NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who ya reaching for?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trey Quinn WR WSH as the last pick in all of my draft. Nobody talking about him. Primary slot receiver and Keenum is a slot slut, he is the QB who throws the most to the slot on average in the NFL

First post and i don't mean to derail but it doesn't seem the site will allow me to create a new topic. so sorta on topic... i do auctions only. so while there might be similarities between

9 minutes ago, Bowman said:

My biggest reach is probably going to be Conner at 5 in my standard 10 team league, assuming Zeke remains unsigned.  I just don't trust DJ, and WRs go a little later in my league.

I'd take him at 4 without Zeke. Fading DJ, too many question marks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MIles Sanders - His talent is undeniable, the bet is the Eagles feel the same.

Miles Boykin -  No one is drafting this guy, and yet he is clearly the best they have on the roster on a rebuild team.  He is 6' 4 and has been fantastic in pre season.  He is certainly on my keeper list.

Courtland Sutton - He is being drafted very low, and is likely a no 1 receiver. Dont sleep on him

Tyler Boyd -   He IS the future, and the Number 1 receiver on that team now.  He is going to be a top 15 receiver this year.   Biggest steal in the draft, and I really should have picked him over Godwin in my draft  ( regret that one- Godwin is still good though)

Donte Moncrief -  This guy slips into Ju Ju Shusters role last year.  Sure, he has been disappointing in the past, but if he only does 75% of what Ju Ju did last year, he is valuable.

Edited by Sivaro
18 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

MIles Sanders - His talent is undeniable, the bet is the Eagles feel the same.

Miles Boykin -  No one is drafting this guy, and yet he is clearly the best they have on the roster on a rebuild team.  He is 6' 4 and has been fantastic in pre season.  He is certainly on my keeper list.

Courtland Sutton - He is being drafted very low, and is likely a no 1 receiver. Dont sleep on him

Tyler Boyd -   He IS the future, and the Number 1 receiver on that team now.  He is going to be a top 15 receiver this year.   Biggest steal in the draft, and I really should have picked him over Godwin in my draft  ( regret that one- Godwin is still good though)

Donte Moncrief -  This guy slips into Ju Ju Shusters role last year.  Sure, he has been disappointing in the past, but if he only does 75% of what Ju Ju did last year, he is valuable.

That high on Boyd huh? At what point in the draft would you snag him?

I was gunning for him as my third pick, but someone reached and snagged him in round 2.  Take that for what you will.  But, HE IS the number 1, and I do not see AJ Green coming back anytime soon.   I have him over guys like Kupp, and even Godwin. The concern about AJ Green is a thing.  But, I do not see it as an issue, his numbers were still good with him back.

He is a super safe bet for weekly solid numbers.

Edited by Sivaro

I never understood the term "reach".  You tell me if I look at player's ADP prior to the season and compare to the end of the season, they will match or even be close to one another?  Shouldnt you just select who you think will be great this year?  I think ADP sucks you in to draft players only because they are around a certain ADP.  I think if you go into the draft not looking at ADP you are going with "thinking outside of the box" strategy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with everyone saying Carson in the 3rd isn't really a reach anymore.  

My reach was for Derrius Guice in the 6th.  I think he'll be really good a few weeks in.  There were some other RB left that I could have taken (and one I should have, but didn't see him there - skipped right over Miles Sanders), but I passed over Lamar Miller (pre-injury), Tarik Cohen, Latavius, Drake, and Ekeler, who, including Sanders, were all drafted between when I chose Guice and when I came up again at the turn nearly two rounds later (I had the 12th position in a 12-team league).  Could have also gotten Duke, but he was still there when I came up again and didn't get him.  

My draft isn't until this upcoming Thursday and the player I am set out to reach for is TE Hunter Henry. I feel he is set to get up into that Top Tier TE level this season.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I like your choices but unfortunately I think most of the fantasy community likes them too.  This means their ADPs are climbing rapidly and they won't be "reaches" anymore.

Welcome to my draft list...

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Chubbs ADP is 1.06. 

Bold. So bold.

His actual ADP is a little closer to 1.10

He’s been my primary reach guy this season as well, got him slated at 6 on my draft board and he seems to be falling to me anytime I draft between 8-10. Already own him in 2 leagues and have another draft upcoming where I’m at 9.

Glad to see so many others are believing the Chubb hype! I’m all in on this Browns offense and wouldn’t be shocked if he finished in top 3-5 for RBs.

1 hour ago, JDE said:

He’s been my primary reach guy this season as well, got him slated at 6 on my draft board and he seems to be falling to me anytime I draft between 8-10. Already own him in 2 leagues and have another draft upcoming where I’m at 9.

Glad to see so many others are believing the Chubb hype! I’m all in on this Browns offense and wouldn’t be shocked if he finished in top 3-5 for RBs.

from an S.I. piece:

>>>>>> Once he took over as the starter, Chubb averaged 17.6 carries per game, including at least 18 carries in seven of 10 games. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry and had 20 receptions for 149 yards and two touchdowns. For the season, Chubb had 192 carries for 996 yards (5.2 yards per carry) with eight touchdowns. According to Pro Football Focus, Chubb was first in elusive rating, first in yards after contact per attempt and tied for second in fantasy points per snap among running backs with at least 125 carries in 2018.

While he wasn't heavily involved in the passing game, Chubb showed the ability to catch the football. With Duke Johnson traded to the Texans, Chubb should see more targets in the passing game early in the season and Browns running back coach Stump Mitchell said that would be the case <<<<<<

KID IS GONNA GO BOOMBOOMBOOM - get on or get lost!

FULL CHUBBY!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JDE said:

1.06 on FFC as well as closer to his spot in actual drafts.