NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who ya reaching for?

There are a few guy's I feel really solid about and want them on my team. Here is a few of my guy's I may have to reach to get based on ADP. 12 team ppr.

Chris Carson...maybe 8 spots early (3rd)....i'm assuming Fournette and Kerryon are off the board. I don't like any of the other RB's in this area except David Montgomery. 

David Montgomery..,.10 spots early...Always a risk going with a rookie but he looks so good and the opportunity should be there (3rd)

Miles Sanders......I have  the feeling he will be huge at some point. I may reach if I have two RB's already.

Breida......He's going 99. He is the most no brainer reach as far as I'm concerned. I think the 99 ADP is misleading. I may pull the trigger at 75 since I don't think I'll get him 17 picks later.

Dede Westbrook, Darwin Thompson(If I don't get Breida) Dak Prescott(maybe in the 11th)

Who are some of your guy's and do you agree or disagree with my choices?

Edited by mongidig
  • Like 2
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trey Quinn WR WSH as the last pick in all of my draft. Nobody talking about him. Primary slot receiver and Keenum is a slot slut, he is the QB who throws the most to the slot on average in the NFL

First post and i don't mean to derail but it doesn't seem the site will allow me to create a new topic. so sorta on topic... i do auctions only. so while there might be similarities between

Carson in the bottom if the 3rd assuming fournette is gone

Godwinvor Lockett top of the 4th over the likes of Edelman or Diggs

Possibly Duke in the 5th

Breida

Late Rd targets: Darwin, Pollard, Justin Jackson, Lamar Jackson, Big Ben

Edited by scheibler
6 minutes ago, mongidig said:

There are a few guy's I feel really solid about and want them on my team. Here is a few of my guy's I may have to reach to get based on ADP. 12 team ppr.

Chris Carson...maybe 8 spots early (3rd)....i'm assuming Fournette and Kerryon are off the board. I don't like any of the other RB's in this area except David Montgomery. 

David Montgomery..,.10 spots early...Always a risk going with a rookie but he looks so good and the opportunity should be there (3rd)

Miles Sanders......I have  the feeling he will be huge at some point. I may reach if I have two RB's already.

Breida......He's going 99. He is the most no brainer reach as far as I'm concerned. I think the 99 ADP is misleading. I may pull the trigger at 75 since I don't think I'll get him 17 picks later.

Dede Westbrook, Darwin Thompson(If I don't get Breida) Dak Prescott(maybe in the 11th)

I like your choices but unfortunately I think most of the fantasy community likes them too.  This means their ADPs are climbing rapidly and they won't be "reaches" anymore.

12 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I like your choices but unfortunately I think most of the fantasy community likes them too.  This means their ADPs are climbing rapidly and they won't be "reaches" anymore.

I agree! I've learned to adjust for the disconnect between ADP and when players actually end up going in my drafts. It takes a while for ADPs to fully reflect changes. I thing Breida is a great example of a player who will go much earlier.

Tyreek - i will make him first wr off the board ... speed kills, i need OOMPH! from the 6 hole in a high octane bonus/ppr gig. 

Watson - if he can stay upright he may chuck it over 600 times this year ... a mediocre, at best, running game has now evaporated. 

BMW - think he supplants KA this year, can see 10+ TDs incoming ... plz continue to stay home, Melvin!

Justice Hill - not a believer in Ingram at all, love the looks of this kid in Crabtown. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Tyreek - i will make him first wr off the board ... speed kills, i need OOMPH! from the 6 hole in a high octane bonus/ppr gig. 

Watson - if he can stay upright he may chuck it over 600 times this year ... a mediocre, at best, running game has now evaporated. 

BMW - think he supplants KA this year, can see 10+ TDs incoming ... plz continue to stay home, Melvin!

Justice Hill - not a believer in Ingram at all, love the looks of this kid in Crabtown. 

Hard disagree on Mike Williams. He'll probably perform but there is no way he supplants Keenan Allen as the WR1. Melvin being out helps Keenan way more than MW

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Hard disagree on Mike Williams. He'll probably perform but there is no way he supplants Keenan Allen as the WR1. Melvin being out helps Keenan way more than MW

fair enuff ...

MGIII out is a rising tide for the passing game, which will lift all boats - and there are plenty of vessels out there, what with KA, Beemer, Hunna Henny, Hannibal Ekeler, etc ...

i believe BMW is gonna be to 2019 what JuJu was to 2018 - ascendent superstar talent that will give the top dog tons of agita (difference is he will surpass KA)  

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, mongidig said:

56 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Your guys are pretty much my guys (exceptions being Prescott and Sanders).

Edited by Stratocasters

Josh Jacobs in the 3rd or 4th , too much talent and the kid is a dawg , he’s has that fire In him and all the opportunity, won’t reach to the 2nd round like Matthew berry but definitely the 3rd

58 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Carson in the bottom if the 3rd assuming fournette is gone

Godwinvor Lockett top of the 4th over the likes of Edelman or Diggs

Possibly Duke in the 5th

Breida

Late Rd targets: Darwin, Pollard, Justin Jackson, Lamar Jackson, Big Ben

I agree with all of this except getting Godwin at the top of the 4th wouldn’t be a reach at this point.  

I planned on grabbing Jacobs and/or Montgomery at the 3/4 turn, neither one of them was there, both went early 3rd round in my 12 team, .5ppr.

I reached for Lockett in the early 4th because I knew there was no way he would come back to me at the end of the 5th.

1 hour ago, mongidig said:

I disagree with the process.

I will generally try not to reach. I have a list of targets, guys I like if they fall to me, and I will always try to pick the highest on that list. I will try to avoid reaching.

From your list, I like Carson and Montgomery, but I strongly disagree with some of the others. To each their own of course :)

very similar picks to what you guys mentioned. Been going hard after these guys:

- Chris Carson

-Tyler Lockett

- Tyler Boyd

- Dede Westbrook (my biggest "reach" , been snagging him about 20 spots higher than his ADP) - think he's primed for a really nice season, stars seem to be aligning for him

26 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Darwin Thompson. I feel as if this is the coming. Had an epiphany on the toilet, which is usually where my championships are won from.

best logic in the thread ... im'ma now dump a reach on Derwood - that's a load of points to be had if DWill craps out