Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Vent & Rant Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen this team on Twitter from this past week

I think I'm done with this ****. Overpaid for Chase via trade and dropped Drake in the process. Same guy that I got Chase from had picked up Drake as a FA. He just messaged me asking if I'm inter

Mods afraid to unlock that Boone thread. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HurryupO said:

Note to self Deshaun Watson ain’t it. 

Guy won't run, which makes him = to Dalton and the like...he may have been a little gimpy today but I'm even suspect of that too..seemed like he started hamming up the injury the worse the game got.  Only saw him reach for the ankle after an over/under throw...And even if he was gimpy, he hasn't used his legs near enough all year.  F---ng done with this ride..will overpay for Lamar or Mahomes next year and move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Guy won't run, which makes him = to Dalton and the like...he may have been a little gimpy today but I'm even suspect of that too..seemed like he started hamming up the injury the worse the game got.  Only saw him reach for the ankle after an over/under throw...And even if he was gimpy, he hasn't used his legs near enough all year.  F---ng done with this ride..will overpay for Lamar or Mahomes next year and move on.

 

Murray 8th rd+ 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty certain that Singletary and James White just put the nail in the coffin for me in the championship. I kinda knew they'd probably put up duds in a bad matchup, but that was uglier than I even thought it could be. White was wide open in the flat a few times with daylight and Brady didnt look at him. Meanwhile Burkhead's usage was rock solid even after a costly fumble to start the game. It also hurts that after losing Evans for the year, my opponent benefits with Perriman. All my matchups are horrendous and my opponent has dazzling matchups across the board. 

Is anyone else totally annoyed by fantasy lately? I'm looking at 2nd place in this league which isnt bad, and im in the money for a pretty nice payout in my main league as well. Despite that, its just not fun anymore. It's been more stress and groaning than anything else for me the last few seasons despite doing well. I've played for 10+ years and am officially done, despite landing in the money pretty much every year. Just find myself getting pissed off more than anything lately, and winning doesnt even remedy any of it; I'd say winning simply gives me temporary relief if anything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Pretty certain that Singletary and James White just put the nail in the coffin for me in the championship. I kinda knew they'd probably put up duds in a bad matchup, but that was uglier than I even thought it could be. White was wide open in the flat a few times with daylight and Brady didnt look at him. Meanwhile Burkhead's usage was rock solid even after a costly fumble to start the game. It also hurts that after losing Evans for the year, my opponent benefits with Perriman. All my matchups are horrendous and my opponent has dazzling matchups across the board. 

Is anyone else totally annoyed by fantasy lately? I'm looking at 2nd place in this league which isnt bad, and im in the money for a pretty nice payout in my main league as well. Despite that, its just not fun anymore. It's been more stress and groaning than anything else for me the last few seasons despite doing well. I've played for 10+ years and am officially done, despite landing in the money pretty much every year. Just find myself getting pissed off more than anything lately, and winning doesnt even remedy any of it; I'd say winning simply gives me temporary relief if anything.

 

Humblebrag post of the season.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

 

Humblebrag post of the season.

Sorry man if it seemed like that. My point was that despite doing pretty well, I'm done. Just not having fun anymore, which for a hobby shouldnt be the case. Used to love playing and looked forward to it, but I take it too seriously and end up getting tilted way too often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Final in one league is now going the way of the semi in my other league. Just getting blown away. All his guys are blowing up, my guys who have played are failing, and I've left serious points on the bench (Ronald Jones, John Brown). I'd just like to put up a bit of a fight in these games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Pretty certain that Singletary and James White just put the nail in the coffin for me in the championship. I kinda knew they'd probably put up duds in a bad matchup, but that was uglier than I even thought it could be. White was wide open in the flat a few times with daylight and Brady didnt look at him. Meanwhile Burkhead's usage was rock solid even after a costly fumble to start the game. It also hurts that after losing Evans for the year, my opponent benefits with Perriman. All my matchups are horrendous and my opponent has dazzling matchups across the board. 

Is anyone else totally annoyed by fantasy lately? I'm looking at 2nd place in this league which isnt bad, and im in the money for a pretty nice payout in my main league as well. Despite that, its just not fun anymore. It's been more stress and groaning than anything else for me the last few seasons despite doing well. I've played for 10+ years and am officially done, despite landing in the money pretty much every year. Just find myself getting pissed off more than anything lately, and winning doesnt even remedy any of it; I'd say winning simply gives me temporary relief if anything.

At least you make the finals...this is shaping up to be the 5th time in 6th years i get a bye..my team craps the bed in the semis and ends up winning 3rd place..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I scored the second most points in a 14 team league. 5 points from being the top scorer. Somehow managed to miss the playoffs with 8 teams making it.
The real piss off is that a team that was mathematically eliminated made a trade with a top team that put the final nail in my coffin by resulting in a week 12 loss. I would have won the week had the trade not happened. The lesser team gave up the better players, took on players with byes on week 12 (the week I played the team that knocked me our) for guys past their bye. This is a league that’s in it’s 8th year that I play with childhood friends. First time in 8 years that I’ve vetoed a trade. There was not even a single justifiable reason for the bottom feeder to take it.

But the trade only gets 4 vetoes. Needs 6. Ends my cursed season. Naturally I’m the high scorer in the quarter finals and semis. 

Moral of the story: don’t play with friends 

 

Edited by Canuck14
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the blurbs coming out today.

“Fantasy RBs producing fantasy titles”

saquan and Freeman 2 TDs 

 

Yeah....chances are pretty good that if you owned either one of them, you probably didn’t make the playoffs lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Love the blurbs coming out today.

“Fantasy RBs producing fantasy titles”

saquan and Freeman 2 TDs 

 

Yeah....chances are pretty good that if you owned either one of them, you probably didn’t make the playoffs lol.


Not necessarily. If one or even two picks ruin your year then that’s on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost my first round playoff matchup by 2 points and was the second highest scorer in our league that week. I'm now going to be the highest scoring team in my league these past two weeks and I finish 5th, yet I outscored the guy who is going to win the championship every single week of the playoffs...doesn't make sense one bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i was thought i was doing fine against Lamar Jackson but he has 2 TDs now and RIP.

Also Slayton goose egg is killing me come on do something bro im going to cry, i don't feel good at all. im not having a good time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...