NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brian Hill 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

No one is mentioning his BRUTAL schedule.

The schedule doesn't matter because the value in the ATL RBs isn't in running the ball; the team can't do that and usually trails.  It's in catching all those dump off passes when the team is chasing points.  Look at Freeman's stats this year - very much fueled by the passing game.  He has 38 catches and that's with him missing parts one of game for being ejected and another with this injury.

• Like 2
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He plays in the same league as you. Doesn’t want you getting hill. 

He should focus on football more than tweeting. Maybe he would suck less. 

Posted Images

He's been both a runner and a receiver this year. A 3-down back. Schedule does not matter as noted above. For FF purposes, he can get all his points in garbage time (which for ATL could be two quarters) when ATL is throwing it 50 times.

3 minutes ago, Blazer said:

He's been both a runner and a receiver this year. A 3-down back. Schedule does not matter as noted above. For FF purposes, he can get all his points in garbage time (which for ATL could be two quarters) when ATL is throwing it 50 times.

Kinda sorta, I mean he's caught three passes this year.

They also used Kenjon Barner against the Saints and you could see him conceivably getting involved in that capacity.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Kinda sorta, I mean he's caught three passes this year.

They also used Kenjon Barner against the Saints and you could see him conceivably getting involved in that capacity.

Dude, we are dumpster diving here. He's prolly the best on the WW in deep leagues and the coaches have stated some confidence in him. Just noting he can catch passes!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Dude, we are dumpster diving here. He's prolly the best on the WW in deep leagues and the coaches have stated some confidence in him. Just noting he can catch passes!

Ok ok.

I'm just saying for the folks who might have more options here and are trying to discern whether this is the next David Johnson circa 2015, I mean, probably not.  But who knows?

2 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

Freeman only out for 2 weeks with minor sprain. Unless your lacking in RB depth and need wins now, I’d chill on Hill

Wasn't Rapoport the one who tweeted Adams's toe injury was minor and he'd be out only a couple weeks? That guy might not be the best source of info about toe-related injuries. 

• Like 2

Adam knows toes? Whenever its vague it means too much swelling to tell... so best case scenario is the swelling subsides and reveals strain of some sort... worst case its damaged... any case ....all handcuffs owned...aho... this guy applies 

5 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

No, I just feel pretty comfortable with my assessment. Infallible? Not at all. I've been known to make mistakes in my judgments before. I don't base it on what the team does, but what I know about the players in general. One thing I do know are Falcons players and I am pretty confident in knowing you are wasting FAAB on Hill. If I eat crow, so be it.

Your argument for not picking up Hill was literally because you reached the conclusion he was no good based on the fact that he was on a practice squad. 

Also, I didn't waste any FAAB on Hill. I picked him up last week when he was free. He was an automatic grab when it was known that Ito had a neck injury going into the bye, well before he was even IR'd. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Your argument for not picking up Hill was literally because you reached the conclusion he was no good based on the fact that he was on a practice squad. 

Also, I didn't waste any FAAB on Hill. I picked him up last week when he was free. He was an automatic grab when it was known that Ito had a neck injury going into the bye, well before he was even IR'd. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Actually that wasn’t my argument. I clearly stated I’ve seen enough of him to know what he is. I hope it works out for you.

While common sense is that Freeman will return in a week or two - who knows? It might linger, we've seen this with Freeman before. Every injury is different, even if it sounds minor. Even if it's initially termed a "bruise" or "sprain" of the minor sort. Setbacks occur. Brian Hill could prove to be the more powerful between the tackles runner that needs 15+ carries to get it going. They are a 2-7 team with playoffs out of reach. Might play it very safe with Freeman as well.

I've seen this play out before: No, don't grab him! He is just a 1-2 week rental! Wait for the REAL league winner! - Only for said player to be the league winner and me whiffing again... 🤢

• Like 1

In deep leagues Hill is the grab. David Johnson owners need to grab him and sit DJ this week (@SF, still a bit hurt, sorta lost the starting job, etc.). Unlike Dis I did not pick him up when Ito went down. So, for me very unlikely I'll get Hill as my WW position is low. But, I think he is the move to make if you need RB help or just reinforcing for the FF playoffs. Best of luck to all and I think Hill will stud. I know this 'cause I prolly can't get him via WW this week.

• Like 1
On 11/11/2019 at 10:12 PM, KidDynamite420 said:

Freeman only out for 2 weeks with minor sprain. Unless your lacking in RB depth and need wins now, I’d chill on Hill

At this point in the season there's zero reason to preserve your waiver priority or FAAB waiting for a "league-winner." Any guy who can win you even a single week is worth it. It doesn't matter if Freeman comes back in a week or two, Hill has the opportunity this week.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, RandyShackleford said:

Agree...if Hill produces in Freeman’s absence this could be his backfield going forward. It’s not like Freeman was lighting the league ablaze. 

Think Hill is going to be 1B to Freeman's 1A until he shows everyone without a doubt that he deserves more carries.  With Freeman's history of injuries, there might be more weeks like these upcoming.

Edited by SavageGordon