NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

11 hours ago, Mest30 said:

Not that I hope for injuries, but Mahomes going down really helped me as I was projected to lose by 20 and he fell 20 short of his projected. But McManus made sure that wouldn't hold up.

Why would you start a kicker against a team that would likely be way up in points and force Denver to abandon fgs, DUH. You did this to yourself. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen this team on Twitter from this past week

I think I'm done with this ****. Overpaid for Chase via trade and dropped Drake in the process. Same guy that I got Chase from had picked up Drake as a FA. He just messaged me asking if I'm inter

Mods afraid to unlock that Boone thread. 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, SGagne said:

At the beginning of the year, I thought I had such a stacked team.  Now... I'm questioning everything. Series of events:

QB - Andrew Luck (Retired) 
QB - Cam Newton (Injured)
QB - Big Ben (Injured) 
QB - Now I am running with Daniel Jones / Jimmy G 

RB - Zeke (Holdout, thankfully he signed)
RB - Melvin Gordon (Holdout, finally he's back and under performing)
RB - Joe Mixon (Underperformer)
RB - Justin Jackson (Injured, was rolling in flex spot with MG3 out)

WR - Tyreek Hill (Injured, finally back but now Mahomes hurt)
WR - Julio Jones (Only bright spot but still under performing)
WR - Hollywood Brown (Injured) 

TE - Kelce (Under performing, and with Mahomes hurt will keep under performing)

Fantasy football is fun!

How did you get Zeke, Cheetah, Julio, and Kelce? Keeper League(s)?

12 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Why would you start a kicker against a team that would likely be way up in points and force Denver to abandon fgs, DUH. You did this to yourself. 

26, 10, 28, 30, 19, 31.

That's how many points opposing defenses have scored against KC this year. Meanwhile, McManus was averaging 10 a game.  Thought I was safe for 7 to 10 points.

• Like 1

Good thing I went Mahomes & Kelce at the 1-12 / 2-1 turn

Also glad that I felt, draft capital-wise, comfortable enough to snatch Damien Williams with one of my two back to backs when the draft swung back to me at 3-12 / 4-1 

What was also really cool was when how, after a 10 carry, very spry looking 81 yard rushing performance from McCoy in week 1, I felt compelled to "lock it in" (lock it in being the Chiefs backfield), compelled enough to swap Phillip Lindsay for him shortly thereafter said 10 carry 81 yard week 1 performance produced by McCoy.

And just as cool as everything else above was when, even though I wasn't seeking it, juuuuust about the same time I was putting the finishing touches on the aforementioned Lindsay for McCoy swap, a freaked out Tyreek Hill owner offers me Hill and Tyrell Williams for Cooper Kupp, coming off his nondescript week 1 performance.

Mind you, this wasn't just any old Cooper Kupp. The Cooper Kupp in which I'm describing is the same one whom I had specifically targeted and pegged as the wide receiver to own amongst the Rams trio, torn ACL the season prior be damned. But when someone offers you Tyreek Hill after one week of football, with manageable 3 to 6 week diagnosis for a fully recoverable shoulder injury, plus a second guy (Tyrell Williams) who had suddenly just found himself in an advantageous situation, and who, he himself, had just put up 100 yds and a tuddy --- regardless of all the other context and roster make-up, you take it.  So I did.  So I take a guaranteed "L" in week 12. Big deal, so what? Won't really matter all that much when weeks 1 thru 11 and weeks 13 thru 16 all sport a "W'" besides 'em.

So a roster containing Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, LeSean McCoy, and Damien "most regrettably drafted player, on the macro, ever" Williams...

And now with Mahomes out for the next few weeks and obviously no backup QB on the roster to speak of, since it's common knowledge that double-bagging it is exponentially more likely to cause a lot more harm than good. And besides, who in their right mind would ever so much as even think of double bagging it when that person is sleeping with the Sophia Bush (she's a damn spitfire; a moon goddess...at least mine anyway) of quarterbacks....

Imagine trying to navigate around that. Smooth sailing from here on out. No rough waters ahead with all those hands on deck; well minus the captain of course. Nope, none at all.

Yup. my life is the T.I.T.S - tits!  Tits I tell ya.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, SGagne said:

At the beginning of the year, I thought I had such a stacked team.  Now... I'm questioning everything. Series of events:

QB - Big Ben (Injured) 

Fantasy football is fun!

Man. Those QBs are brutal.

"It sucks that Luck retired but at least I can start Big Ben. he threw for 5k yards last season!"

"Man. too bad about Big Ben's arm but at least I still have Cam. What a quality backup to fall back on!"

