NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Keep Barkley No Matter What? WHIR

Transitioning one of my leagues (12 team, 1PPR) into a keeper league this year and I have the fortunate problem of options.  Keeping a player will forfeit the pick in the round before where they were originally taken, so a 3rd rounder last year would cost you your 2nd this year, a 2nd rounder would cost you your 1st, and so on.  Anyone drafted after the 7th round would cost you a 6th round pick and you can keep a 1st rounder from last year, it would just cost you this year's 1st and $15 of your FAAB budget.

My keeper options are as follows: 

Saquon Barkley with my 1st + $15

Tyreek Hill with my 2nd

Kerryon Johnson with my 6th

Aaron Jones with my 6th

Edelman with my 6th

Mahomes with my 6th

Despite the value of everyone else, I'm having a hard time not just keeping Barkley.  I have the 7th overall pick this year, and I'd essentially be keeping Saquon at a 6 pick discount and come right back around for another high-impact player in the 2nd round.  Thoughts?

Edited by goincommando

Yeah I agree that's a tough one but I would also keep Barkley here.  The other ones are good values but none of them blow me away as "great values" (eg in my league which has similar rules I kept Conner for a 13th).  Because of that I would go with the slightly good value for a truly elite player in Barkley.

1 minute ago, CawCaw said:

Gotta go with Barkley because of the position. Mahomes is also intriguing, but it has to be Barkley. 

Yeah, it seems to be the no-brainer call.  This being my first experience with keepers in this league is making me second guess...but perhaps I shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, goincommando said:

Yeah, it seems to be the no-brainer call.  This being my first experience with keepers in this league is making me second guess...but perhaps I shouldn't be.

I've also never dealt with keepers and the 6th rounder with Mahomes seems nice, but it all comes back to the RB position for me and the depth of the QB position.

At the end of the day, you can't let go of Barkley. Now, if Johnson or Jones were instead, say, James Conner for a 6th, then that would be a different discussion; however, with the options you have available, you've gotta just keep Barkley and take the FAAB hit. 

FWIW, I would rank them Barkley, Johnson, Hill, Jones, Mahomes, and Edelman (in that order) from a preference standpoint.

Thanks for the help on mine!

makes no sense to me why you would waste ur 1st rd pick on keeper/barkley

you can use that 1st rd pick on a 1st rder and then also get 2-3rd rder (aaron jones) with a 3-4 rd discount.

assuming this is a one keeper league? who do you think will be there at 7? 

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1