NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure that we should doubt someone who dresses like this.  

So, we're all agreed it's Dallas this week and no need to post any other comments for another week, right?

100K pot and had around 2500 people left and 91% of entrees were knocked out yesterday including me. That is 2 years in a row the Saints have knocked me out by losing a game at home, next year I will

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Holy crap - what's the buy in?  

It's $5.00, the winner gets $57,800.00, I won this league (well me an 11 others) 4 years ago. In week 17 we had to pick a winner like in the other weeks, but as a tie breaker you had to pick 5 more teams (not previously picked). As an added difficulty they had to win in order, so if your first tie breaker team lost then you are out. I remember that I picked the Steelers in week 17, they had made the play offs already and rested all their offensive starters. Game went into overtime (at that time I already know I won all my tie breaker games) and CLE had plenty of changes to win, but PIT finally won (a tie counts as a loss).

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Windmill said:

It's $5.00, the winner gets $57,800.00, I won this league (well me an 11 others) 4 years ago. In week 17 we had to pick a winner like in the other weeks, but as a tie breaker you had to pick 5 more teams (not previously picked). As an added difficulty they had to win in order, so if your first tie breaker team lost then you are out. I remember that I picked the Steelers in week 17, they had made the play offs already and rested all their offensive starters. Game went into overtime (at that time I already know I won all my tie breaker games) and CLE had plenty of changes to win, but PIT finally won (a tie counts as a loss).

That’s wild. Glad you’re on Carolina with me this week, since you seem to know what you’re doing. 😂

• Like 1
On 11/25/2019 at 6:33 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

Andy Reid is 17-3 coming off a bye, but if Tyreek is out I’d have trouble taking them.

I had originally pegged Carolina for this week, and they are still my early lean since I had Green Bay slayed for next week.  However, I may have to re-evaluate with the Redskins playing a bit better.

I cannot see the old school dink and dunk Raiders keeping up with BDP.  Pat should torch Raiders like he did the first time. In arrowhead too, I am liking them and CAR early. 

2 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

I cannot see the old school dink and dunk Raiders keeping up with BDP.  Pat should torch Raiders like he did the first time. In arrowhead too, I am liking them and CAR early. 

There is a scenario where the Raiders run all over the Chiefs and keep this game close.  

The Jets were a TERRIBLE matchup for Oakland last week, due to their #1 ranked rush defense. They struggle to stop downfield passing... something the Raiders are terrible at.  Bryan Poole, the Jets slot corner, has actually been really good this year (he actually had a pick 6 last week).  By taking away the Raiders run game and short passes, they stopped every way the Raiders typically succeed on offense.  That, coupled with the cross-country trip & Carr’s usual struggles in cold weather, created the perfect storm for a Jets beat down.

On the other hand, the Chiefs’ biggest weakness is stopping the run (30th in the NFL).  If Oakland can get Jacobs going early and avoid giving up big plays like in the first matchup, we could see a close game.

Tyreek practicing today (and appearing to be on track to play) definitely boosts my confidence in KC this week, but I don’t think this is necessarily a great matchup for the Chiefs.

Because of all this, and the fact that I typically try and avoid Divisional games, is the reason I’m leaning Panthers.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:42 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

There is a scenario where the Raiders run all over the Chiefs and keep this game close.  

The Jets were a TERRIBLE matchup for Oakland last week, due to their #1 ranked rush defense. They struggle to stop downfield passing... something the Raiders are terrible at.  Bryan Poole, the Jets slot corner, has actually been really good this year (he actually had a pick 6 last week).  By taking away the Raiders run game and short passes, they stopped every way the Raiders typically succeed on offense.  That, coupled with the cross-country trip & Carr’s usual struggles in cold weather, created the perfect storm for a Jets beat down.

On the other hand, the Chiefs’ biggest weakness is stopping the run (30th in the NFL).  If Oakland can get Jacobs going early and avoid giving up big plays like in the first matchup, we could see a close game.

Tyreek practicing today (and appearing to be on track to play) definitely boosts my confidence in KC this week, but I don’t think this is necessarily a great matchup for the Chiefs.

Because of all this, and the fact that I typically try and avoid Divisional games, is the reason I’m leaning Panthers.

Skins are playing better of late, atleast the defense is.  I am a little wary of the limited tape on Haskins, and Skins D matchup vs. Allen whos prone to mistakes and dumping the bed.  That said, I am leaning towards GreenBay and Chiefs now. 

9 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Slayton, Shepard, and Barkley aren't exactly chopped liver.  Though I am pretty sure Barkley has been playing hobbled. 

Yeah well they lost to the bears last week.  I’ll be surprised if GB doesn’t steam roll them.  

1 minute ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Chargers in play with lock starting?

I’ve already used them against Miami earlier in the year, but I wouldn’t touch that. Mile High is one of the toughest places to play in the league, and the Broncos ran all over them in LA earlier this season.  

Rivers is playing the worst football of his career, and there are rumors he might even get benched.  I’d stay away.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Well, good luck guys, Kyle Allen did me in.  

It figures my favorite team would be the one to knock me out.  I guess I’ve been a bit too cynical about the Redskins lately.

It's ok man. I unfortunately over thought It and changed to Miami over OAK last minute. I feel your pain!

This week was double pick week for us, and CAR/PHI knocked out most.

Went KC/CHI and KC/GB with my two entries and skirted by.

There were 34 heading into this week. Currently 8 left out of 1300 or so initial entrants... have two of those. Getting interesting, some discussion about splitting the pot.

I'm out too, I still can't believe that CAR lost. In your first two drives you score 14 points, then you still have a change to tie it up and fail to score from the one yard line, unbelievable. This was in the last 4 weeks my sure fire win, other weeks I went back and forwards between teams. I'm glad that I wasn't contemplating between teams, that's the worse if you pick the wrong team.

• 2 weeks later...