Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside 2019 Outlook


pushaZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, kball09 said:

I was looking at him but

1) I don't feel comfortable enough to start him this week

2) If I can't start him this week he either plays well and I can start him next week *maybe*, but that's likely the max with Alshon/Djax coming back.

So, maybe a good dart throw but I wouldn't pass up someone with season long potential for him.

Never assume a rookie with playing time doesn't have season long potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I think he has a strong chance to pass Alshon definitely. Alshon sucks

 

I think we are past the point of arguing now :) This is just fantasy land.

IF, big if, the Eagles can support 3 WRs (and Ertz) then I think JJ can rise to the #3 and have value. But other than this week you are going to need ongoing injuries to Djax/Alshon for him to have value in redrafts IMO.

Edited by kball09
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kball09 said:

 

I think we are past the point of arguing now :) This is just fantasy land.

IF, big if, the Eagles can support 3 WRs (and Ertz) then I think JJ can rise to the #3 and have value. But other than this week you are going to need ongoing injuries to Djax/Alshon for him to have value in redrafts IMO.

Alshon hasn't had an 1,000 yard season since 2014, hes played 16 games once since 2014, he's already hurt and if you listen to Dr. Jesse Morse's opinion instead of the medically illiterate beat writers you'd realize his condition is worse than is let on. You're crazy if you trust him.

Agholor has never once cleared 800 receiving yards in his 5 year career and has had only one season with more than 4 touchdowns.

Arcega-Whiteside has excellent raw talent and if the Eagles keep playing the way that they have been they're going to have to make some serious adjustments to their game plan. But then again I only live in fantasy land where trends are a thing and 29 year old players aren't guaranteed to be consistent producers forever...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Alshon hasn't had an 1,000 yard season since 2014, hes played 16 games once since 2014, he's already hurt and if you listen to Dr. Jesse Morse's opinion instead of the medically illiterate beat writers you'd realize his condition is worse than is let on. You're crazy if you trust him.

Agholor has never once cleared 800 receiving yards in his 5 year career and has had only one season with more than 4 touchdowns.

Arcega-Whiteside has excellent raw talent and if the Eagles keep playing the way that they have been they're going to have to make some serious adjustments to their game plan. But then again I only live in fantasy land where trends are a thing and 29 year old players aren't guaranteed to be consistent producers forever...

 

Alshon would have easily had 1000 if he played a full season last year. Like I said, injury will allow him an opening. I also said he can rise to #3 but I doubt the Eagles can support that many fantasy viable receivers. #readingcomprehension

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, kball09 said:

 

Alshon would have easily had 1000 if he played a full season last year. Like I said, injury will allow him an opening. I also said he can rise to #3 but I doubt the Eagles can support that many fantasy viable receivers. #readingcomprehension

But he didn't play a full season did he

Not going to this year either. 

Every single high upside "unproven" player has some poster with all of your same "I don't see it happening" comments, ignoring the coach's plans and off-season design (and definitely ignoring preseason), talking about why he shouldn't be stashed on your bench and why you should pick up some two week rental that's been floating on wires for years. Thank the good Lord for this mentality or I'd never be able to right the ship on the years my team stumbles out the gate.

JJ is going to be a name you wish you had when you had the chance. Is it this year? Maybe maybe not. That's what your bench is for.

I know one thing for sure, I have no need for Nelson Agholor, and I didn't even think of wasting a mid round pick on Alshon Jeffery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, id10t said:

This guy is 100% worthless if Jeffrey or D-Jax are on the field.

That said, neither of those guys have ever even heard of durability.

He was worthless even before that.

 

This thread is only active because of one person pushing his narrative. He has almost 2 games of film with nothing to show for it besides a dropped game tying pass. He was 5th on the depth chart for a reason. Not horrible to hold for dynasty though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm a big eye test guy and usually have a good feeling for the WR position. I thought JJAW would immediately have a RZ role or be used as a 3rd down chain mover. Strong hands, makes up for lack of twitch with subtle route running, smoothly glides downfield and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Surprisingly good after catch as well, very physical.

I guess JJAW riding the pine has to do with the mental aspect and adjusting to the speed of the pro game. A crucial 4th & 15 drop in week 2 or 3 didn't help, although it wasn't an easy catch by any means. But if he caught it, they would've probably went on to win the game.

He dominated in preseason - which doesn't mean much per se - but at least it shows he can play. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a big thing next season. Definitely a sleeper worth adding in dynasty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Exactly what I mean. He has all the ingredients to be a successful WR. His time will come.

However, I was never a fan of Wentz. Never understood the hype. He was part of a great offensive scheme, as evidenced by Nick Foles taking over and leading them to a championship. Wentz isn't consistent enough in his reads and has some minor mechanical flaws that lead to a few missed opportunities each game. Obviously still a good QB, but I think we've seen his best already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...