NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woah there. Some things are more important than bouncing a rubber up and down. Let the man grief.

I got into an argument with my girlfriend and missed my first three picks. Kyrie was autodrafted. She's lucky I love her, because this is bullshit.

Wow.  Traded Doncic for him.  RIP my season

Isaiah Thomas once talked about how he had his last injury before retirement, relating to his mentality. When he started to take his mind off, injury happened. Irving doesn’t seem so in tune about leaving legacy in his career. Just frustrating to see him injured so damn often.

16 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Damn, this guy can't get a break.

Au contraire. He's breaking a lot of his body parts. I wanted to bench him so bad coz it was a B2B but no reports he was resting. 

1 minute ago, jclee4 said:

There will be fresh new faces in here next season. Because all the guys in here now will have been burned and he will be on their DND list. I don't draft him anymore because the headache is too much to deal with. But I do visit this thread from time to time to see the fresh new faces. He's such a fun player to own. But he is the DEFINITION of injury prone. Feel bad for him and the guys that draft him.

He is on my DND (1st time owning him); as well as my 2nd and 3rd picks... fell asleep right at the start of our draft... i was last pick and got thrown the leftovers.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fantasick said:

Au contraire. He's breaking a lot of his body parts. I wanted to bench him so bad coz it was a B2B but no reports he was resting. 

He is on my DND (1st time owning him); as well as my 2nd and 3rd picks... fell asleep right at the start of our draft... i was last pick and got thrown the leftovers.

Damn, that's unfortunate. Sorry that happened to you.

Ankle sprains depend a lot if you were able to walk it off or not.

But knee injuries are more complex than that. I injured my knee a few months ago just because of overtraining, there was no single incident where I injured it. Just repetitive force and impact. The next thing I know, I can't play competitive basketball for almost 6 months. 

With all the drama and emotion, I think Kyrie will take care of his body and will be out for at least couple of weeks.

I was lucky enough to be at the game last night and even though not a great game just watching Kyrie play is amazing.  Hopefully the injury isn’t too bad - it didn’t look like much in person but the replay is tough. Gotta be frustrating to own in fantasy but he’s a hell of a talent. Maybe he’ll push to make it back for the all star festivities 

3 hours ago, overtime2000 said:

From the locker room interview with Irving, he doesn’t seem that concerned. But then again, he’s a flat earther, can’t really trust what he says

That is encouraging, but don't forget, Isaac said after his injury that he didn't think he would miss any games. We saw how that went. But still, atleast he didn't sound defeated, meaning that torn ligaments were probably ruled out or atleast deemed unlikely by the feel tests