Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

4th Overall Pick WHIR


mi26
 Share

Recommended Posts

Who would you take at 4th overall pick? Redraft league 1 pt ppr

 

Debating between David Johnson , bell, Hopkins or Adams? 

 

All rb are risky at this pick.  I’d love to grab Zeke but he is the current bell of 2019 

 

Thoughts ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's tough.  I would probably lean towards Hopkins as well.  However, since it's redraft, I would seriously consider David Johnson.  RB are still difficult to come by, no matter what anyone says.  WR are far more abundant and I think easier to come by.  Especially in PPR which boosts their production a bit.  

If you think there will be a run on RB following your pick, I really might lean towards DJ.

 

Please help with mine, thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in this exact same situation yesterday and I rolled the dice on Zeke... yes he is negotiating his contract and his situation is scary but everything is pointing towards him and the cowboys agreeing on a contract. Gordon on the other hand requested a trade if he does not get the contract that he wants... I say take the chance on Zeke but if you are not feeling Zeke, go with Hopkins.

Help with mine please:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 draft I had last weekend, a team drafted Hopkins at 5 & I took DJ at 6, so we both passed on Zeke. Hope I don't regret that move later. lol!! I do think Zeke signs, so if you draft him, make sure to get Pollard. I think it's a solid gamble.

Main reason I didn't draft him, is I still have a couple of leagues to draft & think I can get him in 1 or 2. Didn't want him in every league, just in case he does sit for a few games.

If worried, no issues going DJ or Hopkins at 4. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

1 draft I had last weekend, a team drafted Hopkins at 5 & I took DJ at 6, so we both passed on Zeke. Hope I don't regret that move later. lol!! I do think Zeke signs, so if you draft him, make sure to get Pollard. I think it's a solid gamble.

Main reason I didn't draft him, is I still have a couple of leagues to draft & think I can get him in 1 or 2. Didn't want him in every league, just in case he does sit for a few games.

If worried, no issues going DJ or Hopkins at 4. Good luck!

 

51 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I'd lean Hopkins since it's full PPR. That being said Zeke would be next up, just make sure to grab Pollard.

 

34 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Hopkins for sure you know he will play the entire season. Zeke won't & will sit on that couch all season long! 

 

7 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Go with Hopkins

 

9 hours ago, Acidious said:

I'd go Hopkins. I know you didn't mention him but don't gamble on Zeke with your first round pick.

 

10 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

That's tough.  I would probably lean towards Hopkins as well.  However, since it's redraft, I would seriously consider David Johnson.  RB are still difficult to come by, no matter what anyone says.  WR are far more abundant and I think easier to come by.  Especially in PPR which boosts their production a bit.  

If you think there will be a run on RB following your pick, I really might lean towards DJ.

 

Please help with mine, thanks.

 

 

12 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

Hopkins for sure...i wanted him at 5th pick but he went 4th in my draft

 

 

 

12 hours ago, ttdc1204 said:

I agree, hopkins as well,  please help with mine

 

 

12 hours ago, goincommando said:

I'd feel most comfortable taking Hopkins.

 

 

 

The issue I'm seeing drafting Hopkins with pick 1 is when my pick 2 comes back around the RB available are damien williams, aaron jones, kerryon johnson, fournette, devonte freeman,  etc.

Some leagues Gurley MIGHT be available. Will these suffice as RB1? Or should I just take another WR like amari cooper, woods, etc.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mi26 said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The issue I'm seeing drafting Hopkins with pick 1 is when my pick 2 comes back around the RB available are damien williams, aaron jones, kerryon johnson, fournette, devonte freeman,  etc.

Some leagues Gurley MIGHT be available. Will these suffice as RB1? Or should I just take another WR like amari cooper, woods, etc.?

How many teams? Sorry if I missed that part of your post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mi26 said:

 12 team 1 pt ppr

In my 10 team, ppr, last weekend, the guy who took Hopkins drafted D Cook in the 2nd. Other RB available were the same ones you have mentioned above: Damien, Fournette, Kerryon, D Freeman, Jacobs. I was able to draft M Gordon in the 6th Rd, then get Ekeler in the 10th. So that is an option as well, if you feel you can get both. 

But if concerned about any of those being your RB1, grab Zeke & just be sure to get Pollard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

In my 10 team, ppr, last weekend, the guy who took Hopkins drafted D Cook in the 2nd. Other RB available were the same ones you have mentioned above: Damien, Fournette, Kerryon, D Freeman, Jacobs. I was able to draft M Gordon in the 6th Rd, then get Ekeler in the 10th. So that is an option as well, if you feel you can get both. 

But if concerned about any of those being your RB1, grab Zeke & just be sure to get Pollard. 

 

Thanks when would pollard need to be drafted you think? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mi26 said:

 

Thanks when would pollard need to be drafted you think? 

Maybe 10th-12 Rd, but probably depends on if your league has teams who may try to block you & pick him up for a trade. To be honest, he is sitting as a FA in our league & I am thinking of dropping Mitch to pick him up. Not sure why the team who has Zeke hasn't picked him up yet? Must be very confident that Zeke signs & plays week 1 or at the latest, week 2. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, mi26 said:

 

Thanks when would pollard need to be drafted you think? 

I was able to get Pollard in the 12th round of my 10 team league.  But I don't have Zeke and took him as a flier.  If I had Zeke I would of taken Pollard in round 7 or 8.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...