NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

I thought I was sooo smart waiting on QB and pairing Goff/Jameis.  "Between Jameis' high ceiling and Goff's high floor, these two will surely combine to form a fantasy QB1."

Lol.

Upon further review (AKA early week waiver wire scrounging), I have now realized that both of these bums indeed technically are QB1s in my league.

I hate fantasy football.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen this team on Twitter from this past week

I think I'm done with this ****. Overpaid for Chase via trade and dropped Drake in the process. Same guy that I got Chase from had picked up Drake as a FA. He just messaged me asking if I'm inter

Mods afraid to unlock that Boone thread. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Upon further review (AKA early week waiver wire scrounging), I have now realized that both of these bums indeed technically are QB1s in my league.

I hate fantasy football.

Winston is, but Goff is far from it in my league. Winston is QB10 and Goff is QB17. Winston only is because Brissett and some others were on bye.

4 hours ago, bwarbiany said:

This isn't my rant, because I actually won against this opponent... But here's the way his luck goes.

Last week I was facing him, and he started Rivers, Diggs, and Gallman for a combined 12.9 points. On his bench were Aaron Jones, DJ Chark, and Josh Allen for a combined 103.1. Like I said, not my rant because I beat him by 50 points, but he would have absolutely crushed me if he'd started them.

So what does he do this week? Benches Rivers and Diggs (58.3 points) in favor of Minshew and Chark (11.9 points). He's down 25.1 going into MNF with Aaron Jones remaining (opponent is done), so he's relying on a 2nd huge week in a row from Jones to have a chance. If he'd started those two, however, he'd already have won the week.

Pretty much whoever is on his bench has a great game, and whoever he starts flops. Because he chases points.

I hope you’re not insinuating I’m “chasing points” my bench scored a whopping 16.2 between 3 player, as gurley was Out, Mason Rudolph Out, brandin cooks is near unstartable, Waller bye, Phillip dorsett out and Ronald Jones. Draft was plagued with injuries from week 2, who I played is all I have 

2 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Lockett caught the ball, it was a TD!! Refs took it away. Ball spotted at 1 yard line. Carson ran it in for a TD. 

I have Lockett. Opponent have Carson. Lost the week to 1 play. 

Saw that play as well. It was close but odd they overturned the call. I have Carson and would have won anyways but I feel for you getting a bad call. 

17 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Left Diggs on my bench but still won. I feel robbed of the rant that was going to be on my Mt. Rushmore of rants. End no rant rant.

I've never wanted to rage cut a player after a big game so much in my years of playing this game.

It was such an obvious layup but how could you possibly trust him?

I'm convinced the only people who got his points were dead teams.  And it won't happen again this season.  Infuriating.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Left Diggs on my bench but still won. I feel robbed of the rant that was going to be on my Mt. Rushmore of rants. End no rant rant.

Believe me, it's better to have no rant impetus. I had Diggs in my lineup for a couple of days based on the Philly matchup (picked him up off waivers two weeks ago), chickened out because I read too many rankings lists where he was around WR 23-28 and didn't know if he was still in good stead with the coaches, picked up and started Malcolm Brown in my flex instead (hey, he was RB 15 in a few rankings!), and will now lose by about 20, 25 points (down 14, opponent has Crosby). My season is now toast at 1-5, and honestly I'm so bummed at myself for not following through on Diggs I wish I could just rage drop my whole team and cancel the rest of the season. But I gotta keep plodding ahead and live with yet another colossal lineup blunder this season.

I think this is the second worst I've ever felt playing FF, behind the absurd fourth quarter loss on MNF I endured after Robert Kelley rang up about 20 fantasy points in the last 5 minutes.

Edited by 99-percent-sure
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, KN033118 said:

I hope you’re not insinuating I’m “chasing points” my bench scored a whopping 16.2 between 3 player, as gurley was Out, Mason Rudolph Out, brandin cooks is near unstartable, Waller bye, Phillip dorsett out and Ronald Jones. Draft was plagued with injuries from week 2, who I played is all I have 

No, not at all. Partly because I have no idea who you are 😉

When I say "chases points" it's someone who responds too much to week-to-week scoring and not to the "start your studs" mantra. If you bench players after bad games while starting players after good games, too often you get bit by variance because one player had a good or bad game due to gameflow, or matchup, or whatever, and that situation changes week to week.

That guy in my league isn't the worst example of it, though. I'll give you an example. Note that this is an 8-team taco league, so when I mention names on waivers understand that it's a VERY shallow league.

Sep 11 picks up Sammy Watkins off waivers following his 46.8-point game. He's scored 28.7 points over 4 weeks since including the injury game. 

Sep 18 picks up Mark Andrews off waivers following 2 weeks of ~25 pts each. He's scored well (10.25 weekly average in PPR) since, but not the same. Oh, he traded Andrews away (see below) after his 4.5 point outing the next week, so he's missed both 13+ point games from Andrews. 

Sep 18 picks up Garoppolo after his 22.6 pt game; he hasn't scored over 15 since.

Sep 19 trades away Devonta Freeman AND Mike Williams for Marquise Brown after games of 30.7 and 16.6 points; Brown averaged 8.1 points the next three games before being injured.

