NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jadeveon Clowney trades and Fantasy Impacts.

Reports are the Houston  is in talks with five teams.

It is time to put your prognosticators hats on.    Lets hear what you think the best trade would be?   Clowney wants to go to Philly or Seatlle, The Texans say the only progress so far is with Miami.

The 5 teams in the trade talks are  - Seattle, Philly, Miami, Redskins and Jets

What I would like to see happen is Jordan Howard go to Texas, and see Miles Sanders start for the Eagles.  The Eagles have plenty of depth at RB, and Houston needs a RB.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not even a real player right?  

Where there's smoke... there's Gordon.

Sending Clowney to WAS for Trent Williams makes the most sense. Protect the franchise QB & solidify that o-line. I think Johnson can be solid as HOU’s RB1. 

Edit: I’m looking at this from a HOU perspective

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 2

The one that makes the most sense is for Seattle to trade for him.

They need help in a bad way on defensive rush, they should trade Penny for Clowney as Carson is the 1A back in Seattle and Seattle could pick up a free agent like Zenner to fill Penny's roll. 

2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Sending Clowney to WAS for Trent Williams makes the most sense. Protect the franchise QB & solidify that o-line. I think Johnson can be solid as HOU’s RB1

It makes sense but these are two of the teams with an NFL least amount of sense when it comes to trading, therefore it probably won't happen.  You're talking about Texans who traded away elite LT Duane Brown to the Seahawks for a bag of magic beans.  And a 'Skins team with some of the worst trades in league history, from RG3 to Donovan McNabb to trading a 3rd and CB Kendall Smith to KC for Alex Smith.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jumper said:

It makes sense but these are two of the teams with an NFL least amount of sense when it comes to trading, therefore it probably won't happen.  You're talking about Texans who traded away elite LT Duane Brown to the Seahawks for a bag of magic beans.  And a 'Skins team with some of the worst trades in league history, from RG3 to Donovan McNabb to trading a 3rd and CB Kendall Smith to KC for Alex Smith.  

Kendall Fuller ;)

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Sending Clowney to WAS for Trent Williams makes the most sense. Protect the franchise QB & solidify that o-line. I think Johnson can be solid as HOU’s RB1

Sounds about right but I don't think WAS is giving up on Williams yet. Weird situation there. I think they're going to do everything they can to keep him for the success of Haskins/Guice (later in the year, of course 😏).

Agree SEA makes a lot of sense, but IMO Penny doesn't make sense. It would be strange to ship off last year's first round pick so quickly.

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Kendall Fuller ;)

You're right, Alex Smith has me seeing Smiths all over the place like The Matrix. Just imagine a recursively infinite amount of Smiths all checking down for a 3 yard completion. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

Sounds about right but I don't think WAS is giving up on Williams yet. Weird situation there. I think they're going to do everything they can to keep him for the success of Haskins/Guice (later in the year, of course 😏).

Agree SEA makes a lot of sense, but IMO Penny doesn't make sense. It would be strange to ship off last year's first round pick so quickly.

He does not fit the scheme, and Carson is visibly a better back.

He is going nowhere and as a Seattle fan and native Washingtonian, I would love to see him get traded for some value.  He is simply not valuable to Seattle with the emergence of Carson.  ( who is legit).   

Seattle has a terrible pass rush, and I mean bottom of the barrel bad.  Penny would be a fair fit with the Texans. I get that Penny is a 1st round pick, but it is not working out for the Seahawks like they thought it would.  Trading him now would give them the best value.  He is not going to get enough carries to "improve his value" over this season.  IMO

I think there's multiple ways to look at this:

Houston:  Defense will still be quality even without Clowney and still one you'll start most weeks; if they get a RB, Duke Johnson's value drops, especially in non-PPR; Penny would really see a rise in value if he went to Houston, Drake would probably be about the same, maybe a slight boost; a trade for a talented OT would boost Watson's value and help the run game

Miami:  Their D becomes a sneaky streaming option with a quality push rushing option to go with a strong secondary

Seattle: Carson obviously sees a boost and continues to rise in ADP if Penny leaves; their defense also becomes a little more enticing for sure

Philadelphia:  Could challenge for the #1 DST if Clowney goes there; obviously any RB going back to Houston would boost the value of the remaining RBs (likely Sanders)

Washington:  Sucks

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Any Dolphins, Jets, Eagles,  or Redskin fans wanna chime in?

