NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brian Hill 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He's this week's "blow all your FAAB" guy, especially since there are probably many teams in your league who hoarded their FAAB and need something to spend it on.

Hopefully it works out better than Ty Johnson.

It won't. They take a small sample size and then blow it up to think they'll be getting a bellcow "league winner". Reaching deep into the dumpster.

giphy.gif

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He plays in the same league as you. Doesn’t want you getting hill. 

He should focus on football more than tweeting. Maybe he would suck less. 

Posted Images

Wow I don't know what to think after reading all the polarizing comments surrounding this guy.  I don't know how he's not a RB2 just based on sheer volume he'll receive provided the Falcons don't bring someone else in to share the load.   

47 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

There's a reason why he's practice squad. It will show. But go ahead and blow your FAAB.

Not a lot of options to blow your FAAB on currently.. Most leagues main RBs are cuffed up already and when a starter goes down with backup already on IR, thats the recipe for LEAGUE WINNER. Hill will get some showtime, get the popcorn boys

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Wow I don't know what to think after reading all the polarizing comments surrounding this guy.  I don't know how he's not a RB2 just based on sheer volume he'll receive provided the Falcons don't bring someone else in to share the load.   

Every year, a RB emerges because of injury. Last year D Williams was the guy.

Devaster and Fitz have never seen anyone help make a run to end the season out of nowhere... they were literally born yesterday... so by all means listen to them and the naysaying... but honestly at this point in the season all handcuffs owned... aho... as it's better known... you're welcome 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Any threat of Qadree Ollison or Kenjon Barner?  Obviously Hill got all the work yesterday, but if they plan without Freeman, would the Falcons involve these guys more?  I remember Ollison having some decent buzz in the off-season.

No Quinn likes Hill as a 3 down back.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Hard to know if yesterday was a fluke based on a prideful team coming out of a bye against a division rival or a real turn around for the Falcons.

Their defense is bad, no question, but they played with emotion.  Maybe that carries over.

If not, hard to say he can be that effective.

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Hard to know if yesterday was a fluke based on a prideful team coming out of a bye against a division rival or a real turn around for the Falcons.

Their defense is bad, no question, but they played with emotion.  Maybe that carries over.

If not, hard to say he can be that effective.

One thing we do know for sure.  The Falcons have endorsed Hill as being their 3-down guy if Freeman's injury is significant.   If it is, that's good enough for me to pull the trigger and get him.

5 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

There's a reason why he's practice squad. It will show. But go ahead and blow your FAAB.

Ah yes another post on the forum stating that NFL coaching staffs and front offices are infallible. Adopting this stance is a quick way to lose your league every year. And then you post in the rant thread when Tim Hightower comes out of retirement and wins the league title for his owners. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Ah yes another post on the forum stating that NFL coaching staffs and front offices are infallible. Adopting this stance is a quick way to lose your league every year. And then you post in the rant thread when Tim Hightower comes out of retirement and wins the league title for his owners. 

Ah yes, I do remember the Hightower end of season run. Happens quite often it seems.

27 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

No, I just feel pretty comfortable with my assessment. Infallible? Not at all. I've been known to make mistakes in my judgments before. I don't base it on what the team does, but what I know about the players in general. One thing I do know are Falcons players and I am pretty confident in knowing you are wasting FAAB on Hill. If I eat crow, so be it.

5 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Oh okay, thanks Rap...just like the "minor" turf toe injury to Adams that wasn't going to require much time off? I'll believe it when I see it, but this is at least relatively good news to hold off hope he'll be back for the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Seems like gambler's fallacy.

His many times (compared to Tim Hightower) have we seen a RB be elevated from the practice squad to cover a week or two, they suck, and then get shuttled into oblivion?

Seems like a lot more.

If it doesn't cost you much to roster a guy like Hill, sure, go for it.

But if you end up losing resources you might use for someone who has more proven value, or cutting a guy who has proven value, well...I'd think about it.

Freeman's injury doesn't sound season ending.  The Falcibs defense is probably still bad and running situations might be hard to come by.

He probably won't be a "league winner". But at this stage, for those who need RB help and are in FAAB leagues, I think it's worth shooting your load on Hill. There's only 3 weeks left in the regular season and having leftover FAAB dollars is a waste. It's worth rolling the dice that Hill can be useful while Freeman is out. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1