NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jack Doyle 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

League winner?

Why isn't he being talked enough about. TY looks out for the season. He's gonna be getting 10+ targets imo from here on out. He's a certified 8-10 pts in .5 ppr at min with a high ceiling boot as the main rz target. 

36 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

Why isn't he being talked enough about. TY looks out for the season. He's gonna be getting 10+ targets imo from here on out. He's a certified 8-10 pts in .5 ppr at min with a high ceiling boot as the main rz target. 

No clue why there's no chatter about him at a thin position. No TY, Mack, Ebron. And he's playing TB this week. Rolling with him over Cook and Hooper.

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

TB playing a bit better defense these days...I smell somewhat disappointment with Campbell coming back but I’m sure it’ll be fine 

I was coming here to say, TB has changed defensively the last 2 weeks. They just put a smack down on Foles and matt Ryan. They got JPP back and the pass rush is masking that secondary. Colts have a great o line though. Iron vs iron, should be a great matchup. Let’s hope Doyle can live on volume ROS regardless of matchup. 

2 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

I’m feeling pretty good about him this week.  Probably going to play him over Ertz, at least we know Doyle will be #1 or #2 in targets for the Colts.

This is what makes me feel so good about him. Not many other TEs at all you could say that about.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Had a feeling he'd drop a turd. Slightly improved tight end defense for bucs and this guy is a cruddy athlete... sigh

Same here. Felt like a let down after he was getting hyped all across the industry. 

Tampa Defense lately has been good with TE and with so much pressure their dline generates it also forces the TE to block more. 

Saints Dline has been decimated just this past week with Daveport and Rankins being out this week. On top of that with their suspect LB I can see Doyle doing very well since it's really only Pascal & Johnson to compete with targets. However, his ceiling is much lower due to his lack of athleticism so volume is key with Doyle. 

48 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not sure why analysts are going back to the well with Doyle. Just flopped in the best matchup he'll see all year. Now Indy has to go to the super dome in primetime? I'm out on this offense this week

I’m going back to the well. TB tightened up against TE’s the last few weeks. I don’t love the saints matchup but the volume is there. I think he has a nice bounce back 8/64 kinda game.