What would you give up?  Or do you want to avoid the clown show?

HOU wants PHI tackle Andre Dillard; Da Iggles won't give him up. The Texans will refuse the counteroffer of Jordan Howard and Nelson Agholor.  The end. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

He does not fit the scheme, and Carson is visibly a better back.

He is going nowhere and as a Seattle fan and native Washingtonian, I would love to see him get traded for some value.  He is simply not valuable to Seattle with the emergence of Carson.  ( who is legit).   

Seattle has a terrible pass rush, and I mean bottom of the barrel bad.  Penny would be a fair fit with the Texans. I get that Penny is a 1st round pick, but it is not working out for the Seahawks like they thought it would.  Trading him now would give them the best value.  He is not going to get enough carries to "improve his value" over this season.  IMO

Carson has a significant injury history and Penny was quietly not bad at all last year. "He is going nowhere..." - with a 4.9 YPC his rookie year?!? Hm.......

Not seeing Penny <> Clowney, at all.

I agree Carson is a huge Injury risk, and Penny is a solid back up.

BUT, there are lots of Back ups around, and Seattle should really feel desperate about there D -line.    It is a risk worth taking.

13 minutes ago, WillieSmalls said:

Redskins fan.

Clowney is a talent but the Skins DL/LB are pretty dang good. We've used a lot of early draft picks on them

2018 - 1st RD- Da'Ron Payne

2017 - 1st RD Jonathon Allen

There are a lot of things we need. DL is not one of them.

5 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

BUT, there are lots of Back ups around, and Seattle should really feel desperate about there D -line.    It is a risk worth taking.

You can never have too many pass rushers.  I wish the niners would trade for him.

5 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I think a better solution would be for HOU to extend Clowney and trade Whitney Mercilus as a salary dump to PHI for Agholor and backup OT Vitai.  Then Texans sign TJ Yeldon or Ajayi and call it a day. 

• Like 1

Houston wants devante parker as the wr included... and clowney says he doesn't prefer the phins...

Now I could see clowney a seahawk... and the most sense is cj prosise he's healthy has skills of dj and arian... and dirt cheap.. 

1 minute ago, hard1 said:

Houston wants devante parker as the wr included... and clowney says he doesn't prefer the phins...

Now I could see clowney a seahawk... and the most sense is cj prosise he's healthy has skills of dj and arian... and dirt cheap.. 

make it a 3 way with Washington & toss in Jordan Reed, no?  

c'mon - they'd be excoriated mercilessly if they traded for a mummy like Prosise ... talented kid, but, he prolly dislocated his shoulder whilst fist pumping this scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can't believe they're really considering trading Clowney for so little. If I'm the Texans, I would demand a top tier OL + a decent back + maybe some picks.

Look at what the Raiders got for Mack. Now, Clowney is not Mack, but he's pretty good. I can't believe they're considering letting him go for "OK" backs like Howard or Drake.

7 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Two questions, why do the Texans want DVP and secondly who the hell cares what Clowney prefers?  If the dude would rather sit out the season instead of getting the $15.6M franchise salary this year plus still getting to test FA next year then he deserves to go to a loser team like the 'Fins anyway. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

make it a 3 way with Washington & toss in Jordan Reed, no?  

c'mon - they'd be excoriated mercilessly if they traded for a mummy like Prosise ... talented kid, but, he prolly dislocated his shoulder whilst fist pumping this scenario. 

Honestly could Peterson in there too

1 minute ago, jumper said:

Two questions, why do the Texans want DVP and secondly who the hell cares what Clowney prefers?  If the dude would rather sit out the season instead of getting the $15.6M franchise salary this year plus still getting to test FA next year then he deserves to go to a loser team like the 'Fins anyway. 

Because no team is going to trade for him if they aren't able to work out a long term deal for him, not for fair value anyway.  See Anthony Davis in the NBA last year.