NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

This is a vent and rant thread right? Obv no one to blame but myself, but the pundits who proclaim SF as the greatest rush-D ever aren't gonna say much after these last two games. Only guarantees in NFL 2019 is NE going 16-0 and one of the bottom feeders going 0-16.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen this team on Twitter from this past week

I think I'm done with this ****. Overpaid for Chase via trade and dropped Drake in the process. Same guy that I got Chase from had picked up Drake as a FA. He just messaged me asking if I'm inter

Mods afraid to unlock that Boone thread. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, affliction said:

Exactly. 

Nothing makes sense anymore. If you play fantasy football with logic, most likely you'll lose.

Next season, if I play, the only times I'll touch my lineups is injuries and byes. Bad matchups?...LEAVE EM IN!!!

Edited by Gryfter
6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Tra Carson practicing today. Because, why wouldn't you rush a JAG practice squad player back from a hamstring injury instead of giving those snaps to a dynamic rookie.

Damn it Lions. Why?! 

bEcAuSe ThEy dIDn't gET fREeMaN 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Guy I’m playing barely pays attention to his roster, but has Kenyan Drake who has the best game of his life.  How?

Things like this are the reason I’m only 4-4 even though I have the MOST points scored in the league.  It’s incredible.  Guy in first place is towards the bottom tier in points scored.

Just further solidifies the fact that you can be extremely “skilled” at putting together a roster but in the end it’s just luck.  All luck.

Kamara on a bye. David Johnson dead. Conner dead. I have no running backs. I just picked up McKissic (carson just popped up on injury report) and DeAndre Washington bc richards and jacobs have injuries. Those are my starting RBs this week LOOOL fml.

9 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Kamara on a bye. David Johnson dead. Conner dead. I have no running backs. I just picked up McKissic (carson just popped up on injury report) and DeAndre Washington bc richards and jacobs have injuries. Those are my starting RBs this week LOOOL fml.

Too bad you couldn't target Drake a week ago.

8 hours ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Agree for the most part.  But do they really know more than losers like us that comb through these posts every day?  For the record, I put Christian Effing Kirk in at 8:15 based on what some dope (no offense meant, I'm the bigger dope for listening) said in this thread.  To make it worse, I was pulling for my opponent to play Drake, and he did.  I  know, Uncool Story Bro, but this is a venting thread....

I feel so much better when I listen to my gut.  I knew in my heart that Kirk was dropping a deuce last night, but all the "experts" had him ranked higher than my other options.

don't beat yourself up about it... There's always going to be plenty of times we make the wrong decision. I've gone with my "gut" as well against fantasy analysts opinion and been wrong then wondered why the hell did I get cute and go against analysts advice. FF is wild and crazy unpredictable things happen all the time. 

Fellas this may have been the week that out me over the edge and finally pushed me to quit fantasy football.  

On Sunday I:

dropped Kenyan drake for jaylen samuels

then when the news broke about samuels, dropped him for Benny snell

benny snell then gets injured

so, drake after not doing s--- for 8 weeks, gets picked up by the 1st place team, supplants Edmonds, rips off 20 points on Thursday.

Not to mention that samuels is prolly a RB1 going forward (tho I haven’t checked statuses Bc I was so pissed off at fantasy that I haven’t been checking on any players).

feels bad man, feels real real bad.  

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Not to mention that samuels is prolly a RB1 going forward (tho I haven’t checked statuses Bc I was so pissed off at fantasy that I haven’t been checking on any players).

Guy has done zero all year. He's a flex play going forward at most.

Edited by WayneFontes
4 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Fellas this may have been the week that out me over the edge and finally pushed me to quit fantasy football.  

On Sunday I:

so, drake after not doing s--- for 8 weeks, gets picked up by the 1st place team, supplants Edmonds, rips off 20 points on Thursday.

Good rant and understandable that you'd be frustrated. I felt like I was going to rule the league after picking up Edmonds and seeing him go-off. Rejected all trade offers with no hesitation.Two weeks later he is worthless. Kind of how this dumb game works. I think you just have to force yourself to appreciate that FF has a huge amount of chaos (for lack of a better term) and learn to enjoy it and laugh about it because it happens to everyone. I can't say I'm fully there yet but I'm getting there and it's made it a lot less frustrating than it used to be.

3 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Good rant and understandable that you'd be frustrated. I felt like I was going to rule the league after picking up Edmonds and seeing him go-off. Rejected all trade offers with no hesitation.Two weeks later he is worthless. Kind of how this dumb game works. I think you just have to force yourself to appreciate that FF has a huge amount of chaos (for lack of a better term) and learn to enjoy it and laugh about it because it happens to everyone. I can't say I'm fully there yet but I'm getting there and it's made it a lot less frustrating than it used to be.

I’m a glutton for punishment so I’m not really giving it up and yea can’t do anything but laugh at that chain of events.  

my team is still really good, but could have been much better had I not made those moves.  

alvin kamara getting hurt + his bye really created a roster crunch for me so I blame him.

22 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

On Sunday I:

Happens to the best of us. Samuels had 1 good game last season filling in for Conner. Hes more of a COP back than a true workhorse with his receiving skills. 

If you have the bench space, grab Trey Edmunds and see what happens this Sunday.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

I have Carlos Hyde and Hopkins, opponent has Deshaun Watson. Still losing by 11 points. Even when it's Christmas for everyone else, it's the dentist's chair for me.

You'll live, you just dodged a bullet w the Watson non-rushing TD. Perennial #1 seed in my league playing Hopkins against me; last thing I needed was that garbage TD. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

You'll live, you just dodged a bullet w the Watson non-rushing TD. Perennial #1 seed in my league playing Hopkins against me; last thing I needed was that garbage TD. 

To be fair, he was likely your opponents first pick. If I was against him and saw my opponents best player only got like 11 something standard, I would've been doing backflips.

• Thanks 1