NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

5 hours ago, cbsholy said:

My kicker spot hasnt eclipsed 5 points yet this season after week 6 and that's despite trying 3 different kickers. Best part is it's a season long points league, so every week adds up to your final total. And for some reason with this leagues scoring, kickers score as much as running backs. So my kicker luck has been sorely frustrating. Youd think luck would eventually net you a decent kicker game. Nope, game script, missed field goals, missed extra points,  going for 2, going for it on 4th down, offense cant get to field goal range, trick plays in field goal range resulting in turnovers, you name it. Benched the fairy Fairbairn in his career game. You could put all the kickers names in a hat and have your granny pull a name out every week and youd have a 95% chance of having more kicker points than me. Played McLaughlin tonight and he doinks a 40 yarder off the post and looks bewildered like someone else missed it. I'm honestly shocked he ended up with 5 points after how comically bad the Chargers were. Looked like Rivers had a large wager on Pittsburgh.

Oh and I also lost Dissly for the year as an OJ Howard owner, dropped Curtis Samuel before his inevitable 2 touchdown game, and have had several players end up with 98 or 99 yards in this league where you only get points for yards if they hit 100. 

In a season long points league, these things are so frustrating that I feel like pulling my hair out. I'm having fun though,  right? It's supposed to be fun, right? Someone remind me cause I forgot.

This sounds like a horrendous league designed to create such frustration.

Edited by Sartorialism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen this team on Twitter from this past week

I think I'm done with this ****. Overpaid for Chase via trade and dropped Drake in the process. Same guy that I got Chase from had picked up Drake as a FA. He just messaged me asking if I'm inter

Mods afraid to unlock that Boone thread. 

Posted Images

Dissly got injured before he scores a single point. Had Henry on the bench for a 30 burger.

Thankfully my opponent had Conner who came out of the game early as well......right after he scored J..U..S..T enough points to beat me.

Oh.... I also traded Tyreek for Davante Adams before week four. Adams had a nice game week 4....would've won without him.

Would've won with Tyreek this week because HE'S BACK.......

Adams...who knows when he'll play again.

17 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I'm sure this was talked about already but HOW THE HELL DO THEY OVERTURN THAT TOUCHDOWN FROM LOCKETT.  Sorry for shouting.  It was called a touchdown on the field and they saw enough to overturn that. 

His knee was clearly down 

I'm about done with this game. I'm 1-5 and likely going to miss playoffs because I have the most scored points against me by over 100. I have more points than the 5-1 team. This is my team in a 10 team league after making some trades after week 2...absolutely unreal.

QB: Rodgers

RB: Carson, Fournette, Conner

WR: Hopkins, Adams, Ridley, Fuller, Sutton

TE: Kelce

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

who tf are your WRs TEs and RBs?!?

Keenan Allen, Hopkins, Landry, Fitz, Mixon, Dissly, Ekeler. I benched josh Jacobs last week. 

I actually was the top scoring team in my league during the first three weeks, largely thanks to Ekeler (who largely has been neutered thanks to Gordon’s return). I scored only 71 points this week in my half PPR league, a season low for all teams. 

I thought I was sooo smart waiting on QB and pairing Goff/Jameis.  "Between Jameis' high ceiling and Goff's high floor, these two will surely combine to form a fantasy QB1."

Lol.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, cbsholy said:

My kicker spot hasnt eclipsed 5 points yet this season after week 6 and that's despite trying 3 different kickers. Best part is it's a season long points league, so every week adds up to your final total. And for some reason with this leagues scoring, kickers score as much as running backs. So my kicker luck has been sorely frustrating. Youd think luck would eventually net you a decent kicker game. Nope, game script, missed field goals, missed extra points,  going for 2, going for it on 4th down, offense cant get to field goal range, trick plays in field goal range resulting in turnovers, you name it. Benched the fairy Fairbairn in his career game. You could put all the kickers names in a hat and have your granny pull a name out every week and youd have a 95% chance of having more kicker points than me. Played McLaughlin tonight and he doinks a 40 yarder off the post and looks bewildered like someone else missed it. I'm honestly shocked he ended up with 5 points after how comically bad the Chargers were. Looked like Rivers had a large wager on Pittsburgh.

