NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

10 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

The first diagnosis was done by the Nets medical staff. That was their diagnosis. Dr. jelly was just brought in this to get another opinion. He seems to concur. So it’s really confirmed as a shoulder impingement. It’s just now a matter of what course that goes. Either way it’s a small procedure so it’s not like he needs to have surgery now to be ready for next year. He can wait and as long as Nets and Dinwiddie are doodling no reason to rush anything. I honestly don’t see him playing at all ROS. I know bold. Sorry. 

With each passing day, the more I’m starting to believe this is the case. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woah there. Some things are more important than bouncing a rubber up and down. Let the man grief.

I got into an argument with my girlfriend and missed my first three picks. Kyrie was autodrafted. She's lucky I love her, because this is bullshit.

Wow.  Traded Doncic for him.  RIP my season

Look at the injury like plantar fasciitis. It can be easily reaggravated. It usually takes a few weeks to months just for inflammation to go down. Then you need to consider the physical therapy involved to strengthen the muscles to prevent this from happening again, which is roughly another few weeks. If surgery was to be done I'm certain it would have happened already with a shutdown. 

He will be back as long as Nets in playoff run which is likely to happen due to a weak East. 

15 minutes ago, simon said:

At this point, i already learned how to live without kyrie. My problem now is how to dispose of him and turn him into some consistent production at least.

Hard to trade him at the moment, you will be selling low. 

If you are doing well without Kyrie then hold until the playoffs. He will provide top 5 value when he plays. 

Caught in the Kyrie trap again this year. Pulled off this trade last week to unload him...

I traded:

Kyrie, OG Anun, and Richaun Holmes (before the latest Bagley injury)

I received:

Brandon Ingram and Derrick Rose.

Best case scenario: The two players I received maintain their current level of play all-season. Kyrie misses most, if not all ROS. Siakam returns and the emergence of Boucher along with the rest of the healthy Toronto frontcourt render OG below his ceiling, and Bagley gets back to full strength along with other members of the Kings frontcourt cutting into Richaun's usage rate (already trending down on that one with Bag's latest injury, but as a side note, my other C's are Drummond, Randle, Ibaka and T-Bryant on IR).

Worst case scenario: Zion returns and/or the Pelicans are playing for nothing at the end of the season and "rest" comes into play slashing Ingram's value, D-Rose catches the injury bug and/or the Pistons fall out of the playoff picture. Kyrie is back soon and dominates. The Raptors frontcourt remains injury-plagued aside from OG, and Bagley remains sidelined and Holmes remains a usage monster (as noted above). 

This is in a Yahoo-pro H-2-H league and am currently in the middle of the pack and needed to find someone who could put up top-20 value to help me compete and stay in the playoff hunt. Couldn't take the chance of not knowing if and when my "top" player was ever going to come back and am now putting my stock in Ingram's coming out party and hoping he keeps playing at this level, and hoping everything in my best case scenario plays out as I laid out.  

Anyway, just wanted to give some other Kyrie owners food for thought and give an idea what his trade stock might be at the current moment. Sent out a few other trade proposals but this one was accepted before any of the other owner's responded to those offers.

Edited by ManInTheBox
1 minute ago, ManInTheBox said:

Caught in the Kyrie trap again this year. Pulled off this trade last week to unload him...

I traded:

I received:

Best case scenario: The two players I received maintain their current level of play all-season. Kyrie misses most, if not all ROS. Siakam returns and the emergence of Boucher along with the rest of the healthy Toronto frontcourt render OG below his ceiling, and Bagley gets back to full strength along with other members of the Kings frontcourt cutting into Richaun's usage rate (already trending down on that one, but as a side note, my other C's are Drummond, Randle, Ibaka and T-Bryant on IR).

Worst case scenario: Zion returns and/or the Pelicans are playing for nothing at the end of the season and "rest" comes into play slashing Ingram's value, D-Rose catches the injury bug and/or the Pistons fall out of the playoff picture. Kyrie is back soon and dominates. The Raptors frontcourt remains injury-plagued aside from OG, and Bagley remains sidelined and Holmes remains a usage monster (as noted above). 

This is in a Yahoo-pro H-2-H league and am currently in the middle of the pack and needed to find someone who could put up top-20 value to help me compete and stay in the playoff hunt. Couldn't take the chance of not knowing if and when my "top" player was ever going to come back and am now putting my stock in Ingram's coming out party and hoping he keeps playing at this level, and hoping everything in my best case scenario plays out as I laid out.  

Anyway, just wanted to give some other Kyrie owners food for thought and give an idea what his trade stock might be at the current moment. Sent out a few other trade proposals but this one was accepted before any of the other owner's responded to those offers.

I wouldn't have done that trade.  Holmes is such a good player, and ranked higher than Ingram.  Not to mention you're giving away Irving for basically nothing.  I'm not that high on Rose, and put him somewhere similar to OG at best.  If I was the other side I take it every time.  Just my opinion who knows that the future holds. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, fantasm said:

guy suffers from diva syndrome like royce white

stay off twitter and social media!!!

Ouch Royce White had an anxiety disorder.  Kyrie is just different.  Maybe years later we'll look back and be like oh that was obvious.  But right now he's just weird. 

26 minutes ago, ManInTheBox said:

I traded:

I received:

Best case scenario: The two players I received maintain their current level of play all-season. Kyrie misses most, if not all ROS. Siakam returns and the emergence of Boucher along with the rest of the healthy Toronto frontcourt render OG below his ceiling, and Bagley gets back to full strength along with other members of the Kings frontcourt cutting into Richaun's usage rate (already trending down on that one with Bag's latest injury, but as a side note, my other C's are Drummond, Randle, Ibaka and T-Bryant on IR).

This was a terrible trade... 
You basically gave Kyrie up for nothing at all.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, ShayAK said:

This was a terrible trade... 
You basically gave Kyrie up for nothing at all.

Ingram, a top-15ish player is nothing at all? And take a look at Rose's latest stat line, and how solidly consistent he's been all-season. Once again, that's nothing? And what has Kyrie done for me, anyone else, or Brooklyn lately? Absolutely nothing. When will he do anything for anyone again? Nobody has a clue. Fantasy isn't always about name value. I laid out my best case scenario, and I hope that plays out. Nobody knows how much, or if Kyrie will play again this season. I am taking a gamble on that. As I said, if he comes back and dominates, I lose. Big. If he sits out ROS or misses a huge chunk of time, I'm okay. Right now, I am in the middle of the pack in a H-2-H league and needed another top-20 player. I also made this trade when Bagley and De'Aaron Fox were both on their way to returning to full strength on the Kings roster, which would obviously cut into Richaun's usage rate and most likely send him to around top-50 value. Obviously if Bagley is hurt again, that assumption goes out the window. My other C's were Drummond, Randle, Ibaka and T-Bryant (who may or may not return like Kyrie), and I also have Markkanen and Kanter, and I needed G/SF help, which was another reason I sent this out. OG puts up monster lines here and there, but is very inconsistent. If he can't put up more consistently solid lines with Siakam injured, it will never happen. I made this trade with the wild guess Kyrie doesn't play again this season, or barely at all, which would have rendered this trade Ingram/Rose for OG and Richaun (with the Kings at full health). Who knows how this plays out..

Edited by ManInTheBox
  • Like 1