NBC Sports Edge Forums

Week 1 WR Start Help WHIR

I think it's probably a wash.  However, Dede is up against the Chiefs secondary, which has not looked particularly good this preseason. I'd split the risk and go with DeDe.

Good luck.

I'm coming down on the Westbrook side, too. The only guaranteed points you're getting are from Julio. There is nothing guaranteed from Westbrook or Ridley, even if you start both Julio and Ridley. This is very much a matchup-oriented question right now.

- Westbrook is the WR1 for Jax...Ridley is at best the second option for Atl. 

- Westbrook is going against KC secondary...Ridley is going against Minny. 

- Westbrook's offense will likely have to air the ball out to keep up...Ridley's offense may not have to. 

Thoughts on mine?

38 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm coming down on the Westbrook side, too. The only guaranteed points you're getting are from Julio. There is nothing guaranteed from Westbrook or Ridley, even if you start both Julio and Ridley. This is very much a matchup-oriented question right now.

- Westbrook is the WR1 for Jax...Ridley is at best the second option for Atl. 

- Westbrook is going against KC secondary...Ridley is going against Minny. 

- Westbrook's offense will likely have to air the ball out to keep up...Ridley's offense may not have to. 

Thoughts on mine?

So essentially I should only start Julio and Ridley when it’s a very good matchup?