"Errrr...Jimmy G, I guess?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I’m not sure it’s DUH but I do agree I saw this coming as well. 

6 hours ago, SGagne said:

QB - Big Ben (Injured) 

Fantasy football is fun!

Jesus. That's the most stacked team - well, at least in theory - I think that, yeah, that I've ever seen. No hyperbole either when I say that.

So stacked, in fact, that a certain nameless/faceless someone in a very powerful position apparently felt "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait; now that's TOO stacked", and saw it fit to break up the band. Anti-trust laws and such.

Although, what's also now pretty apparent is that this same all-powerful dude, well, maybe he ain't nearly as merciful as billions across the globe claim him to be. 

Cause this dude didn't just "break up the band", he took a goddamn 50 lb heavy-duty sledgehammer to it.

And from the looks of it, I think he may have even gone into a violent, uncontrollable seizure at some point while sledgehammering away at it.

Cause he did quite the number on it. Boy did he ever. The job he did, the chaos he created, the sheer and utter abstract mess he made of your masterpiece...he left it in such unrecognizable shambles that'd it make a Picasso seem like a freakin' Rembrandt by comparison. 

Seriously though. What a dick, this all-powerful guy. Such a hater.

A damn shame too, that he had to be that way. Cause what beautiful team you had there. 

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

How did you get Zeke, Cheetah, Julio, and Kelce? Keeper League(s)?

Keeper auction league. Kept Zeke & Cheetah. And you are able to trade for draft budget from season to season. Walked in with max budget, went heavy on Julio / Mixon / Kelce. 

17 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Jesus. That's the most stacked team - well, at least in theory - I think that, yeah, that I've ever seen. No hyperbole either when I say that.

So stacked, in fact, that a certain nameless/faceless someone in a very powerful position apparently felt "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait; now that's TOO stacked", and saw it fit to break up the band. Anti-trust laws and such.

Although, what's also now pretty apparent is that this same all-powerful dude, well, maybe he ain't nearly as merciful as billions across the globe claim him to be. 

Cause this dude didn't just "break up the band", he took a goddamn 50 lb heavy-duty sledgehammer to it.

And from the looks of it, I think he may have even gone into a violent, uncontrollable seizure at some point while sledgehammering away at it.

Cause he did quite the number on it. Boy did he ever. The job he did, the chaos he created, the sheer and utter abstract mess he made of your masterpiece...he left it in such unrecognizable shambles that'd it make a Picasso seem like a freakin' Rembrandt by comparison. 

Seriously though. What a dick, this all-powerful guy. Such a hater.

A damn shame too, that he had to be that way. Cause what beautiful team you had there. 

Hahahaha much appreciated!  Still a solid squad if they perform, here's how it looks today:

QB - Daniel Jones / Jimmy G
RB - Zeke, MG3, Mixon, Mattison, Pollard, Henderson
WR - Cheetah, Julio, Chark, Hollywood, Landry
TE - Kelce
D/ST - Niners

12-team $200 auction budget + 2 keeper league. I walked into the draft with $250 (we can trade draft budget). Cost me $45 to keep zeke and $23 to keep cheetah. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, yossarian said:

Man. Those QBs are brutal.

"It sucks that Luck retired but at least I can start Big Ben. he threw for 5k yards last season!"

"Man. too bad about Big Ben's arm but at least I still have Cam. What a quality backup to fall back on!"

"Errrr...Jimmy G, I guess?"

Haha, my exact dilemma all season. It's been rough for sure but everyone can have a string of bad luck, at least it's centered more in one position...? :)

My rant is MVS.  Big and strong and fast and the number one guy ahead of him goes down.  Hall of Fame QB.  And they guy can't get open or do much at all.  Totally biffed away the opportunity.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My rant is MVS.  Big and strong and fast and the number one guy ahead of him goes down.  Hall of Fame QB.  And they guy can't get open or do much at all.  Totally biffed away the opportunity.

Seems like Rogers keeps under throwing him whenever he gets open downfield. 

No less than a half hour from Mahomes went down last night, I get a live offer from this guy in my league.

Aaron Rodgers and Marquez Valdes-Scantling for Cooper Kupp and Patrick Mahomes.  No, that's not a type-o.

Never mind the fact that Mahomes and the 8.3 points he got me from his abbreviated outing were obviously already locked into my QB slot for the week; and thus Rodgers - even if I wanted his nuts (which I don't. Sure, 2-3 years ago maybe, but certainly not now) couldn't help me this week; meaning no rush to take-on a trade for a replacement QB when doing so comes at the sacrifice of having to ship out the overall #3 WR to date just as he's about to take on the Atlanta Falcons and the group of professional Matadors they employ as football players on their "defense", just a couple of days from now. 