Sep 25 drops Garoppolo after a bad game (9.4 points), picking up Danny Dimes after his huge 34.2 point performance in week 3. Scored 12.3, 10.5, 5.2 since.

Sep 27 trades Mark Andrews and Scary Terry for Mark Ingram after his 35.5 point blow-up against KC. Ingram has scored 8.1, 12.9, and 15.4 since. 

Oct 7 trades Julio Jones, WR8 so far and FantasyPros rated as WR1 ROS, to me (because I know he's a point chaser) for Tyler Boyd (28.3 previous week) and Allen Robinson (28.7 previous week) and was rewarded with 4.1 points from Boyd in his matchup this week. 

He over-values players based on what they've just done, rather than their rational expectation for performance going forward. And it causes him to overpay in trades and acquire (and start) shiny waiver wire gems instead of his studs who had a bad week the previous week. 

Is it any wonder that the team in question is 1-4 so far, and in danger of being 1-5 if he loses to the other 1-4 team tonight? 12 points in PPR from Golladay for his opponent, and he'll be 1-5. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

No, not at all. Partly because I have no idea who you are 😉

When I say "chases points" it's someone who responds too much to week-to-week scoring and not to the "start your studs" mantra. If you bench players after bad games while starting players after good games, too often you get bit by variance because one player had a good or bad game due to gameflow, or matchup, or whatever, and that situation changes week to week.

That guy in my league isn't the worst example of it, though. I'll give you an example. Note that this is an 8-team taco league, so when I mention names on waivers understand that it's a VERY shallow league.

Sep 11 picks up Sammy Watkins off waivers following his 46.8-point game. He's scored 28.7 points over 4 weeks since including the injury game. 

Sep 18 picks up Mark Andrews off waivers following 2 weeks of ~25 pts each. He's scored well (10.25 weekly average in PPR) since, but not the same. Oh, he traded Andrews away (see below) after his 4.5 point outing the next week, so he's missed both 13+ point games from Andrews. 

Sep 18 picks up Garoppolo after his 22.6 pt game; he hasn't scored over 15 since.

Sep 19 trades away Devonta Freeman AND Mike Williams for Marquise Brown after games of 30.7 and 16.6 points; Brown averaged 8.1 points the next three games before being injured.

Sep 25 drops Garoppolo after a bad game (9.4 points), picking up Danny Dimes after his huge 34.2 point performance in week 3. Scored 12.3, 10.5, 5.2 since.

Sep 27 trades Mark Andrews and Scary Terry for Mark Ingram after his 35.5 point blow-up against KC. Ingram has scored 8.1, 12.9, and 15.4 since. 

Oct 7 trades Julio Jones, WR8 so far and FantasyPros rated as WR1 ROS, to me (because I know he's a point chaser) for Tyler Boyd (28.3 previous week) and Allen Robinson (28.7 previous week) and was rewarded with 4.1 points from Boyd in his matchup this week. 

He over-values players based on what they've just done, rather than their rational expectation for performance going forward. And it causes him to overpay in trades and acquire (and start) shiny waiver wire gems instead of his studs who had a bad week the previous week. 

Is it any wonder that the team in question is 1-4 so far, and in danger of being 1-5 if he loses to the other 1-4 team tonight? 12 points in PPR from Golladay for his opponent, and he'll be 1-5. 

He traded Julio Jones for Tyler Boyd and Allen Robinson?

I mean....

I get it.  There's that amazing moment where you realize that you did it again to him.  And then you check Julio's stats and realize the forthcoming results.  But at a certain point don't you feel like Billy Madison rejecting jumpers shot by 8 year olds?

• Haha 1

This is my last time ranting about this a-step-below-s--- tier team, but here it goes. This is the worst fantasy team I've ever owned in my years of playing fantasy. And the funny thing is that both Yahoo and FantasyPros graded me out as the best draft in the league. But a combination of injuries and losers, and here we are, 1-5 😁

R1: Saquon (injury bust, I still love you and your quads)

R2: Gurley (I feel bad for you, but I never want you on my team again)

R3: OBJ (who saw this coming? Turns out Eli is more fantasy gold than Baker's trash a**)

R4: Woods (you're trash and so is your QB. I hate drafting guys with zero upside and I hated drafting you even before you busted)

R5: Kerryon (meh. I'm sure he'll turn it on as the season goes on, but it's too little too late for me)

R6: O.J. Howard (lol)

R7: Wentz (decent pick, but his schedule always seems to be brutal)

R8: Curtis Samuel (another who is probably going to turn it on too little too late)

R9: Duke Johnson (bell cow my a**. dropped this loser after week 2)

R10: Marvin Jones (trash. Stafford loves Golladay almost as much as Goff loves Kupp. dropped after week 1)

R11: Dante Pettis (a step below trash. but he was never anything more than an upside flier so whatever)

R12: Delanie Walker (old. I respect the man's game, but he's done for in fantasy)

R13: Baltimore D (absolutely horrible. streamed them 3 times this year in plum matchups and they s--- the bed each and every time)

R14: Lutz (dropped after Brees injury. streaming)

R15: Latavius (Ingram role my a**. Zero fantasy value until Kamara gets hurt. Dropped)

I'm bummed because this is my friends and family league, so it means more to me than random money leagues, and of course it's the one I completely s--- the bed in. Oh well, f--- this team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Why does the NFL have injury reports?  I'd feel better just looking to see if a guy is active.  All I've gotten is burned by guys who are supposedly barely able to play, or benched guys who were supposed going to limp through the day.  Godwin, Kittle, Hilton (of course he scored twice before limping away), Henry, am I missing anyone?

