NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woah there. Some things are more important than bouncing a rubber up and down. Let the man grief.

I got into an argument with my girlfriend and missed my first three picks. Kyrie was autodrafted. She's lucky I love her, because this is bullshit.

Wow.  Traded Doncic for him.  RIP my season

13 hours ago, dfstout said:

The solution going forward is don't draft him... he's been on my do not draft list for years....talented as any major star but he scores no points from the bench. 

He's missed on average 16 games per year over the last 6 seasons, comparable to most other top players over that period like AD, Steph, KD, PG, Kawhi, Jokic, Embiid, Gobert, Butler, Wall, Dipo, Boogie, CP3 etc. 

Have they all been on your DND list for years too? Must be slim pickings.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, JStyles said:

He's missed on average 16 games per year over the last 6 seasons, comparable to most other top players over that period like AD, Steph, KD, PG, Kawhi, Jokic, Embiid, Gobert, Butler, Wall, Dipo, Boogie, CP3 etc. 

Have they all been on your DND list for years too? Must be slim pickings.

Yea actually  lol

Ive traded for a few but have not drafted any of them except for Boogie five years ago...its been KAT or Drumm for years in my pts league...

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Yea actually  lol

Ive traded for a few but have mot drafted any of them except for Boogie five years ago...its been KAT or Drumm for years in my pts league...

It's tough - every player has a degree of risk of getting injured. There's a reason guys like Giannis, KAT, Lillard etc. get drafted before Kyrie even if their per game potential value is similar. If you have a late 1st rd pick you either got to take an injury risk with Kyrie/Butler/Embiid, or pick someone safer but with a lower ceiling like Jrue. Or in an auction you can get a discount (eg. I got Kyrie for $10 less than Lillard went even though Kyrie has always been a superior per-game producer). 

Most league winners do the former and get lucky, if you play it safe every pick you're usually leaving value on the board. Plus you run the risk of picking a worse player who then gets injured unexpectedly anyway (eg. KAT and Beal getting injured this year).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JStyles said:

It's tough - every player has a degree of risk of getting injured. There's a reason guys like Giannis, KAT, Lillard etc. get drafted before Kyrie even if their per game potential value is similar. If you have a late 1st rd pick you either got to take an injury risk with Kyrie/Butler/Embiid, or pick someone safer but with a lower ceiling like Jrue. Or in an auction you can get a discount (eg. I got Kyrie for $10 less than Lillard went even though Kyrie has always been a superior per-game producer). 

Most league winners do the former and get lucky, if you play it safe every pick you're usually leaving value on the board. Plus you run the risk of picking a worse player who then gets injured unexpectedly anyway (eg. KAT and Beal getting injured this year).

Yeah, you need to take some risks and hope you get lucky, but take too many, then you are basically playing an impossible lottery.  I've never trusted Kyrie thus never went for him.  Unless he was in the 3rd round or selling for 20 dollars then for sure all the risk basically taken out!  Although, I'm thinking next year I'll take him.  Him and KD will be trying to gel and they are going to be healthy and fighting. 

19 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yeah, you need to take some risks and hope you get lucky, but take too many, then you are basically playing an impossible lottery.  I've never trusted Kyrie thus never went for him.  Unless he was in the 3rd round or selling for 20 dollars then for sure all the risk basically taken out!  Although, I'm thinking next year I'll take him.  Him and KD will be trying to gel and they are going to be healthy and fighting. 

As far as I know this is a new injury for Kyrie, so if he ends up having surgery and says he feels great going into next season, there's probably going to be value in targeting him.

2 minutes ago, JStyles said:

As far as I know this is a new injury for Kyrie, so if he ends up having surgery and says he feels great going into next season, there's probably going to be value in targeting him.

As long as that shoulder is like PG's shoulders not like Fultz's shoulder.  Geez can't figure out the grammar for that incomplete sentence.  Whatever 😫

I’ve heard it speculated that the medical team on the Nets felt he needed a certain type of rehab or surgery for his shoulder but Kyrie has a deep mistrust of anything medical so he opted to get his shoulder fixed his way 

Months later his shoulder is worse and will likely require surgery. If he had surgery in November he would almost be back by now but doing surgery now means he’ll be out for the year 

Kyrie is a weird a** dude. Same dude that doesn’t wear fitbits and **** bc he doesn’t want the government to have his vitals. Them dudes usually are paranoid that the medical field always suggests surgeries so they can put metals in ur body too so I can see this being true

Gonna try to package Kyrie w someone who has a terrible playoff schedule like Zach LaVine or some **** and see if I can get back something real good bc I’m expecting for the shoe to drop in a couple weeks that he’s gonna opt for surgery 

I heard the Lion King opening music in my head when I seen that tweet 

I got rejected for Demar, Graham, Morant and even Lonzo goddamn Ball lol trying to shop him yesterday 

Gonna let this piece of news marinate and try to strike again tomorrow 

Edited by kilslo
  • Haha 1

I’ve been without my 1st rd pick for so damn long, essentially I adapted and moved on...in back of my mind not even expecting him back. Wow reading that update feels like Christmas in July. 

• Like 1