NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woah there. Some things are more important than bouncing a rubber up and down. Let the man grief.

I got into an argument with my girlfriend and missed my first three picks. Kyrie was autodrafted. She's lucky I love her, because this is bullshit.

Wow.  Traded Doncic for him.  RIP my season

1. He's top 10 on per game value this year.

2. Atkinson has said he's resumed on-court activities.

3. It's a shoulder impingement, it's not like he has Achilles or knee soreness or something which is likely to be a long-term concern.

4. The Nets will be desperate to keep him happy for when KD returns next season and aren't going to f--- him around.

It would be a very bad idea to try and sell low on him right now.

Edited by JStyles
8 hours ago, JStyles said:

1. He's top 10 on per game value this year.

2. Atkinson has said he's resumed on-court activities.

3. It's a shoulder impingement, it's not like he has Achilles or knee soreness or something which is likely to be a long-term concern.

4. The Nets will be desperate to keep him happy for when KD returns next season and aren't going to f--- him around.

It would be a very bad idea to try and sell low on him right now.

Thank you I needed to hear this lol 

Irving’s situation is frustrating. Been out for almost 3 weeks. Out for at least 2 more games - that does not mean he will be back after 2 games. I’m kinda tempted to accept the trade even though Boston is very stacked. 
My team is also having vucevic, Hayward, DLo as injured players with only 2 IL spots. Should I accept the trade

4 hours ago, csklmf said:

Irving’s situation is frustrating. Been out for almost 3 weeks. Out for at least 2 more games - that does not mean he will be back after 2 games. I’m kinda tempted to accept the trade even though Boston is very stacked. 
My team is also having vucevic, Hayward, DLo as injured players with only 2 IL spots. Should I accept the trade

What trade?

I'd be concerned about a more extended absence for Kyrie. The Nets have a first round pick and it’s top 14 protected. If worse than 14 it’s the Hawks pick. This may be a factor in how things shake out.

18 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

I'd be concerned about a more extended absence for Kyrie. The Nets have a first round pick and it’s top 14 protected. If worse than 14 it’s the Hawks pick. This may be a factor in how things shake out.

Nets are winning more without him so if anything your theory suggests they will rush him back ASAP ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Quazza said:

total speculation on my behalf, but does anyone else think this might be more a mental health issue?

From his long winded post after the Boston chants you can only assume...I'm sure it didn't make it better when people made fun of him for it...

On 12/6/2019 at 7:26 PM, Quazza said:

total speculation on my behalf, but does anyone else think this might be more a mental health issue?

I think the injuries exacerbate the mental health issues.

If he’s not playing he’s vulnerable to criticisms and you’d think he has more time on his hands (due to not playing) which gives more opportunity to ruminate about the critiques and to respond which just makes it worse in a vicious circle.