18 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

He traded Julio Jones for Tyler Boyd and Allen Robinson?

I mean....

I get it.  There's that amazing moment where you realize that you did it again to him.  And then you check Julio's stats and realize the forthcoming results.  But at a certain point don't you feel like Billy Madison rejecting jumpers shot by 8 year olds?

I figure there were two things involved...

1) Julio was coming of 4/52/0 and 3/42/0 weeks, so as I say he "chases points" he gave up one underperforming [recently] asset for two that had just gone off and had big games.

2) The rest of his roster was increasingly getting worse from the trades/moves he was making and with other WRs injured, I think he was willing to trade quality for depth.

But yeah... I almost feel bad doing it. I know how his brain works in fantasy football and I ruthlessly exploited his weakness. So now instead of rolling out guys like Boyd or Robinson or Tyrell Williams as my WR2 alongside Michael Thomas, I've got two legit WR1s. 

The Kansas City Chiefs backfield: All of it. Everywhere. Every last one of 'em.

Week after week. All the time. Forever.

And ever.

And ever again.....

Screw 'em all to hell.

The bane of my Goddamn existence; that's what those guys are.

Wait, I'm allowed to say Goddamn on here, right? 

So long as I capitalize any/all usage in any/all forms for any/all word(s) containing the word "God"; am I understanding this correctly??

Ehh whatever; as if the 2019 Chiefs backfield isn't proof enough that - whether expressed in a capitalized manner or not - there is no God.

So like I was saying; the Chiefs backfield...

I shake my fist at you with one hand, and I extend to you my middle finger with the other.

• Haha 3

A combined 6 points from Boyd, Fuller, Dissly, and Chris Thompson (bye week fill in). Lost by 7 points with the dagger from Dak's final garbage time drive rush TD. Sigh... Wasted points from Tyreek, Slye, NE defense, and Lamar.

And to think I waffled on picking up Edmonds or not and decided to roll with Chris Thompson. I would have won with Edmonds. Those are the decisions that haunt me the most.

• Like 1

Damn kickers. All I needed was Prater to stay under 14 points tonight to win my matchup. Would be 4-2 and clearly in 1st due to tiebreaker. 

But because the lions offense is good, but not good enough to get in the end zone, I'm gonna be 3-3 and in 5th.

Of course, if I'd played an injured Kittle over the reliable and safe TE5 in PPR, Will Dissly, I'd also have won handily. 

I hate kickers. 

I’m done after this season. Done. 

In two leagues. 

1st game: Down 11.9 pts. I have Stafford. He puts 11.5 pts. How the f---? I’ve never seen a QB have 196 yards passing in the first 17 minutes of a game and not have a TD. 

Lost by 0.4 pts

2nd game

Sown 8.6 points. I have Aaron Jones put up 8 points in full PPR. Had he not fumbled...I win. Had he had the last few carries and not Williams...I win

Lost by 0.6 pts

I’ll compete ROS....but I’m done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I’m done after this season. Done. 

In two leagues. 

1st game: Down 11.9 pts. I have Stafford. He puts 11.5 pts. How the f---? I’ve never seen a QB have 196 yards passing in the first 17 minutes of a game and not have a TD. 

Lost by 0.4 pts

2nd game

Sown 8.6 points. I have Aaron Jones put up 8 points in full PPR. Had he not fumbled...I win. Had he had the last few carries and not Williams...I win

Lost by 0.6 pts

I’ll compete ROS....but I’m done. 

Don't forget the dropped TD pass. Also, he was wide open on the left side when Rodgers decided to keep it and run late in the fourth. 

1 minute ago, HandSchaub said:

My team is now 3-3 but I’m the highest scoring in the league. I’ve just been dumped on in my three losses.

Tonight I needed 15 from Aaron Jones in 1ppr. He gets 8. That dropped TD catch would’ve won me the game. 

f--- Matt LaFleur

I'm 3-3. Most points scored in the league. Also most points against in the league. 

18 minutes ago, HandSchaub said:

My team is now 3-3 but I’m the highest scoring in the league. I’ve just been dumped on in my three losses.

Tonight I needed 15 from Aaron Jones in 1ppr. He gets 8. That dropped TD catch would’ve won me the game. 

f--- Matt LaFleur

Welcome to the club. Diggs did me in this weekend. To 3-3 I go. leading the league in points and having most points scored against. Fantasy is probably 50% skill and 50% luck. Two of my losses came via two different players from my opponents that did nothing leading up to the week I played them. It's pretty ridiculous but that's fantasy for you. Oh, and I lost to an 0-5 team.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1