NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who ya reaching for?

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

FAIL on that with theJackson involvement. 

oooffffaahhhh!

I don't think so, Jackson will have a role of course but Ekeler will have a rushing role and the third down work. Anyway, I'm hoping Gordon comes back within the first four games.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trey Quinn WR WSH as the last pick in all of my draft. Nobody talking about him. Primary slot receiver and Keenum is a slot slut, he is the QB who throws the most to the slot on average in the NFL

First post and i don't mean to derail but it doesn't seem the site will allow me to create a new topic. so sorta on topic... i do auctions only. so while there might be similarities between

Just now, XG87 said:

I don't think so, Jackson will have a role of course but Ekeler will have a rushing role and the third down work. Anyway, I'm hoping Gordon comes back within the first four games.

fair enuff ... just saying that peace of mind gonna be tough if Gordo sits awhlie - hope it all works out for ya, i think MGIII is a full GO by week 2 - Ekeler will prolly have the better game over Jackson vs the Colts run D in week one ... can see a handful of receptions, especially if #13 is in absentia.

I reached for Lamar Jackson as a back up to Aaron Rodgers in the first standard draft. The Qb tds are only 4pts and 1 point per 25 yards passing. But rushing is 1 pt per 10 yards. I am assuming this will help vault Jackson to the top 10 and maybe even top 5. But who the hell knows...

52 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I reached for Lamar Jackson as a back up to Aaron Rodgers in the first standard draft. The Qb tds are only 4pts and 1 point per 25 yards passing. But rushing is 1 pt per 10 yards. I am assuming this will help vault Jackson to the top 10 and maybe even top 5. But who the hell knows...

could've reached even lower for Josh Allen (#1 scoring qb thru weeks 11-17 last year) - think he blows Lamar out the water. 

1 hour ago, herschel said:

A reach for Carson at this point would be early 2nd round or higher.  Where did you take him?

3rd round imo is reaching by definition ... I think he’s a solid rb1 so I see value it wasn’t a “reach” for me 

his ADP puts him round 4 from what I’ve seen though but I didn’t wanna risk it

Edited by Asapjoshy
8 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

3rd round imo is reaching by definition ... I think he’s a solid rb1 so I see value it wasn’t a “reach” for me 

his ADP puts him round 4 from what I’ve seen though but I didn’t wanna risk it

3rd round isn't "reaching" anymore.  His 4th round ADP is only there because it used to be in the 5th or 6th.  It's been steadily climbing for the past two weeks.  When I drafted last weekend, his ADP was in the 5th, so the fact that it's up to the 4th now tells you that he's being drafted in the 3rd pretty regularly.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I did the same with Kyler Murray.  Those rushing yards are like throwing for an extra 2000.  Just hope I never want to use him.

32 minutes ago, smccague123 said:

Cooper Kupp late fourth round.  Was WR2 before he went down with injury. 

Kupp at 4th is pretty normal range.  Not sure if that is a reach.

I took him in the third, and that would be considered a reach.  But, I am also in a keeper league so ADP gets skewed a bit ( 3 keepers per year)  In general that means at the very least your picks need to move up 1 full round.

Edited by Sivaro

First post and i don't mean to derail but it doesn't seem the site will allow me to create a new topic.

so sorta on topic...

i do auctions only. so while there might be similarities between who you reach for in snake, it's otherwise vastly different.

those that do auctions - who are you willing to 'over pay' for based on going rates?

i'll start 

1. Been overpaying for Montgomery/Carson/Jacobs in mocks the past month. The fantasy world has caught up. That said, i'd still 'overpay' for Montgomery.

14-team league - i'd go as high as $35-$40 for Mont. $32 for Jacobs. $$28 for Carson (i believe his catches will go up, but i'm still dubious).

the virtues of DMont (pros and cons) have been beaten to death in his outlook thread, so i won't be redundant. obviously i'm a believer.

2. I'm overpaying for Odell all day, every day. Up to $58. If he underperforms he's a Top 10 guy. If he overperforms he could set records. 

3. Mike Evans goes criminally low. Here's the difference between 'overpaying' and the current values being completely jacked. He's going around $40. The dude did 1,500 yards last year and has never been under 1k in his career. Y'all can take the Chris Godwin hype and gtfo. Evans will still be the boss in an offense that's going to be trailing often. 

IMO, i'm not overpaying. IMO, the preseason value is completely whacked. Evans is a $45-$55 player every single season until proven otherwise. 

4. Late Value WR Plays

Provided some newb/moron doesn't nominate AJ Green within the first 80 picks, he's going to go when money is scarce. There will be 2 or 3 with the cash to pay. I will be one of them. And i'll gladly pay $10ish for a guy, that on a per game basis, is a difference maker. 

I'm also targeting Geronimo Allison for what should be a $1 pickup.

*Sorry if i derailed. Mods - by all means - move this to a new thread of 'Auction Values' or some such thing. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, whadeeb said:

reaching for guice cause im a skins fan.

But where?  I reached for him at 6.1 in a 12-team PPR league. I may have been able to get him at the next turn 23 picks later, but he may not have been there, and RB were becoming scarce. 

9 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I got Rogers and Lamar as well. Please tell me you are starting Lamar over Rogers week 1

16 Team League -- Pick 15

**NOTE** Other would consider these two Picks reaches...not me.

Marlon Mack - with the 18th Overall Pick (2nd Round) -- owned him last year, once he got healthy he quickly earned 'my guy' status, so I had to have him on the squad once again over the other RBs at that position (Mixon, Fournette, Aaron Jones, Damien Williams, Derrick Henry). Plus there was no way he was making it back in a 16T. Some may disagree. Don't care.

Josh Gordon - Admitted JG Fan Boy. Yes I have problems, and enjoy self-inflicted pain, but there was NO WAY I was letting him slip as far down the "expert" rankings without getting him -- Pick 47, End of 3rd (also picked Melvin Gordon two picks later - Back-to-Back Gordons).

It  went:

• Robert Woods
  • Chris Godwin
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Josh Gordon -- pick 47, 3rd
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Sony Michel
  • Melvin Gordon -- pick 50, 4th
  • Mike Williams
  • Cooper Kupp
  • Phillip Lindsay
  • Calvin Ridley
  • Tyler Locket
  • Tyler Boyd

Believe I got Josh Gordon exactly where I should have -- once again, like Mack...he wasn't getting back to me so you pull the trigger despite what the 'experts' think.

Other's more of Target's that Reaches:

Dede Westbrook - 79th Overall, 6th Round

Miles Boykin - 175th Overall, 11th Round

Darren Waller - 207th Overall, 13th Round

Full Team below for reference.....

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Athebaby7 said:

I got Rogers and Lamar as well. Please tell me you are starting Lamar over Rogers week 1

So you guys got 2 Qb’s in the first ten rounds of your draft? That does not seem like a good idea...go all in on Lamar and get quality players at skill positions 

19 hours ago, Athebaby7 said:

How did you know? I like his matchup better than Rodgers vs Chicago line. They are projected about even. But I drew top guy in league according to projections. So go big and got rest of season to recover if I am wrong. Nothing that scary about Miami d for me.

i mean I drew first week match up against projected top other fantasy manager. 

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
Explain my match up
  • Like 1