NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Ryansm11

Drafted the Saints, but both Denver and Seattle are on the wire in better matchups IMO (but it's close).  Saints play Rams on the road week 2 so prob won't be rolling with them beyond week 1.  Saints a better play over Denver or Seattle?  My week 1 opponent has Balt who's gonna destroy the fish so I want to counter as best I can.

18 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Drafted the Saints, but both Denver and Seattle are on the wire in better matchups IMO (but it's close).  Saints play Rams on the road week 2 so prob won't be rolling with them beyond week 1.  Saints a better play over Denver or Seattle?  My week 1 opponent has Balt who's gonna destroy the fish so I want to counter as best I can.

Seattle is probably the safest option. Andy Dalton on the road in Seattle is a recipe for disaster.

1 hour ago, bookofalamo28 said:

Seattle is probably the safest option. Andy Dalton on the road in Seattle is a recipe for disaster.

Wondering how much of an impact Clowney will have as well.  Houston gives up a lot of sacks - or they did last year, but they just added Tunsil...

On 9/2/2019 at 4:20 AM, Mr_Baller said:

"Drafted Texans and I am looking for a week 1 option. Broncos, Lions, Bills, Browns, Hawks available. Would go with Browns or Hawks.. Any thoughts?"

I think you've narrowed it down nicely. Cleveland & Seattle both added, play at home, are really charged, going against offenses that were, whatever last year.  

5 minutes ago, mlrush said:

Well ..

Somehow Dallas, Browns, Eagles, & Hawks are all on the wire.. Im leaning towards the Browns . . Advice?

Dallas should be a solid option for first 3 weeks

Browns solid first 2 weeks

Eagles and Hawks only week 1 from the looks of it

Don't sleep on Detroit for the first 2 weeks:

Week 1 @ARI - top-5 front-7 going against a bottom-5 o-line with a rookie QB... should be absolute chaos.  I damn near want to guarantee a defense TD in this game.

Week 2 vLAC - home opener, no Melvin and no Okung.  If Detroit shows well in week 1, I'm firing them up again.

Also really liking Seattle at home week 1 against a weak Cincinnati team traveling west.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Don't sleep on Detroit for the first 2 weeks:

Week 1 @ARI - top-5 front-7 going against a bottom-5 o-line with a rookie QB... should be absolute chaos.  I damn near want to guarantee a defense TD in this game.

Week 2 vLAC - home opener, no Melvin and no Okung.  If Detroit shows well in week 1, I'm firing them up again.

Also really liking Seattle at home week 1 against a weak Cincinnati team traveling west.

Good call with Seattle. Not sure why i wasn't really looking at them. Do you like them over the Cowboys for week 1?

11 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Good call with Seattle. Not sure why i wasn't really looking at them. Do you like them over the Cowboys for week 1?

Dallas isn't a bad option by any means, but Seattle is for sure the better streamer IMO. 

Seattle has the better defense, better home field advantage, and Cincinnati is definitely a weaker opponent than NYG. 

Everyone seems on board with Seattle which is great BUT do you like seattle over the Chargers? No luck and at home... I also have Badgley, not that it matters but where is the love for the kickers?

I see roto has limited rankings to a subscription along with most other stats, looks like ill be on this forum a lot less than before. Good luck everyone.

I picked up Denver D based solely on Bradley Chubb. I was reading what the coaches and players were saying about him and it sounds like he’s going to take a big leap forward this year. Von and him are going to eat, causing potential turnovers and defensive scores. I drafted Chicago last year for Mack so I’m sticking to that formula. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to 2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread
  • tonycpsu unpinned this topic