Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook


flippy
 Share

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, IDatDude said:


That is damage control trades scenarios, think long term...if they don’t want a headache down the line ahem....during playoffs, they’d opt and go this route, your not dealing with typical a situation here, he was out indefinitely/was considering surgery before these cortisol shots. 
 

Honestly who the hell knows how long the effects will hold up. We could very well be back at square one in couple wks. I prob wouldn’t trade him in this scenario, but I wouldn’t be mad at all if ppl started shipping him out. Personally would be looking at something like Kyrie + trade kicker piece for anybody in 3rd rd ish value. (which I high doubt anybody “competent” would fall for anyways lol) 

I agree. He was impressive in his return, but I still don't like his outlook ROS and wouldn't trade for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ROTY said:

 

Yeah you aint getting anything close to a 1st or 2nd rounder back. I feel like Shai, Morant, FVV type owners may bite but the Jrue, Kemba, Beal owners wont budge (in a non taco league that is)

 

Yeah, I'm in a couple of dynasty leagues. Trading for a a pick and a young prospect is worth it for me. Someone will bite. He's been a headache for me for two years. 

Edited by joshoowah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, simon said:

will wait for about a month before i trade him, to build up his early round value. Maybe around all star break. Critical to move him asap as cortisone shot could wear off, but not too hasty as to not lose too much value.

Funny how mods comment on posts saying "should I drop x for Y" in player threads, yet stuff like this is all over player pages.

smh

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheBoondocks said:

Funny how mods comment on posts saying "should I drop x for Y" in player threads, yet stuff like this is all over player pages.

smh

Lol whats wrong with giving this kind of insight? Everyone here is in concensus that the logical move is to move him asap and get as much value in return. Just mentioned how i would address it. And i didnt even ask for inputs, just mentioned it plain and simple. Totally different from asking “should i drop player x for y”.

 

if anything youre the one not contributing, just posting one of those complaint comments saying all threads here are ****, mods arent doing anything, but im still here reading every single thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t trade kyrie. Y’all tripping.

hes top 10 ros at the worst.

usage should be at an all time high considering he’s Not playing with the Celtics rising stars , or lebron.

there 8 in the east

best fantasy playoff sced 

it would take dame dolla or doncic to get him from me

 

Edited by Simsanityy179
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, simon said:

Lol whats wrong with giving this kind of insight? Everyone here is in concensus that the logical move is to move him asap and get as much value in return. Just mentioned how i would address it. And i didnt even ask for inputs, just mentioned it plain and simple. Totally different from asking “should i drop player x for y”.

 

if anything youre the one not contributing, just posting one of those complaint comments saying all threads here are ****, mods arent doing anything, but im still here reading every single thread

agree.  that's an outlook for Irving.  why can't it be said? 

BTW, I would not trade Irving unless you find a counterparty who wants to value him fully.  Otherwise, might as well hold him for the value.  Unless you personally have no faith in his shoulder, then why draft him anyway since he's quite injury prone as shown this season and in the past.  You know what you were getting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

agree.  that's an outlook for Irving.  why can't it be said? 

BTW, I would not trade Irving unless you find a counterparty who wants to value him fully.  Otherwise, might as well hold him for the value.  Unless you personally have no faith in his shoulder, then why draft him anyway since he's quite injury prone as shown this season and in the past.  You know what you were getting. 

 

There’s a difference between drafting a guy who’s injury prone and holding onto the same guy who was going to get season ending surgery a week ago before a little cortisone shot is now holding him together. Very reasonable to decide to trade him away.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I wouldn’t trade kyrie. Y’all tripping.

hes top 10 ros at the worst.

usage should be at an all time high considering he’s Not playing with the Celtics rising stars , or lebron.

there 8 in the east

best fantasy playoff sced 

it would take dame dolla or doncic to get him from me

 

he may not be playing with another superstar now but any tiny setback from now on could have the nets end his season for surgery again for next season with Durant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, c0penhagen said:

 

There’s a difference between drafting a guy who’s injury prone and holding onto the same guy who was going to get season ending surgery a week ago before a little cortisone shot is now holding him together. Very reasonable to decide to trade him away.

 

 

 

absolutely.  I'm just saying don't trade him away for trash.  If you can get a 30 ranked played i'd do it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, c0penhagen said:

he may not be playing with another superstar now but any tiny setback from now on could have the nets end his season for surgery again for next season with Durant.

I think there’s a 20 percent chance that happens , the other 80 % of me is saying kyrie will go all in proving to the world he can lead a team to playoff success. He’s not gonna quit on this bunch like how he did with the Celtics. Kyrie should be a full go during fantasy playoffs with The nets having one of the best schedules ( 4 game weeks during week 23/24 ) 

 

I Just gave up my cp3 + bledsoe for kyrie in 9cat and I believe that’s an absolute steal.

Edited by Simsanityy179
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, simon said:

When you talked about valuing him fully, you meant top 30?

Nah I mean discounting for injury risk. I think that's a fair trade. But some guys will low-ball Kyrie owners that's all. When he's healthy I think he is a top 5 at worse top 10 guy this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Like I said, just gathering opinion. Obviously Kyrie has higher upside. Lots of people will to take SGA for Kyrie who is top 40 but no injury risk. 

Well,injury risk is hard to tell,just see KAT was ironman before this season:ph34r:🇹🇿

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I think there’s a 20 percent chance that happens , the other 80 % of me is saying kyrie will go all in proving to the world he can lead a team to playoff success. He’s not gonna quit on this bunch like how he did with the Celtics. Kyrie should be a full go during fantasy playoffs with The nets having one of the best schedules ( 4 game weeks during week 23/24 ) 

 

I Just gave up my cp3 + bledsoe for kyrie in 9cat and I believe that’s an absolute steal.

 

You forget the ugly 2 game week , during first week of fantasy playoffs . Week 22 .  So unless you have a bye , it's not that gravy . You low-key gave up alot for Kyrie , but if you believe in him , and think he will go Ham ROS , by all means ... not a bad trade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

You forget the ugly 2 game week , during first week of fantasy playoffs . Week 22 .  So unless you have a bye , it's not that gravy . You low-key gave up alot for Kyrie , but if you believe in him , and think he will go Ham ROS , by all means ... not a bad trade. 

Lmao I forgot about week 22 , 11 games ahead in 1st atm 🤷‍♂️
 

valid point though

Edited by Simsanityy179
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Kyrie is hurt every single year. It's not hard to tell with him. spacer.png

 

God damn , the kid's a walking health clinic . But they could've done without listing the concussion . I would consider that very minor and pretty common in sports . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...