NBC Sports Edge Forums

GL Vultures - Who ya got?

9 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Lamar Jackson gonna vulture from Mark Ingram

Ingram lock for top 15 rb this year, have him as my flex 💪🏻 and if he gets 15 or more carries a game he’s in the top 10 will be fun to watch all the haters on my boy IngrAm after the 1st few weeks of the season change over

2 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Mike Davis for Bears, Ito Smith Atlanta he was used near the goal line last year.

Mike Davis has one goal line TD in his 4 year career.  And it came last year against Arizona, a historically bad defense. 

Edited by Chardo
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Brye said:

McCaffery is a WR2 and a RB1 mixed into one , he’s like a super Sayien 4 Goku in ppr fantasy football 😈

Yes. And the only thing that might stop him from historic fantasy numbers is Newton at the stripe.  CMC will be top 3 regardless, as a Norv Turner RB, but Newton will keep him from being a fantasy legend like Emmitt, LT, and AP.

As far as Jordan Howard goes, many expect Sanders to take hold of the lead role in Philly (if not by Week 1, then sometime soon after). If that does happen, Howard could still have value as a goal line back. I was looking into goal line carries last week and discovered...

In each of the last 3 seasons, there are only 2 RB’s to get at least 4 rushing TD’s from inside the 5, on at least 50% of attempts from inside the 5. Todd Gurley is one of those guys. And Jordan Howard is the other. 

So Howard has been efficient in his attempts from close in to get into the end zone.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Corleone said:

As far as Jordan Howard goes, many expect Sanders to take hold of the lead role in Philly (if not by Week 1, then sometime soon after). If that does happen, Howard could still have value as a goal line back. I was looking into goal line carries last week and discovered...

In each of the last 3 seasons, there are only 2 RB’s to get at least 4 rushing TD’s from inside the 5, on at least 50% of attempts from inside the 5. Todd Gurley is one of those guys. And Jordan Howard is the other. 

So Howard has been efficient in his attempts from close in to get into the end zone.

Howard is one of the better goal line runners in the league.  I just don't consider a starter, or main guy in RBBC, to be a vulture.  He's supposed to be in at the stripe. 

13 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Now THAT'S an interesting fact.

Nice work.

I noticed last year, that they started pulling Michel at the stripe for Devlin, and he produced.

If you look at the Playoff Game vs. the Chiefs, the same thing happened.  In the preseason this year, same thing.  

What I'm hoping to see/find, is Blount from a few years ago.  Thank you for the notes you dug up.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

Well, titles aside, what I'm looking for is GL RB's that might score 8-10+ TD's.

Well Howard will.  But he'll also get significant yards for you without needing someone else's injury, unlike some of the true vultures being mentioned.