And never mind the fact that, yes, this league indeed has this thing called waivers; a place where, every week, you will be sure to find a half dozen to a dozen starting (albeit homeless) NFL quarterbacks, all hanging out together at the soup kitchen; all eager for an opportunity, just itching for someone to give 'em a chance.

And also never mind the fact that, at this time, what was known was, Patrick Mahomes had merely suffered from an apparent knee injury; the extent of which was not yet known. Although last seen walking on his own power on the sidelines and into the locker room. What was also known at this time was, Patrick Mahomes was not deceased. Not deceased as in not dead.  Not dead as in alive. A human person (although that's arguable..he's SO good.) who, last we saw, was still a very much living and breathing creature who walked amongst us on this Earth of ours.

Never mind all that.

Because from the looks of this schmuck's preposterous offer, you'd never know any of that. Cause, say...say I'm at the movies during the time this occurred. Phone off, no Internet, no TV, the whole nine. And then upon conclusion of this movie, say, I were to turn my phone back on while walking back to my car. And the first thing that pops up once the phone fires back up were this ghastly trade offer. There is no doubt about that, 100%, the very first that thought, subsequent to firing up said phone, to hit my brain would be

"Oh my GOD! Holy S**t! Patrick Mahomes f**king died. He's dead. He must've died while I was at the movies....

Cause how the F**k else you gonna explain this trade offer?!"

Nice offer. Prick. 

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
15 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

No less than a half hour from Mahomes went down last night, I get a live offer from this guy in my league.

Aaron Rodgers and Marquez Valdes-Scantling for Cooper Kupp and Patrick Mahomes.  No, that's not a type-o.

Never mind the fact that Mahomes and the 8.3 points he got me from his abbreviated outing were obviously already locked into my QB slot for the week; and thus Rodgers - even if I wanted his nuts (which I don't. Sure, 2-3 years ago maybe, but certainly not now) couldn't help me this week; meaning no rush to take-on a trade for a replacement QB when doing so comes at the sacrifice of having to ship out the overall #3 WR to date just as he's about to take on the Atlanta Falcons and the group of professional Matadors they employ as football players on their "defense", just a couple of days from now. 

And never mind the fact that, yes, this league indeed has this thing called waivers; a place where, every week, you will be sure to find a half dozen to a dozen starting (albeit homeless) NFL quarterbacks, all hanging out together at the soup kitchen; all eager for an opportunity, just itching for someone to give 'em a chance.

And also never mind the fact that, at this time, what was known was, Patrick Mahomes had merely suffered from an apparent knee injury; the extent of which was not yet known. Although last seen walking on his own power on the sidelines and into the locker room. What was also known at this time was, Patrick Mahomes was not deceased. Not deceased as in not dead.  Not dead as in alive. A human person (although that's arguable..he's SO good.) who, last we saw, was still a very much living and breathing creature who walked amongst us on this Earth of ours.

Never mind all that.

Because from the looks of this schmuck's preposterous offer, you'd never know any of that. Cause, say...say I'm at the movies during the time this occurred. Phone off, no Internet, no TV, the whole nine. And then upon conclusion of this movie, say, I were to turn my phone back on while walking back to my car. And the first thing that pops up once the phone fires back up were this ghastly trade offer. There is no doubt about that, 100%, the very first that thought, subsequent to firing up said phone, to hit my brain would be

"Oh my GOD! Holy S**t! Patrick Mahomes f**king died. He's dead. He must've died while I was at the movies....

Cause how the F**k else you gonna explain this trade offer?!"

Nice offer. Prick. 

Insert old RW “confused” face emoji

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

Insert old RW “confused” face emoji

It might not have been the most well structured rant. Nor the most coherent as to where I was going with it. Wasn’t my best work. Won’t argue that. But other than that, it shouldn’t be all that confusing. I received an insulting B.S. offer, as evidenced by the players I cited in the offer, and I’m none too pleased about it. I apologize for any incoherence. However, it was a rant/vent. And rants and vents and such...inherently, they’re practically breeding grounds for incoherence and confusion. Plus, I think I accidentally doubled up on my dosage of Adderall today. Wait..yup, I definitely did. I really should pay more attention. Goddamn ADD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

It might not have been the most well structured rant. Nor the most coherent as to where I was going with it. Wasn’t my best work. Won’t argue that. But other than that, it shouldn’t be all that confusing. I received an insulting B.S. offer, as evidenced by the players I cited in the offer, and I’m none too pleased about it. I apologize for any incoherence. However, it was a rant/vent. And rants and vents and such...inherently, they’re practically breeding grounds for incoherence and confusion. Plus, I think I accidentally doubled up on my dosage of Adderall today. Wait..yup, I definitely did. I really should pay more attention. Goddamn ADD.

