NBC Sports Edge Forums

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Nobody will get opportunities because they won't have Luck.

Just a ridiculous, lazy take.

The Giants had Eli Manning and a HORRIBLE O-line. How did Saquan do? Oh....#1 fantasy RB. OBJ WR15 despite missing 4 games.

Bengals played Driskel for 9 gms with that junk line. Mixon RB11. Boyd WR17

Miami Dolphins....They suck......Drake RB14

The Colts O-line is arguable the best in the league. There defense is soild and Bill Belichick drafted Brissett, so....Mack will have opportunities.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 2
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think I've finally got my bearings with this group, although I include Sony Michel as well: 1. LFournette - I don't think he belongs in the tier with these other guys.  Top 5 overall draft pick,

I agree its tough to gauge and I think a convincing argument could be made for any of these guys to be first and for some  drop them out of the group entirely.    Aaron Jones: I think he has

Whoa! mock drafts? Game changer.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

The Giants had Eli Manning and a HORRIBLE O-line. How did Saquan do? Oh....#1 fantasy RB. OBJ WR15 despite missing 4 games.

The Colts O-line is arguable the best in the league. There defense is soild and Bill Belichick drafted Brissett, so....Mack will have opportunities.

Do you think Mack is a comparable talent to Mixon, Barkley, and OBJ?  

Transcendent talents can overcome bad situations and Mack is not that imo.  I still like him as a RB3 because that OL is good but he’s not in that round 3/4 tier anymore.

12 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Do you think Mack is a comparable talent to Mixon, Barkley, and OBJ?  

Transcendent talents can overcome bad situations and Mack is not that imo.  I still like him as a RB3 because that OL is good but he’s not in that round 3/4 tier anymore.

I think mack is still late 3rd to anywhere in the 4th. We will all look back and many people will regret taking someone like Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram or Fournette over Marlon Mack. Mack has enough talent to succeed behind that line. The team still has a lot of weapons around him and a defense that will allow them to keep things close.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Most of Mack's production came when the Colts were winning. There simply won't be as many opportunities without Luck unless Brissett is a lot better than we think. I like Mack but he needs to be downgraded.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Most of Mack's production came when the Colts were winning. There simply won't be as many opportunities without Luck unless Brissett is a lot better than we think. I like Mack but he needs to be downgraded.

Or....They decide to utilize their strength, O-line, and put the emphasis on the run game.

His production did come when the Colts were winning. Up by two TDs to be exact......YET

despite the fact that teams knew they were going to run to kill the clock, they still couldn't stop him. 

17 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Well, yes. But on the other hand, with him they went 10-2, so there's that.

image.png.4cc4445f12cd2036c43535504f86e767.png

Damien Williams has the highest upside but man it’s a scary floor. Wouldn’t hate the idea of taking him and making sure you get Darwin Thompson. I like Jacobs the most. After that it’s meh. I’d take Ingram, Michel or Duke Johnson over a lot of these guys. Aaron Jones is fine but is being taken too high IMO.

It seems Fournette is going higher than this tier though. He’s going higher than Freeman and Kerryon according to FFC. I’d rank both of those guys high if considered part of this tier.

Edited by jsch08
26 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Or....They decide to utilize their strength, O-line, and put the emphasis on the run game.

His production did come when the Colts were winning. Up by two TDs to be exact......YET

despite the fact that teams knew they were going to run to kill the clock, they still couldn't stop him. 

Vegas has the Colts now at 6.5 wins this year. It doesn't appear they will be in a lot of kill the clock situations. Andrew Luck would have kept more drives alive thus creating more yardage/scoring situations for Mack. Defenses can cheat in order to stop the run more because they don't fear Brisset nearly as much in the passing game as they would Luck. Nyheim Hines is the guy that should benefit from Lucks injury.

Edited by mongidig
10 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Damien Williams has the highest upside but man it’s a scary floor. Wouldn’t hate the idea of taking him and making sure you get Darwin Thompson. I like Jacobs the most. After that it’s meh. I’d take Ingram, Michel or Duke Johnson over a lot of these guys. Aaron Jones is fine but is being taken too high IMO.

I think Williams is scary. You never know how Reid is gonna utilize his RB's in any particular game. I think a guy who isn't blessed with elite athletic ability is gonna have a short leash. He is in a great situation but I would pass on him for guy's with better petigree.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Defenses can cheat in order to stop the run more

10 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Do defenses stack the box when their opponents are up by two TDs and eating clock?

I see your argument. It's the obvious assumption. It may end up being correct BUT...there are other narratives that are more than possible and supported by fact

not lazy assumption.

Brissett sucked in '17. So did the O-line, hence, Luck retiring from getting killed every year.

The line is arguably the best in the league, now. ALL QBs in the NFL are good (they are in the NFL) ALL QBs in the NFL can make throws when they have no pressure. 

Brissett has a good arm and is a competitor. Take the over on wins.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Do defenses stack the box when their opponents are up by two TDs and eating clock?

I see your argument. It's the obvious assumption. It may end up being correct BUT...there are other narratives that are more than possible and supported by fact

not lazy assumption.

Brissett sucked in '17. So did the O-line, hence, Luck retiring from getting killed every year.

The line is arguably the best in the league, now. ALL QBs in the NFL are good (they are in the NFL) ALL QBs in the NFL can make throws when they have no pressure. 

Brissett has a good arm and is a competitor. Take the over on wins.

The guy's who set the odds in Vegas are no dummies. The Colts went from a 10 win over under to 6.5. Whats made the difference? There may be a lot of good QB's but it's not like this is a next man up situation. Luck was a top 3 or 4 QB.

Edited by mongidig