NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Game Day Weather 2019

beerfish

This thread has been pretty quiet this week...most of the games look to have decent weather. But one that I noticed with possible implications is the Baltimore vs. Buffalo game. It looks to be steady 25-30 mph winds the whole afternoon, which seems high enough to affect the passing and kicking games. I'm most likely pulling guys like John Brown and Tucker out of my lineups. Is this enough wind to heavily impact the kicking game there?

• Thanks 1

Snow is forecast for Broncos-Chiefs in KC on Sunday. How much of an impact do you guys think that will have on the game? Are you shying away from that matchup now, or do you think there won’t be much of an impact? Or might it even help the offenses (thinking about Lindsay and the running game)?

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Snow is forecast for Broncos-Chiefs in KC on Sunday. How much of an impact do you guys think that will have on the game? Are you shying away from that matchup now, or do you think there won’t be much of an impact? Or might it even help the offenses (thinking about Lindsay and the running game)?

Pasted from Mahomes thread:

Looks like snow is starting around 9AM and continuing with periods of snow continuing throughout the game (85%) 1-3" expected and it is no longer showing snow showers or any precip mix, just snow...the wind forecast has actually decreased to the 5-10 MPH range.

I don't think it impacts anything?

• Thanks 1

winds really kicking in up here ... just spoke to a buddy who works out at the track (right next to MetLife), and he says it's pickin' up and swirling about ovah there 🤷‍♂️

forecast still calling for 15-20 mph sustained, gusts up to 30+  

big 'Quan/Laird days ootb?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

winds really kicking in up here ... just spoke to a buddy who works out at the track (right next to MetLife), and he says it's pickin' up and swirling about ovah there 🤷‍♂️

forecast still calling for 15-20 mph sustained, gusts up to 30+  

big 'Quan/Laird days ootb?

I live in NJ only a 10-minute drive from MetLife, and was just outside for about 10 minutes. I didn't find the winds to be an issue at all yet, for what it's worth.

38 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I live in NJ only a 10-minute drive from MetLife, and was just outside for about 10 minutes. I didn't find the winds to be an issue at all yet, for what it's worth.

thanks for tossing that in ... i made my post 2+ hours ago, was whippin' up here in NYC ... my buddy is in Carlstadt (Hoboken ave. way) and reported swirling stoopidity. 

the fickle mid- December winds of Bergen County, eh?

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

thanks for tossing that in ... i made my post 2+ hours ago, was whippin' up here in NYC ... my buddy is in Carlstadt (Hoboken ave. way) and reported swirling stoopidity. 

the fickle mid- December winds of Bergen County, eh?

And Essex County as well (where I am) :).

BTW, I looked up some stats relevant to how Fitzpatrick performs in wind...I'll be posting in the DeVante Parker thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, affliction said:

Stars studs even in snow 

7 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Damn it looks like a blizzard in KC. I know you can’t sit your studs but this looks ugly af

There's going to be a lot of running.  I can't believe I'm doing it, but I'm sitting Mahomes.  He hasn't been great in good weather.  What confidence do we have in him in a blizzard?