Lol.. i definitely understand man. I was just havin fun, you’re posts usually give me a good chuckle, but i was having trouble following this one

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Lol.. i definitely understand man. I was just havin fun, you’re posts usually give me a good chuckle, but i was having trouble following this one

God's honest truth. It was rushed. I lost track of time and realized I had to get to where I needed to go; and if I were to get there, it'd have been right then and there I'd need to have gone to get where I was going.

So I threw some s**t on a wall and wrapped it up without editing, knowing I still had several 3/4 fleshed-out sequences that I hadn't yet tied together at the time.

That's how I operate. Although normally, for whatever I've concocted, I don't dare submit that s**t 'til I've done that last part. Otherwise, I'd come across as relatively retarded, but mostly just autistic, possibly aspergers.

None of which - I repeat, NONE - of which I am or have. Not that there'd be anything wrong with that if I did. But nah, I can assure you, just your standard ADD. Textbook really.

So that explains what you saw in that earlier post. Also explains the Aderall and the my having ADD thing. That too.

But Aaron Rodgers and Marquez Valdes-Scantling for Patty Mahomes and Cooper Kupp?? I mean you sh**in' me with that!? What a cockstain

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

God's honest truth. It was rushed. I lost track of time and realized I had to get to where I needed to go; and if I were to get there, it'd have been right then and there I'd need to have gone to get where I was going.

So I threw some s**t on a wall and wrapped it up without editing, knowing I still had several 3/4 fleshed-out sequences that I hadn't yet tied together at the time.

That's how I operate. Although normally, for whatever I've concocted, I don't dare submit that s**t 'til I've done that last part. Otherwise, I'd come across as relatively retarded, but mostly just autistic, possibly aspergers.

None of which - I repeat, NONE - of which I am or have. Not that there'd be anything wrong with that if I did. But nah, I can assure you, just your standard ADD. Textbook really.

So that explains what you saw in that earlier post. Also explains the Aderall and the my having ADD thing. That too.

But Aaron Rodgers and Marquez Valdes-Scantling for Patty Mahomes and Cooper Kupp?? I mean you sh**in' me with that!? What a cockstain

Did you accept the trade?

• Haha 4

If had listened to all of the talking heads in Rotoworld, I would have:

avoided the crowded backfield of San Francisco and left T. Coleman for someone else

traded away Devante Adams the moment he hurt his toe

traded Melvin Gordon because he was never coming back 

picked him back up again because the Eagles are a great team to play for and he followed them on Twitter

only to trade him away again because Ekeler is the superior back

picked Hollywood Brown over Terry McLaurin because Hollywood was clearly better and there was no way Keenum find him (Lamar was officially no longer a running back but one of the purest passers in the game)

traded OBJ for pennies on the dollar because he is clearly done (I should happy to settle for a third tier running back)

moved Marlon Mack because Hines was the back to own  

sold high on Josh Jacobs because Gruden didn't know how to use him and the Raiders game script 

avoided Sutton at all costs because he needed another year

You see kids, in this business, no one REALLY knows what the hell they are talking about. No one in these threads. No one on Roto staff. And not even Ian Rappaport. The only surprise is that anyone is still surprised.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

If had listened to all of the talking heads in Rotoworld, I would have:

avoided the crowded backfield of San Francisco and left T. Coleman for someone else

traded away Devante Adams the moment he hurt his toe

traded Melvin Gordon because he was never coming back 

picked him back up again because the Eagles are a great team to play for and he followed them on Twitter

only to trade him away again because Ekeler is the superior back

picked Hollywood Brown over Terry McLaurin because Hollywood was clearly better and there was no way Keenum find him (Lamar was officially no longer a running back but one of the purest passers in the game)

traded OBJ for pennies on the dollar because he is clearly done (I should happy to settle for a third tier running back)

moved Marlon Mack because Hines was the back to own  

sold high on Josh Jacobs because Gruden didn't know how to use him and the Raiders game script 

avoided Sutton at all costs because he needed another year

You see kids, in this business, no one REALLY knows what the hell they are talking about. No one in these threads. No one on Roto staff. And not even Ian Rappaport. The only surprise is that anyone is still surprised.  

If you don’t believe this is an exact science, shame on you.

• Haha 1