleared the NFL's concussion protocol, but his involvement can be taken as a sign that his condition is improving. Washington will reveal the extent of Davis' participation once the session concludes, but the veteran tight end looks like he'll probably be in line for a limited listing on Washington's first injury report of Week 6, per Kareem Copeland of The Washington Post. With Jordan Reed (concussion) trending toward another absence Sunday versus Miami, Davis will be in line to fill a starting role at tight end if he gains clearance to play this weekend.”

As an Engram/Herndon owner, I believe that Vernon is going to be my choice this weekend against Miami, if he suits up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, mattman444 said:

Davis (concussion) is participating in practice Wednesday, Ben Standig of The Athletic reports.

Davis' presence at practice doesn't necessarily indicate that he's cleared the NFL's concussion protocol, but his involvement can be taken as a sign that his condition is improving. Washington will reveal the extent of Davis' participation once the session concludes, but the veteran tight end looks like he'll probably be in line for a limited listing on Washington's first injury report of Week 6, per Kareem Copeland of The Washington Post. With Jordan Reed (concussion) trending toward another absence Sunday versus Miami, Davis will be in line to fill a starting role at tight end if he gains clearance to play this weekend.”

As an Engram/Herndon owner, I believe that Vernon is going to be my choice this weekend against Miami, if he suits up.

Same boat! I did not think it was worth using my #1 waiver claim to get a TE and I wanted to wait on Engrams status before making moves. Now that he’s out and the waiver wire for TE’s is absolutely atrocious - Vernon Davis looks like the play. Especially against Miami!