NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have the space for two defenses, you got to love the NYJ/PIT stack ROS:   8: MIA 9: MIA 10: NYG 11: WAS/CLE 12: OAK/CIN 13: CIN/CLE 14: MIA/ARI 15:

Im officially a moron

FML

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Good points about Indy. Indy or Denver, that is the question.

There are actual good weapons in Carolina, and Indy has been exploited by the pass.

Det has a bunch of scrubs and Golladay. Plus a dome team traveling into the elements...think this is an easy one

18 minutes ago, mtx said:

+1

Just did that myself in 3 leagues

Any chance CMC sits out this game?? Carolina is done now.....not making playoffs

they were already mathematically out of the playoffs last week and he played. FWIW he sat week 17 last year so hopefully the same again this year

38 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Good points about Indy. Indy or Denver, that is the question.

This is not even a debate. Denver without question. Grier is still a 3rd round pick so comes with some pedigree. Carolina still has CMC, Moore, and Samuel. Detroit meanwhile has David Blough passing to Golladay (who will be covered by Harris) and a bunch of nobodies going INTO Denver with Von Miller wrecking havoc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Denver hosting Detriot or Baltimore at Cleveland?

Baltimore has been solid all year long and Cleveland has nothing to play for and a mutiny going on, however they still have. ODBJ, Landry, NJoku, etc. They seem dangerous. Leaning towards Denver. 

CLE is in disarray, and are sure to be down big early & needing to sling it. I'd be starting BAL with confidence this week.

How does everyone feel about the Falcons this week hosting Jacksonville? Minshew has been meh, usually good for at least two sacks and possibly some turnovers. Falcons playing the season out strong for their coach.

Also what do we think of KC vs Chicago? Does Chicago pack it in? 

21 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Baltimore D @ Cleveland 

Denver D vs Detroit 

I'm debating the exact same thing.

Baltimore didn't having a great showing in what should've been a smash spot against the Jets last week.  Cleveland has talent on offense and in terms of points allowed to defenses they've done pretty well the past 7 games with the only blip really being the Steelers.  Basically they've seemed to take care of the ball better since Hunt has been activated on Baker hasn't been making the same bone head plays he was making earlier in the year.  And they did put up a lot of points against the Ravens earlier this year.

Denver isn't a great team but Detroit has been floundering the past few weeks.  It's really hard to see Detroit putting up more than 20 points in that game or really moving the ball much.  I also like that they're at home against a dome team in what could be a frigid game.

Basically, I'm feeling like Denver is probably the safer play but the Ravens could be a bigger ceiling play just because the Browns have the potential to be chucknig the ball around more and maybe yielding more chances for sacks and INT's.  But the Browns also have a better offense.

I think maybe it depends a little on your scoring.  In one of my leagues points allowed and yards allowed mean nothing...It's all sacks, turnovers and TD's.  I may lean toward the Ravens in that one.  In my other league though it heavily awards points allowed and yards allowed, so I may lean toward Denver in that one.

But I don't know yet lol.

Edited by tts42572
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I'm debating the exact same thing.

Baltimore didn't having a great showing in what should've been a smash spot against the Jets last week.  Cleveland has talent on offense and in terms of points allowed to defenses they've done pretty well the past 7 games with the only blip really being the Steelers.  Basically they've seemed to take care of the ball better since Hunt has been activated on Baker hasn't been making the same bone head plays he was making earlier in the year.  And they did put up a lot of points against the Ravens earlier this year.

Denver isn't a great team but Detroit has been floundering the past few weeks.  It's really hard to see Detroit putting up more than 20 points in that game or really moving the ball much.  I also like that they're at home against a dome team in what could be a frigid game.

Basically, I'm feeling like Denver is probably the safer play but the Ravens could be a bigger ceiling play just because the Browns have the potential to be chucknig the ball around more and maybe yielding more chances for sacks and INT's.  But the Browns also have a better offense.

I think maybe it depends a little on your scoring.  In one of my leagues points allowed and yards allowed mean nothing...It's all sacks, turnovers and TD's.  I may lean toward the Ravens in that one.  In my other league though it heavily awards points allowed and yards allowed, so I may lean toward Denver in that one.

But I don't know yet lol.

My opponent has New England D so I'm looking for biggest upside and thats the Ravens imo but I do like Denver at home vs this Detroit team even with KJ back at RB. We do get points for Kick Return yards so thats a factor also. Ive made it to the ship 3 years in a row, hoping to win my 3rd in a row (BIG $$$) ... atleast I am fortunate to see what NE does Saturday before I make my final decision.  

18 hours ago, mtx said:

+1

Just did that myself in 3 leagues

Any chance CMC sits out this game?? Carolina is done now.....not making playoffs

Have seen no indication CMC would sit so don't think it's happening.

That said, if I were a coach on that team he'd probably be playing limited snaps at least.  They have ZERO to gain by playing him and pounding him in the ground.  

If he goes out there and blows out an ACL or something, they'll be kicking themselves for sure for playing him in a meaningless game.

8 hours ago, Greg83 said:

CLE is in disarray, and are sure to be down big early & needing to sling it. I'd be starting BAL with confidence this week.

They also put up 40 against Baltimore THIS YEAR giving them negative points, yes different team with peters. However obj, landry, mayfield, hunt, chubb, njoku > galloday away.

Would like to think Jets are a great option but im not coming off the Pats now. At home against Josh Allen who they roasted earlier in the year. I say that because Pitt has a chance to clinch the playoffs winning out. I think Pitt trys to manage the game and come away with a win by running and very short, quick released passes. Pitts D is good enough to hold the Jets also which makes me believe itll be a managed running game.

Anyways, gl to you guys.

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I’ve been riding with Baltimore defense for weeks and they are @ Cleveland this week for a decent matchup.

Also was able to grab Denver at home vs Detroit - led by David Blough. 

What is the better start? 

CLE is prob more like a plus matchup, it might not be quite as good as DEN matchup this week, but it seems like the ravens are just a much better unit too?

I think we forget how much a D/ST is also affected by the teams offense, BAL is a great example of how their offense being so dominant really helps the D/ST.

25 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

CLE is prob more like a plus matchup, it might not be quite as good as DEN matchup this week, but it seems like the ravens are just a much better unit too?

I think we forget how much a D/ST is also affected by the teams offense, BAL is a great example of how their offense being so dominant really helps the D/ST.

I agree Baltimore is definitely the better defense and should probably go with them but Denver has an unreal matchup, Blough is trash. 

Baltimore also disappointed last week against the Jets. They will be well rested after playing the Thursday night game last week.

25 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

In a 16 teamer where way too many teams feel the need to roster two Ds, I am left to decide between the Saints D/ST on the road v TEN or the Falcons unit at home versus Jags...anyone rolling out the ATL D/ST in the title game?

Saints D looked solid on Monday but I’d avoid them against Tannehill right now. Atlanta’s numbers were inflated last week from a defensive TD on the last play of the game but they did quite well overall vs San Fran so they could be a solid play vs Jax.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:38 AM, Nyblazer11235 said:

How does everyone feel about the Falcons this week hosting Jacksonville? Minshew has been meh, usually good for at least two sacks and possibly some turnovers. Falcons playing the season out strong for their coach.

Also what do we think of KC vs Chicago? Does Chicago pack it in? 

I picked up Falcons last night.  I agree with your observations.  They've been much better.  Will be deciding between them and the Giants against Redskins.