NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brian Hill 2019 Outlook

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He plays in the same league as you. Doesn’t want you getting hill. 

He should focus on football more than tweeting. Maybe he would suck less. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

How does the backup RB become a low RB1/high RB2 when the more talented starter, Freeman, wasn't even that?

I’ve never been a fan of Freeman. Really thought he got his big break when there was no other RBs on the roster when Coleman got injured. This could be a similar scenario for Hill. His volume has to be higher than Freeman I would think. Perhaps RB1 is too optimistic but I think he would be an automatic start for he majority of rosters especially on a bye week.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

yeah especially considering they really have no one else and the trade deadline is over. 20 carries after Freeman goes down. Hard to ignore that volume.

Yes 20 carries. RB success comes from volume.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I’ve never been a fan of Freeman. Really thought he got his big break when there was no other RBs on the roster when Coleman got injured. This could be a similar scenario for Hill. His volume has to be higher than Freeman I would think. Perhaps RB1 is too optimistic but I think he would be an automatic start for he majority of rosters especially on a bye week.

Freeman is a very good RB, but was much better in the Shanny scheme. Hill is not going to sniff low RB1. He would be lucky to produce RB2 numbers in that offense.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Freeman is a very good RB, but was much better in the Shanny scheme. Hill is not going to sniff low RB1. He would be lucky to produce RB2 numbers in that offense.

Well to be fair, every RB is much better in the shanny scheme 😂

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, mjb said:

Yes 20 carries. RB success comes from volume.

20 carries in a bizarre game where the Falcons defense was playing out of their minds and they led the entire 2nd half and milked clock. Falcons haven't really had that game script happen often.

I laugh when every backup RB projects to be a better fantasy asset than the starter when the starter gets injured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, devaster said:

20 carries in a bizarre game where the Falcons defense was playing out of their minds and they led the entire 2nd half and milked clock. Falcons haven't really had that game script happen often.

I laugh when every backup RB projects to be a better fantasy asset than the starter when the starter gets injured.

there is some precedence of backups outperforming the starter. Freeman was the overall number 1 running back when he took over after a Coleman injury. One of the most lopsided examples could be CJ Anderson coming in for Gurley. Now he didn’t outperform Gurley’s crazy numbers but came very close. Chubb after Hyde gets traded comes to mind as well. Hill is a mystery but we have seen the precedence set.

• Like 2
Just now, WaiverLooter said:

there is some precedence of backups outperforming the starter. Freeman was the overall number 1 running back when he took over after a Coleman injury. One of the most lopsided examples could be CJ Anderson coming in for Gurley. Now he didn’t outperform Gurley’s crazy numbers but came very close. Chubb after Hyde gets traded comes to mind as well. Hill is a mystery but we have seen the precedence set.

These are all silly examples. Chubb was a touted 2nd round rookie that before his injury was a generation prospect. Coleman was not the starter. Freeman and Coleman were both seeing playing time and Freeman ran away with the job. The job wasn't being handed to Coleman as a rookie.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

These are all silly examples. Chubb was a touted 2nd round rookie that before his injury was a generation prospect. Coleman was not the starter. Freeman and Coleman were both seeing playing time and Freeman ran away with the job. The job wasn't being handed to Coleman as a rookie.

Not to split hairs but Freeman only ran away with the job because Coleman was out injured and Freeman became the only RB on the roster basically. This is exactly what’s happening with Hill.

Also in hindsight Chubb over Hyde looks silly but Chubb was only given like 4 touches a game when Hyde was the starter.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Top waiver add of the week I would think.

Worth blowing 50-100% of your remaining FAAB on, fairly unlikely that there will be a better add in the next 6 weeks, assuming the Mattison types are already owned.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, devaster said:

Because I responded about his outlook as the #2? Before the injury he was a mediocre handcuff. He wasn't going to get much work while Freeman was healthy.

Except you don't know what he would be, because he has never been given an opportunity in the NFL before.

Stop writing off players before they are given the opportunity to prove themselves. Especially this late in the season when rosters are decimated and subjected to bye weeks. 

And Freeman is washed, btw. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

If Freeman"s injury is substantial, then the Falcons could sign someone off the streets like Mike Davis.

Are we sure he's going to be the guy going forward?

Yes no playoff run this year.

Well this is rotoworld's blurb if you want to believe it or not it's up to you.

Brian Hill rushed 20 times for 61 yards in the Falcons' Week 10 win over the Saints, adding one reception for 10 additional yards and a touchdown.

Hill is looking at a potential three-down role in the future if Devonta Freeman (ankle, foot) has to miss time. He played well as both a rusher and receiver in relief of Freeman on Sunday, regularly bursting through the line against the Saints’ struggling defense. Kenjon Barner is more of a change-of-pace option and doesn't figure to threaten Hill's early-down work. He'll be an upside RB2 in Week 11 against the Panthers' run-funnel defense if Freeman is inactive.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:47 PM ET

28 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Except you don't know what he would be, because he has never been given an opportunity in the NFL before.

Stop writing off players before they are given the opportunity to prove themselves. Especially this late in the season when rosters are decimated and subjected to bye weeks. 

And Freeman is washed, btw. 

I'm sorry, but I didn't write him off. He is a 3rd year player that hasn't had an opportunity because he wasn't deserving of one. He is a backup that has bounced around to a couple teams for a reason.

That being said, he is a perfectly viable flex with RB2 upside if he gets volume as a starter if Freeman misses time.

There are plenty of others already crowning him an RB1 and better option than their previous starter in Freeman already. Even though I didn't write him off, how is that any different than all those crowning him already?