NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

Anybody concerned with the state of the BK Nets atm? 5-10 record on the season thus far. Not much talent outside of Kyrie, LeVert, Dinwiddie, Prince?

With KD on the shelf until next season I’m afraid they’ll take it easy on Kyrie to have both of their stars healthy for next season. In other words, this is a throwaway season.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woah there. Some things are more important than bouncing a rubber up and down. Let the man grief.

I got into an argument with my girlfriend and missed my first three picks. Kyrie was autodrafted. She's lucky I love her, because this is bullshit.

Wow.  Traded Doncic for him.  RIP my season

Coach Kenny Atkinson said the Nets don't believe Kyrie Irving (right shoulder) can play through his injury right now. Advice: "The shoulder is just sensitive, especially for a point guard," Atkinson said. The coach added that the Nets are not being overcautious, but they want to take the long-term approach on their star PG. This likely means Irving is going to miss additional time, and Atkinson added that he "sincerely doubts" Irving can even practice tomorrow. 

• Like 1
On 11/21/2019 at 7:47 AM, gmoneyb said:

Anybody concerned with the state of the BK Nets atm? 5-10 record on the season thus far. Not much talent outside of Kyrie, LeVert, Dinwiddie, Prince?

With KD on the shelf until next season I’m afraid they’ll take it easy on Kyrie to have both of their stars healthy for next season. In other words, this is a throwaway season.

brooklyn is 6-8 not 5-10 and it's still early in the season..plenty of time to make the playoffs

3 hours ago, durel_arroyo said:

brooklyn is 6-8 not 5-10 and it's still early in the season..plenty of time to make the playoffs

Nets will still make playoffs, the top 6 is set for sure in the east with bucks, philly, raps, celts, heat and pacers. nets are better than the rest of the teams except maybe Orlando, but there is room for both of them to make it. For sure the hornets, bulls, wiz, pistons, hawks, cavs and knicks not making it. so the competition is a joke in the east still. 

6 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

I used my 1st round 6th pick on Kyrie and I still believe he'll produce this season

Maybe time for a buy low?

Try to offer kyrie plus a late rounder for trae or something and maybe have a chance at redeeming your season

Checking this thread to get a pulse of Kyrie owners and it seems some are already frustrated. I was thinking of offering the Kyrie owner with a Trae Young + Prince for his Kyrie and Covington, but i'm having some doubts now. I like the Nets' playoff schedule thats why Im eyeing Kyrie, but the risk of being rested early if they fail to qualify for the playoffs is high. Kyrie owners, are you looking for some trades now or just sitting this out and see how he comes back from the shoulder injury?

Just now, cdrichar said:

Sometimes in life you can't recover from bad decisions :/.

I don't know but everybody is down on him..

Something in me believes that he'll get it going, like come on, before he went down, he was producing 1st round value (ranked 6th actually)

14 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

Checking this thread to get a pulse of Kyrie owners and it seems some are already frustrated. I was thinking of offering the Kyrie owner with a Trae Young + Prince for his Kyrie and Covington, but i'm having some doubts now. I like the Nets' playoff schedule thats why Im eyeing Kyrie, but the risk of being rested early if they fail to qualify for the playoffs is high. Kyrie owners, are you looking for some trades now or just sitting this out and see how he comes back from the shoulder injury?

he's a first rounder when he plays..... he just sits out too many games with a sore vagina.

• Haha 1
Just now, wisegeeks said:

I don't know but everybody is down on him..

Something in me believes that he'll get it going, like come on, before he went down, he was producing 1st round value (ranked 6th actually)

He's excellent 1st round value when he plays, but he's injury prone every season. It's hard to count on him, and it's especially dangerous this year because they may not be a playoff team without Durant.

• Like 1

This is the EAST guys, any team can make the playoffs anytime they want unless you are New York Knicks.

Brooklyn is currently 10-9 and sits at the 7th spot. Milwaukee, Toronto, Boston, Philadelphia and looks like Miami will surely get in.

After that, it's a toss-up. Just choose 3 out of 5 teams between Indiana, Brooklyn, Orlando, Washington, and probably Detroit.

Just count out Atlanta, Cleveland and New York already.

And I'm being fair here since I'm considering Washington will have its chance.

Edited by wisegeeks