Oh and I also lost Dissly for the year as an OJ Howard owner, dropped Curtis Samuel before his inevitable 2 touchdown game, and have had several players end up with 98 or 99 yards in this league where you only get points for yards if they hit 100. 

In a season long points league, these things are so frustrating that I feel like pulling my hair out. I'm having fun though,  right? It's supposed to be fun, right? Someone remind me cause I forgot.

those league settings are infuriating. why would you play in a league where kickers score as much as RBs? also that 100 yard threshold is ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, KN033118 said:

So all but Aaron Jones has played and I have 43.8 standard points to my opponents 130. If I was jimmy Fallon, I’d write thank you notes to minshew (4.6) Malcolm brown (4) Tyler Boyd (1) chark (4.3) Everett (0.9) Dallas D (3) and nugent (4). Terry mclaurin was the only guy on my team to get above 5 with 22 on the day.

This isn't my rant, because I actually won against this opponent... But here's the way his luck goes.

Last week I was facing him, and he started Rivers, Diggs, and Gallman for a combined 12.9 points. On his bench were Aaron Jones, DJ Chark, and Josh Allen for a combined 103.1. Like I said, not my rant because I beat him by 50 points, but he would have absolutely crushed me if he'd started them.

So what does he do this week? Benches Rivers and Diggs (58.3 points) in favor of Minshew and Chark (11.9 points). He's down 25.1 going into MNF with Aaron Jones remaining (opponent is done), so he's relying on a 2nd huge week in a row from Jones to have a chance. If he'd started those two, however, he'd already have won the week.

Pretty much whoever is on his bench has a great game, and whoever he starts flops. Because he chases points.

2 hours ago, kretan182 said:

Keenan Allen, Hopkins, Landry, Fitz, Mixon, Dissly, Ekeler. I benched josh Jacobs last week. 

I actually was the top scoring team in my league during the first three weeks, largely thanks to Ekeler (who largely has been neutered thanks to Gordon’s return). I scored only 71 points this week in my half PPR league, a season low for all teams. 

and you didn't see this coming and try to sell high?? He was the 2019 sell high candidate of the year.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, bhawks489 said:

Can anyone beat this all bust team?

Rounds

1. Odell

2. JuJu

3. Henry

4. Montgomery

5. S.Michel

6. OJ howard

picked up Big Ben as Qb and a bench of 

Penny, Henderson, Darwin, Metcalf, Herndon (picked him up thinking I’d have two good TEs, smh)

Would you believe this team is on its way to 0-6? Do I even bother managing it any further?

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Would you believe this team is on its way to 0-6? Do I even bother managing it any further?

The WRs busting is disappointing (I have Juju too), but not surprised by the RB’s killing you. I personally avoided every one of those

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

If it weren't for Nagy, it looks like you could make a late season push.  F it, spoil some seasons.

10 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

The trash list

the bums responsible for me going 2/12 this week. 

Mixon. Trash team, trash line. Bumass

Goff. As a Rams hater, I love seeing him suck. trash QB, elite agent helped pull off an absolute heist

Preston Willams . Bumass

Everett. Bumass, back to wire w you

Keenan Allen. 3 games straight under 50... another bumass early round WR

Cooks. Waste of a pick 

Damien JAG Williams. 😂😂this guy sucks

Malcolm Brown. Elite handcuff they said

Juju. Smh go play Fortnite 

Diontae Johnson. At least I didn’t waste a 2nd rounder this guy

Hilliman. I know 

Keesean Johnson. At least my bench scored absolutely zero

Melvin Gordon. Continuing his holdout would have benefited everyone 

Boyd. Cheeks

And a special thanks to Famous Jameis for starting the fantasy day off right

Now that's truth!!!!

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Last week Will Fuller had 46+ points. This week Fuller had 44 yards. 

I don't own Fuller but I'd be trying to trade for him. Watch the highlights if you haven't already. He should have had at least 2 TDs if he caught balls in his hands/off his chest

• Like 1

Just putting this in writing to hold myself to it. 

I will no longer read any "analysis" or "insights" throughout the week. I will analyze matchups and look at numbers on my own, but I'm not reading anyone's opinions. 

I've already sworn off looking at player rankings or asking others for start/sit advice and I've loved that decision.